RC Racer

best off road tires for rustler?

I do a lot of rough driving in heavy dirt and gravel and the stock tires just arent doing it. I was looking at a set of dirt hawgs from proline but now i consider some trenchers or duratrax banditos

I've used the 2.8 trenchers, the 2.2/3.0 badlands, and the kr2s. I think the badlands look and perform best of the 3. You'll want to change the gearing to keep it in a safe range, I went with 19/86 on the trenchers and 23/83 for the others.

Trenchers

Badlands

KR2s
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton

RC Racer
    probably gonna get the trenchers. They look and preform good. What about duratrax banditos? are those any good or are they crap?

RC Racer
    What's up with the slash bumper on your rusty???

RC Enthusiast
    Ive run 2.8 dirt hawgs and they were ok but wore out pretty fast. Currently running 2.8 trenchers and they have way better traction and longevity but are a little heavy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

the banditos are onroad tires. The stock bumper is pretty much useless and I didn't like the rpm option so I tried the slash bumper and it works great.

RC Racer
    what about duratrax six packs for rear and banditos for front. Should i just use off road tires all around or off-road on back and on-road on front.

RC Racer
    does the slash bumper go above the body? I don't like the rpm one either(i broke one)

I've never used those tires but they look like alright. I'd go with off road tires all around or just on the rear and keep the stock up front if you like them.

The top of the bumper is just a bit below the top of the body. I somehow managed to break 2 rpm bumpers rather easily.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas god View Post
    What's up with the slash bumper on your rusty???
    I was thinking the same thing ��

RC Qualifier
    I run Trenchers on the back of my Rustler, only the back! A lot of people warn that they are quite heavy, so be weary of that, but it is safe for something like a pede, and it's same tranny so I think it will be fine. mine has been fine, just don't do something stupid or it will, of course break (why my trucks never run). I've seen Badlands used on a couple of Rustlers and they seem to work well too, but they are not as heavy, so might save your tranny a little bit. if you want to run offroad, just put offroad tires all the way around. otherwise, i have to agree with keeping the ribbed tires on the front. Either will work, need to replace my front tires, not sure if I'll get ribbed or another set of Trenchers. The ribbed aren't that much cheaper though, $15 vs. $20, eh. We'll see, may consider proline ribbed tires, but whatever you do, just have fun!

RC Racer
    I think I will get duratrax six packs all around. They look good and people say they work.

Make sure to get the correct offsets because the front and rear are different

RC Racer
    That is true.

RC poster
    can I put larger size tires on a rustler? using stock 2.8.
    Is the removal of worn tires worth it or just buy mounted tires?

RC Racer
    you can put larger size tires if you want. I fit traxxas talons to my truck and it looked great.

RC Competitor
    Don’t want to impose on another’s persons thread, but I had the same question. But my Rustler has a Castle 2200on it. So it’s like none of my current tires just get pushed, instead of turning the Rustler. I’m sure it’s just a weight issue with the bigger motor in the rear & no weight in the front. So what’s a good tie for the front to help with turning?

RC Racer
    How many kv is you motor. I am getting a 4000 kv brush less system for my rusty so i thing I will get a heavier tire setup for my car and I would recommend the same for you. I am currently looking at duratrax six-pack or proline badlands or trenchers.(warning,trenchers can take a toll on your tranny because of their heavy weight)

RC Racer
    I decided to get badlands on rear and they are amazing