Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    That can easily be remedied by adjusting the steering sensitivity.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    So, you want to install a faster servo, only to slow it down by lowering the steering sensitivity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    So, you want to install a faster servo, only to slow it down by lowering the steering sensitivity?

Not necessarily faster, stronger.

460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    Not to get too technical with you but itís a scale truck and the rear end has a solid axle with that part in the middle of the axle being a diff housing with a ring and pinion gear in it and in this case some planetary gears to help with torque twist. So yes it does have a rear diff

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    Not necessarily faster, stronger.

Makes sense.

RC Racer

so who is getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by slash2018 View Post
    Not to get too technical with you but itís a scale truck and the rear end has a solid axle with that part in the middle of the axle being a diff housing with a ring and pinion gear in it and in this case some planetary gears to help with torque twist. So yes it does have a rear diff
    IT DOES NOT have a rear differential!!!!! Only a ring and pinion. Go to a shop and check it out! Both wheels are solidly connected. Also check out the the Traxxas website.
    Clearly no diff housing, only a spool. Geez. There are planetary gears driving the PINION to reduce or eliminate torque twist. The pinion is not simply connected to the driveshaft, but thereís no differential to make the rear wheels spin at different speeds.

Last edited by dronenewbie; 03-17-2018 at 09:34 AM.

I'm not getting the servo or motor worries. First, do you think that they would make the flagship (IMHO) of the fleet have to be upgraded out of the gate to run it? That's another mfg. What are the specs on the servo? Its gonna be slow, it has to to compensate for vehicle weight. You don't get speed and grunt. The motor, on 6s goes faster than the truck can handle (rough stuff, who goes 500 mph thru that?) Wait til fourdub gets his, he beats all his rc rigs to death and makes videos of it. If there is a problem, we'll hear about it. Way too much money in development and mfg for Traxxas to release a turd. They did their homework and have produced now another rig that rocks the world of the scalers and the TT crowd, much to the dismay of many brand loyalists. Look at RCDriver's video again if you dismiss my "theory". Anything on 6s is going to go wicked fast. I personally can't wait for the run comparison videos to come, there are many peeps that bought this and another rig of similar size. There should be a bunch of "I should have only bought this truck" comments coming. And you can't call me a fan boi, I scratch build using the best of everybody's stuff. This truck may actually be the first OEM built rig I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    I'm not getting the servo or motor worries. First, do you think that they would make the flagship (IMHO) of the fleet have to be upgraded out of the gate to run it? That's another mfg. What are the specs on the servo? Its gonna be slow, it has to to compensate for vehicle weight. You don't get speed and grunt. The motor, on 6s goes faster than the truck can handle (rough stuff, who goes 500 mph thru that?) Wait til fourdub gets his, he beats all his rc rigs to death and makes videos of it. If there is a problem, we'll hear about it. Way too much money in development and mfg for Traxxas to release a turd. They did their homework and have produced now another rig that rocks the world of the scalers and the TT crowd, much to the dismay of many brand loyalists. Look at RCDriver's video again if you dismiss my "theory". Anything on 6s is going to go wicked fast. I personally can't wait for the run comparison videos to come, there are many peeps that bought this and another rig of similar size. There should be a bunch of "I should have only bought this truck" comments coming. And you can't call me a fan boi, I scratch build using the best of everybody's stuff. This truck may actually be the first OEM built rig I buy.
    Basically, we all know the same servo sucks in a 1/10 sct, it'll suck here too. But I, for one, don't expect anything otherwise. It's par for the course, I'll upgrade as needed.

I like to be able to get the tires to turn while sitting still if I need them to. For instance, if I'm in a tight spot and I want to maneuver my way out without HOG with a few tight turns.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 03-17-2018 at 10:19 AM.

RC poster
    Got my preorder in. This will be my first RC in about 15 years. It just looked too nice to pass up.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC3495 View Post
    Got my preorder in. This will be my first RC in about 15 years. It just looked too nice to pass up.
    Congrats man!

RC Racer
    I was able to run a full pack on the demo and first off the servo is garbage, sometimes it wouldn’t center, it reminds me of the spektrum servo that comes stock in the Baja rey. Other than that the truck is a blast to drive. On a 4s 5000mah gens lipo I got a solid 20 min of run time. The suspension is really good and soaks everything up. I think it would work a little better if stiffer but not a big deal. It has a turning radius like a school bus but a punch of the throttle helps it out. When you punch it the truck goes straight as an arrow, it’s pretty cool. No torque twist at all. The tires hook up really good as well. So far I think traxxas nailed it minus the steering and servo.

RC Racer
    Oh yeah and it’s pretty quick on 4s. For reliability I will probably only run it on 4. I’m sure it can handle 6 but 4s is fast enough.

RC Racer
    Seems like another recent well thought our RC from Traxxas. The 8s XMAXX is awesome to me and the new Erevo 2.0.is probably my next RC.

I have been watching some videos of the UDR and the details seem have been sweated out. Hopefully it will not have the servo issues that the EREVO 2.0 seems to have.

RC Competitor
    New to forum, couldn’t pass up getting one of these UDR’s! Preorder my Rigid model last week along with my brother and his Fox copy. Can’t wait till they show up!

RC Qualifier
    Still cant decide between the UDR or X-MAXX!!!!

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    I love my xmaxx, but it might have to make room for the UDR.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    I love my xmaxx, but it might have to make room for the UDR.
    Say it ain't so!!

RC Racer
    Took it out again today and got a solid 25 min with a 4s 5000mah. Low voltage didn’t kick in yet. I’m really impressed with the run time. I wasn’t hammered down the whole time but ran it hard. I stiffened up the shocks a little since it comes with zero preload and it jumped perfect, no endos and it turned a little better but still not all that great, hopefully that can be made a little better. Not a deal breaker by any means. The rear diff housing was a little on the warm side but shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

RC Racer
    Found a video with very interesting facts about the UDR. Really surprised Traxxas is not really advertising what is discussed in this video.
    https://youtu.be/iwqqko5cjBk

nice video!!! interesting stuff
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I figured it would have a planetary setup up front like the rear, easier than a ridiculous ring and pinion. As for the overdriven front, I'm guessing they were keeping that on the down low, you can't really patent that concept. It will be interesting to see if the aftermarket guys start making gear sets for other trucks. That will make for another Traxxas told ya so moment.

RC Racer
    Sorry but the guy that did that video is wrong. I was able to get mine today and the wheels turn the same all around. When you turn the fronts the rears turn the same and when you turn the rears the front turn the same. I’m sure it had to do with the truck being new and everything is tight the oil is fresh, mine now has 4 packs through it and i just checked.

RC Competitor
    Sorry but the guy that did that video is wrong. I was able to get mine today and the wheels turn the same all around. When you turn the fronts the rears turn the same and when you turn the rears the front turn the same. I’m sure it had to do with the truck being new and everything is tight the oil is fresh, mine now has 4 packs through it and i just checked.
    May I ask how you were able to get the truck already?

nice!!!! hows it performing so far?
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbydave View Post
    May I ask how you were able to get the truck already?
    Because it became available today and I was able to drive a demo last week

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    nice!!!! hows it performing so far?
    It’s pretty awesome!! Well worth the price so far. Iv had a few end over end wrecks and hard landings and it’s holding up really well. Don’t let the plastic turn you away. It’s tough. The performance, motor, suspension, tires, it’s all good! The body feels a little thin around the fenders and bumpers but its holding up just fine, I was worried about it but no worries. I think it’s the perfect size too. Again the only problem is the slow servo and bad turning radius but when you’re not on a track it’s not that bad. I plan on running a few more packs through it this weekend then will probably tear it down. I may get some rattle can bedliner and spray the inside of the body or drywall tape and shoegoo it to reinforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Found a video with very interesting facts about the UDR. Really surprised Traxxas is not really advertising what is discussed in this video.
    I watched the video..

I tried to mind my own... but I just have to say it

I literally shouted at the monitor "ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? IS THIS A PRANK??"
    Two grown men, one of which owns a hobby shop, are explaining the new planetary gear set in front of the center diff, convinced that Traxxas has a secret weapon by spinning the front wheels twice as fast as the rears.. If this were the case, the truck would feel like the parking brake was set if you tried to roll it. Forget trying to drive it with that much driveline bind, bald tires, and busted parts... lol

Either they had a brief "duh" moment, and forgot the rear axle has the same planetary gears, or they are just trying to have some fun showing a faulty "experiment".

I've said my peace... apologies to those with hurt feelings.

I've seen some rigs that had the front overdriven a bit...but not 2:1. That's silly.

RC Racer
    Yeah it seems like the gear ratios would need to be different front and rear for that to be possible and nothing good will happen with different ratios

RC Competitor
    Drivetrain bind would cause front or rear tires to drag or push... just doesn’t make sense to do that. The real 1:1 trucks don’t run different ratios from front to back in a 4wd set up. Could you imagine that on pavement??? I have 4wd stuff, it just wouldn’t work on paved surface without eventually breaking parts. Good to hear it’s same ratio front and back.

Where they goofed was when they decided to hold one front wheel still, while spinning the other front wheel. If they would have just spun the spur gear, they would have noticed that the post-it note indicators on the tires would rotate exactly the same speed. Same results if they would have spun a rear wheel, as the rear axle has a locked spool.

Common sense tells you that a machine wouldn't hold upto a 2:1 difference in wheel speed. Jato & I were just discussing the benefits of over driving the front axle in the TRX-4 forum, but only by one tooth vs stock gearing. Nowhere near double the wheel speed...

Yeah it seems like the gear ratios would need to be different front and rear for that to be possible and nothing good will happen with different ratios
    Not true. Plenty of rigs over driving the front. But nowhere near 2:1.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584028

RC Racer
    Having a blast with it, one of the most fun rcís iv ever had.

looks good man!!!!!! nice and dusty!!!!!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Nice looking truck and I second the fun part.

If it’s not Rigid it’s limp!

RC Champion
    Nice..my udr going to ship to me on Tuesday!!

RC Racer
    They have part prices listed on rc planet, I like that traxxas kept them cheap. About 2 months after I got my Baja rey the parts almost doubled in price. Hopefully traxxas doesnít do the same. The dealer I got it from looked up the body and at $60 for a clear one canít wait to paint one up, I think for the Fox or rigid was about $120, still much cheaper then a painted sbr body.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    Nice!! There is absolutely nothing needed out of the box, check wheel nuts and drive it!! Actually with mine I had to calibrate the transmitter, I could steer but it wouldnít go

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    Who was yours purchased through?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbydave View Post
    Who was yours purchased through?
    I was at HT Corona this morning, I have 2 pre-ordered thru them. I was told they are in transit, at Vernon UPS facility now.... so, only a few days away for delivery!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast