Thread: Body shells

RC Enthusiast

Body shells

I am wondering if you can get different body shells for the rally 1/10 model as struggling to find replacements

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    These are all listed under Traxxas Slash / Rally. However, take note of the track widths. If you have the newer 1/10 Rally, it's a good bit narrower than the previous gen 1/10 Rally. The new Rally uses Telluride suspension arms in an effort to try and go more scale with the Ford Fiesta body. The old Rally used Slash 4x4 arms which are a bit longer/wider. Some really cool bodies here though.
    [URL="https://deltaplastikusa.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=109_112"]

RC Enthusiast
    This is what I have got

RC Racer
    Ok, you’ve got the newer generation. Those bodies at Delta are going to be wider than your track width. You’d need to get longer suspension arms installed so it wouldn’t look funny.

RC Enthusiast
    Which is older version of the rally

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
    Ok, you’ve got the newer generation. Those bodies at Delta are going to be wider than your track width. You’d need to get longer suspension arms installed so it wouldn’t look funny.

Regular slash 4x4 arms?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian2006uk View Post
    Which is older version of the rally

The 7407.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    So what shells will fit my rally

RC Racer
    Any of the shells to that link I sent you would "fit", but you're going to have to do some modifications. All of those bodies are going to be wider than the stock, NEW 1/10 Rally as I mentioned before. So, you're going to either have to deal with the wheels being tucked way in, or put on new suspension arms from a Slash 4x4 or Proline Protrac kit to pick up the extra width. You're probably also going to need new, longer axles as I don't think the Rally axles will be long enough to accommodate the wider suspension arms. I did just put a Proline Baja Bug body on mine for SC and Offroad bashing. I'm not sure if you're looking for more of a road course body though. That said, I'm sure you could make the Baja Bug look pretty sweet for the road with it slammed way down and some 1/8 GRP wheels and tires.