RC Competitor

Slash street killer

So I wanna build a 2wd street slash.
    My ideas are a mid motor conversion, lcg chassis, 1/8 brushless (to not even worry about temps), and most of all a older truck style body (like vaterra did few years back).
    I have the ability to make custom parts if needed. I have many years experience with slash 2wds, but want some input.
    My buddy thinks his nitro on road can beat a built slash...I think not.
    I believe I have everything figured out except, the mid motor conversion, and the body,

Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated. I will be ordering parts in a few days.

- Zach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to seeing your build! The friendly competition between you and your buddy is also way cool.
    Nitro Vs. Lipo
    I'm rooting for you. When I was growing up, nitro was the thing to have, however, when I returned to the hobby several years ago...it was almost the opposite.
    I also like the idea of a classic body...sounds good.

Haha this will be fun. I see a new brushless truck for your mate in the near future.. :-)

Back in the day my nitro was the fastest, but when brushless started being affordable and my mates upgraded all of a sudden I was the slow one.

In saying that, I prefer the sound of a engine over the wine of a motor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Sounds great. I'm rooting for the Lipo as well. I do have both and the sound and smoke of the nitros IS awesome. My Tmaxx and Revo, both nitros, can't keep up with my street slash.
    Most of the old school looking bodies I have seen are not very aero friendly. I currently have the 72 muscle car body on my slash and it starts getting blow over issues around 50-55 mph. Good luck. Share some pic/vids of your build!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darth Kenobie; 01-30-2018 at 05:46 PM.

RC Competitor
    Hey guys!
    Glad to hear people are interested!
    Here is what I had in mind for a body. Proline Silverado.

Can't wait to see how it turns out! Keep us posted

RC Competitor
    Sorry guys for not posting much, works been really busy.
    Side note: picked up this bomber for $100. Came with everything expect a remote and battery....Yea 100 bucks
    Going to be looking this week more into parts for the slash! I think first ima order a lcg conversion, and possibly a body (to figure out fitment with the wheel base)
    Going to order some stuff so in a few weeks when I have off, I can knock out this build a big amount.
    My goal: by April to have a good amount of fab work done, possibly be ready to start testing!