Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    50

    What do I need to go 8S?

    hello guys
    So I have an Xmaxx 6s with an upgrade in the servo (2085X) and a Esc (max5).
    My question is beside the batteries and charger what else do I need to put this monster at 8S?
    thank you

  2. #2
    RC Racer X-Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosseica View Post
    hello guys
    So I have an Xmaxx 6s with an upgrade in the servo (2085X) and a Esc (max5).
    My question is beside the batteries and charger what else do I need to put this monster at 8S?
    thank you
    my suggestion is upgrade the shafts and the diff gears and it would be fine for 8s, i got a 6s truck and going to put a max 6 in it and run 6s and 8s.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    303
    The shafts? Which part number? I didn't change them and it works fine...

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    163
    The pins in the stock stubaxles are smaller. There’s no reason not to run them until they break,but chances are that they will.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maxx 8S

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by PitchforkR View Post
    The pins in the stock stubaxles are smaller. There’s no reason not to run them until they break,but chances are that they will.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any ref # please ? because I don't see what you are talking about. As now nothing break on my side, I changed the differential pinions/ring , the Max6 and that's it.

  6. #6
    RC Racer X-Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by zeflex View Post
    The shafts? Which part number? I didn't change them and it works fine...
    traxxas parts 7750X, 7768, 7751X, 7754X are the 8s shaft part #'s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •