Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    Nope not at all. The ESC will only use what it needs. The more MAH, the more runtime. The better the C rating the more amps the battery can provide in conjunction with the MAH. The 9400ís will be a good fit for the Xmaxx from what I have read. If you look on SMCís website, youíll see they list this battery as for use in the Xmaxx. Good choice. They also will put the connectors on for you. And yes the older traxxas connectors do fit the new style ID connectors. So no need to worry about soldering.

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice. I ordered the lipo's today I didn't order charger I wasn't sure which one to order. Any suggestions on what charger use? Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKNMORTYROCKS View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I ordered the lipo's today I didn't order charger I wasn't sure which one to order. Any suggestions on what charger use? Thanks
    I use a charger thatís been discontinued. Itís the Hitec Ultima. It runs off of DC power only, so you have to hook up a DC power supply. Itís awesome though. Comes with alligator clips for the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Nope not at all. The ESC will only use what it needs. The more MAH, the more runtime. The better the C rating the more amps the battery can provide in conjunction with the MAH. The 9400ís will be a good fit for the Xmaxx from what I have read. If you look on SMCís website, youíll see they list this battery as for use in the Xmaxx. Good choice. They also will put the connectors on for you. And yes the older traxxas connectors do fit the new style ID connectors. So no need to worry about soldering.
    I just bought a Maxx last week and would now like to order a 4s battery. I have a 3s smc and thought Iíd order a 4s version. When I check out should I select the first generation Traxxas connector for the battery?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbod80 View Post
    I just bought a Maxx last week and would now like to order a 4s battery. I have a 3s smc and thought Iíd order a 4s version. When I check out should I select the first generation Traxxas connector for the battery?
    This is the X-Maxx forum, however the old mates to the new, theyíre not allowed to sell genuine traxxas connectors. Thatís the reason.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    This is the X-Maxx forum, however the old mates to the new, theyíre not allowed to sell genuine traxxas connectors. Thatís the reason.

Yeah I know this is the XMaxx forum. The battery post on the Maxx forum I saw had 2 post in it. One of them was linking this post. I figured itíd be ok to ask here since it was about battery connections. I do appreciate you answering though.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbod80 View Post
    Yeah I know this is the XMaxx forum. The battery post on the Maxx forum I saw had 2 post in it. One of them was linking this post. I figured itíd be ok to ask here since it was about battery connections. I do appreciate you answering though.
    Just making sure you knew. Iím a fan of XT150ís for high amperage applications. Iím sure XT90ís would be good on the Maxx.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123