Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

are traxxas cars junk

just wondering if traxxas cars are junk compared to losi,hpi,associated the reason i ask is every time we take are bandit,rustler and now summit out to run them somthing always brakes on one of them

RC Racer
    hmm i dont think they are.as i have several traxxas r/c...it is a hobby and parts do break.but also it is in how you run them.if you treat it like a $500. rc it will last longer.but if your out bashing. your gonna break parts quicker. only thing i have broken on both summit are bumper mount ,but that was due to us doing jumps but usually we just curise our summit check my vids n u will how we ride youtube smokeGR20 .my slayer i broke.A arms motor mount and other parts.but agian that was due to me full throttle run an freakin curb = not good.lol so far i traxxas products
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

WOW if you are braking Traxxas cars every time you drive them the last thing you want is a Losi, HPI, AE car. They are all much more fragile in my opinion. Between my son and I we own at least one of all the brands mentioned and some brands more than one and hands down the Traxxas cars re the most durable and reliable.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    i feel your pain kga943 but i have had a few good days out with the summit without something breaking even though i recently broke my rear bumper mount i rear ended a wood post i couldn't see around a corner, i took my summit to the beach and jumped a few dunes with safe landings even though the front seems to always point down coming off the jump and i don't let off the throttle, and dont bother contacting traxxas for spare parts i was told i was sol on my half shafts when i split one on flat land running, no jumping or bashing it rolled over in a few turns and i cracked a shaft. unfortunately it forces the hobbyist to buy metal parts after spending $500 on plastic
    summit, vxl merv,65mph club
    Oh No I Use Acronyms

RC Enthusiast
    juat broke a rear toe rod today the metal shaft, didnt do anything really to brake it just running out front on the street temp outside is 40 is that to cold

Landing jumps with the throttle on will break shafts among other things.Remember jumping the truck off 2 or 3 foot jumps is like jumping your1:1 off 20 or 30 foot jumps.Bad things will happen.Luckily parts are way cheaper than 1:1.Sorry to hear your havin troubles.But once you get it sorted out it's a fun truck....kga943 i just rolled mine down about 50 feet of rock then 15 foot drop of a cliff.Broke lower front a arm, body mount and front bumper mount.most other r/c i'd still be there lookin for parts...PS i drove it out and kept goin till the batts died.I'm impressed with the toughness of this truck.There were no survivors from the crash
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    one more thing does someone make upgraded toe shafts

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kga943
    juat broke a rear toe rod today the metal shaft, didnt do anything really to brake it just running out front on the street temp outside is 40 is that to cold

I don't want to cause an argument, but a peice of steel or aluminium doesn't just break (not BRAKE). Have you got any carnage pics?

I think Traxxas vehicles are tough. You've got to remember that RC vehicles, whatever the brand can only take so much. Some people complain that they did a 10 foot jump and something broke. What do they expect? I said this in another post, but if you watch Monster Jam, or any other form of motorsport, parts break all the time, especially during impacts and when they are used for a purpose other than what they were designed for.

So to answer your question, No, Traxxas vehicles are not 'junk', and to be honest I think some of the other brands you have listed are far weaker.

Have you got some pics of your breakages??

RC Enthusiast
    traxxas is the best.......

RC Qualifier

traxxas trucks junk?

Hi,I've noticed a lot of people have trouble with a new truck, .Ive a T maxx,with ,roll cage,rpm F/R,mulcher tyres,I drive it at full throttle over ant hills(fantastic jumps) and really rough grounds,building sites,etc.My mate drives his at full throttle over 1 inch smooth ground.his truck is all alu,mines mainly plastic(bends are better than breaks).You have to make the truck capable of doing what you want it to do.I know its annoying,but thats basically how it works.Shopping online is cheap,but if your lhs is good its worth paying a little more.Apparently,lhs's can help you with tuning assembly etc,but mine are rubbish so I shop online and sort my trucks myself,Traxxas are renouned for the service,traxxas uk are excellent.As for traxxas being junk,they're stronger than most

RC Racer
    I dont understand all this that happens to some owners and their traxxas car. I now have a summit, erbe and embe. I see people break all kinds of parts, bad regulator, bad RX, bad batteries, bad servos and so on.

I DRIVE my cars almost to the max, and rearly have any problems.
    Stuff will break, thats a part of the hobby!

I have had my summit for almost a year now, and the only thing I have changed out is the rear bumper bracket, a servo and I now see that it is time for new tires. And this summit has seen some action! Why this happens to some people I dont know, and I dont understand it!

Post edited for language NC
    Last edited by Nitro Chicken; 01-17-2010 at 08:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    A good portion of the challenges I have seen come with practice and skill with the controller. I have a number of RCs (e-revo brushless featured in the "built my way" thread, e-revo 1/16, Losi 8ight-e 2.0 Buggy) and have driven them for pack after pack doing jumps, flips, etc. with little problems. I'll hand my controller to less experienced drivers and within minutes I'm bringing it back to the garage for new parts, biggest problem seems to be the lead foot mentality and if you jump control in the air (brake nose down, throttle nose up).

Funny story is the same thing happens with full size cars. I have always driven fast cars and one of my co-workers decided to jump into an M3 after spending years with Ford trucks. It took two weeks for him to total it on an off ramp on the highway, unlike other cars even with traction control it can be hard to stop the tires from spinning when you simply floor it .

RC Qualifier
    Jesper, Some people who get into this hobby don't do preventive maintence/inspections of their cars after a run. So, when something breaks, it was probably broken/weak before the next run. They don't understand that a toy grade rc and a hobby grade rc are different animals. Hope that clears it up a little.
    Place witty phrase here.

RC Enthusiast
    i understand things brake just wondering if other brands were stronger,and when you run 3 cars at a time something is going to brake i just dont understand the summit rear toe bar braking i wasnt doing anything crazy take a look
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/IMG_1181.jpg

RC Enthusiast
    would traxxas warranty this i have only had it for 2 weeks

RC Racer
    lol wow i just replaced my sons 1 week after he got it,because he hit a sign post.and it got bent so i went hobby store and got new one.it was only a few bucks,but at some point u must of damaged it,they dont just break. check with ur store or u can try traxxas.i think it was 2 in a pack for$12 now i have a spare
    smokeGR

RC Racer
    Why would they? You drove it, and you broke it. Two weeks? A lot can happen in two weeks! The first two weeks was when my summit took the most hits!
    Last edited by Jesper; 01-17-2010 at 06:42 PM.

one more thing does someone make upgraded toe shafts
    ya i think traxxas makes some
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    can you give me a link,integy makes them but wont be out until feb

RC Qualifier
    My traxxas is 10 times tougher then my HPI savage. I spent more time fixing my HPI then driving it. That's why I sold it. I have never been happier then I am with traxxas.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

can you give me a link,integy makes them but wont be out until feb
    this is at buytraxxas ...http://www.buytraxxas.com/default.ph...2961_3286..you can get them off ebay. There is red or black don't know if there is a difference between the colors other than color.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas is really really good. I ran my 1/16th Slash at full speed into a cement curb. and didnt break a thing.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Champion
    I think this is funny being posted in the Summit forum. The Summit is the toughest Traxxas model, IMO. The Summit/Revo is a very well thought out and sophisticated design. On the other hand, the Rustler is a different story.

I have absolutely abused my Summit almost daily for the past 3 months. It is a TANK.

For upgraded toe links for the Summit, search part #5338 in your online retailer of choice. You can get Traxxas aluminum links. #5338A is the silver colored aluminum, and #5338R is anodized red aluminum. I run the red toe links and push rods in the front and rear. They look and perform great!
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC poster
    i agree with Jay 313.... my summit has taken a beating and ive only had to replace one half shaft. what are the benifits of upgrading to an aluminum halfshaft?

Quote Originally Posted by summitboy101
    i agree with Jay 313.... my summit has taken a beating and ive only had to replace one half shaft. what are the benifits of upgrading to an aluminum halfshaft?
    You get to strip out diff's or wheel hex's instead.8 bucks for a half shaft or 20 for a diff rebuild.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    WOW if you are braking Traxxas cars every time you drive them the last thing you want is a Losi, HPI, AE car. They are all much more fragile in my opinion. Between my son and I we own at least one of all the brands mentioned and some brands more than one and hands down the Traxxas cars re the most durable and reliable.
    Junk? Junk?
    True that dad!!! Last thing you should have is a top end car if you break a lot of parts...
    Traxxas are very good!!!
    Alloutrc.proforums.org

First, when you want to start a thread like this, it's better not to use the "junk" word. There are better ways to say that and avoid trouble.

Second, I abuse many of my brushless trucks, and I have to say that they hold up pretty well. I've seen other brands break with much less abuse.

Third, fixing things is part of the hobbie, you have to love that too!

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    traxxas is the best i wanna see an hpi,losi or a ae take 30 feet in the air over and over again and keep on driving like my slash can
    ERBE
    summit
    slash vxl
    slash 4x4 rtr and pe

RC Qualifier
    they are tough....

take your 1:1 rig off a 10 foot jump and see what happens
    Three Summits

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    they are tough....

take your 1:1 rig off a 10 foot jump and see what happens
    ya i will get right on that one lol i would make it off the jump but i dont think i would make the landing
    ERBE
    summit
    slash vxl
    slash 4x4 rtr and pe

RC Qualifier
    would traxxas warranty this i have only had it for 2 weeks
    You know they may replace it as a good faith gesture.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    On the other hand, the Rustler is a different story.

Lets not bring the poor little Rusty into this conversation But since you did, I've got heaps of broken castor blocks if you want them, and a few bulkheads, and the odd wecked shock or two!

Just to cover myself, the Rustler is a brilliant truck. However, if you like hitting concrete curbs at 50+mph, your 'broken parts box' will be as full as mine is. Tough little trucks Rustlers.

RC Qualifier
    i love traxxas and aside from the stock maxx series they're pretty strong but to say hpi is brittle is ?? a lie ??
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC poster
    ur saying the maxx stock trucks are not very strong??? wat r u basing that on??

RC Racer
    However, if you like hitting concrete curbs at 50+mph, your 'broken parts box' will be as full as mine is
    yea i hear eemmaaxxxx i did that to my slayer.opps freakin curb came from know where,lol didnt destroy it. broke engine mount ,strip gear.and the front bumper n skid plates all had to be replaced so $50 parts back on the road.lol i think it was 50 to zero in .004 sec ouch
    smokeGR

RC Racer
    i cant belive you had the b*lls to say this on the trx forum,lol
    Drive It Like You Stole It.

RC Qualifier
    just wondering if traxxas cars are junk compared to losi,hpi,associated the reason i ask is every time we take are bandit,rustler and now summit out to run them something always brakes on one of them
    yes and no, its up to traxxas to make them better, and more often that not i wish they did. they have made improvements over the years, but they always miss a lot. kind of frustrating to have a truck thats a work in progress, and might not get updated with the appropriate fixes, that breaks down what seems like all the time. Not sure if other company's are doing better at this though, its hard to make these things indestructible as they should be.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Enthusiast
    just got off the phone with traxxas and they are sending out a new toe rod and end for free,i already ordered the stronger ones for the revo so i will have a extra one,i think they should warranty some of this stuff when you spend 550.00 on it and if they get enough people call in on the same thing they might make it better on the next model so just dont go buy one call them first so they no what is going on with their product in real use

RC Qualifier
    ya i agree with kga943 about waranting the pieces.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by summitboy101
    ur saying the maxx stock trucks are not very strong??? wat r u basing that on??
    My E-Maxx has always been much more fragile than my Summit. You gotta throw a few upgrades at a Maxx before it'll stand up to crashes as well as a Summit or E-Revo does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast