Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    sweet, get enough UDR owners, and go race em.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I just looked at that vid on RCCA and wow, a solid axle truck that has no torque twist, even on 6s. There is the Traxxas patent pending design doing its thing. Well done Traxxas. For those who don't understand this problem and want to see it at its worst, simply look at Yeti XL videos on any battery s count and you will soon have a full grasp of the undesirable condition. Now I'm curious about weight bias on this thing.....

RC Competitor

so who is getting one?

I can wait
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-09-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: language

RC Competitor
    Darn it just preordered one

RC Champion
    My LHS still doesn't have a eta on delivery either..i know the new erevos hard to keep up with the demand...i think these will be easier to get..its almost as much as a Xmaxx..look at all the super reys that are out..i got a quote for $719 for one..im holding out for the UDR..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    My LHS still doesn't have a eta on delivery either..i know the new erevos hard to keep up with the demand...i think these will be easier to get..its almost as much as a Xmaxx..look at all the super reys that are out..i got a quote for $719 for one..im holding out for the UDR..
    you really can't compare demand between the udr and sbr. just look at the youtube video page views between the two, the traxxas video on the udr has 208k views and the sbr losi video only has 28k views. i know our shop has a lot more demand for the udr than even the new erevo

RC Racer
    Just saw this on You Tube from RC Driver Magazine- Gotta get one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFhEDGz0ms&t=1264s

RC Champion
    I think I watched that video about 100xs..haha

Traxxas called my LHS and said the UDR demo truck shipped out this morning. So I'll be able to get my hand all over one here next Tuesday or Wednsday. You can say I'm pretty excited.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I cant wait to get mine. I'm dying waiting lol
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I cant wait to get mine. I'm dying waiting lol
    I am with this guy, dying waiting for mine too. The batteries I bought are just resting on my bench.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeede View Post
    I am with this guy, dying waiting for mine too. The batteries I bought are just resting on my bench.
    What battery set up are you going with?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbydave View Post
    What battery set up are you going with?
    I bought some Gens Ace 5000mah 3s. I have a couple already I use in other vehicles. They have been pretty good over the year I have used them. They run about $50 each if you shop around.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

My LHS's shop demo came in today!!

It's so, so much better in person! It's a tad smaller than I expected, but it's still pretty huge. The tires are pretty stiff rubber which surprises me, but the truck is extremly imressive. The suspension is one of the smoothest I've ever felt.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    My LHS's shop demo came in today!!

It's so, so much better in person! It's a tad smaller than I expected, but it's still pretty huge. The tires are pretty stiff rubber which surprises me, but the truck is extremly imressive. The suspension is one of the smoothest I've ever felt.
    Someone got one early.

just kidding...

or am I?
    Last edited by SHIFTT IX MR; 03-14-2018 at 04:30 PM.

RC poster
    Yep- my local Remote Control Hobbies got one yesterday also. Great looking truck - STOUT. I agree the tires are stiffer than the slash, but that will be good with the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Someone got one early.

just kidding...

or am I?
    I wish! This one is strictly the display truck until the first ones hit the shelves.

RC poster
    Ugh, killing me. Been waiting anxiously for this release since the first notices dropped....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I wish! This one is strictly the display truck until the first ones hit the shelves.
    I was referring to me. This thing is huge. BTW: it doesn't look like you will be able to add larger (or at least longer) motors, because the motor bell housing on (back portion) will just dig into the ground. Already checked a 1717 does not fit. Neither does an Xmaxx motor. I don't know how i am gonna stuff a bigger motor in this.

RC poster
    Interesting that my LHS prices keep fluctuating... $799, then $750, now $779. Ugh.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnusFast View Post
    Interesting that my LHS prices keep fluctuating... $799, then $750, now $779. Ugh.
    originally the map price for the udr was 749 traxxas changed that in the last week to 779

RC Racer
    Put money down on the fox version. It's smaller then I thought it would be but I think the super rey is too big and heavy and the udr is so scale. The tires do feel hard but I think they will be fine since the truck is heavier then average sct. The suspension feels amazing, from a 2 foot drop it looked perfect. Should get a chance to try it out this weekend for a video the shop is going to post.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slash2018 View Post
    Put money down on the fox version. It's smaller then I thought it would be but I think the super rey is too big and heavy and the udr is so scale. The tires do feel hard but I think they will be fine since the truck is heavier then average sct. The suspension feels amazing, from a 2 foot drop it looked perfect. Should get a chance to try it out this weekend for a video the shop is going to post.
    SAME HERE. I got to play with a Rigid version at the local Hobbytown, and it's gorgeous. Smaller than I'd initially thought, but the fit and finish are amazing. One of the most refined models I've played with. The suspension travel is amazing, and the shocks are smooth and plush. The body shell is also fitted well enough that it felt better than normal Lexan. Solid.

Plunked down the money immediately for a Fox.

RC Racer
    Pre ordered the display unit my lhs had come in today. 3-4weeks and itíll be mine
    Super plush suspension, everything feels super heavy duty and solid. I grabbed each wheel and tried to see if thereís play in the axles or a arms, and thereís none. Stout truck. I like the orange fox version the best. Looks wicked with that snow multicam on the white and urban multicam on the black. I was told $699.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    You got a deal at $700, does anyone know the specs on the servo. Can’t wait to see what metal concepts is going to do for this truck

RC Enthusiast
    You got a deal at $700, does anyone know the specs on the servo. Can’t wait to see what metal concepts is going to do for this truck
    it is a standard size servo and the specs are torque 125.00 oz-in and the speed is 0.17

RC Qualifier
    Any pics alongside a Slash?
    I have a Slash at the mo and I'd love to see a size comparison.....

RC Racer
    I am really surprised that nobody thinks that servo is too weak for this scale?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    I am really surprised that nobody thinks that servo is too weak for this scale?

i ran our demo truck on our indoor carpet track. the servo isn't as bad as i thought it would be

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAWN213 View Post
    i ran our demo truck on our indoor carpet track. the servo isn't as bad as i thought it would be
    I am sure itís ok on the track but will it be enough strong for grass?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    I am sure it’s ok on the track but will it be enough strong for grass?

i think it should be

RC Racer
    That servo is pretty weak and slow but what stock servo isn’t, I understand trying to keep the price down but what’s another few dollars to put something little stronger in. I plan on replacing it with a savox

RC Racer
    Donít forget that without a rear diff. this truck is supposed to be steered with throttle. Itís not made for quick and responsive steering up front as that will make it twitchy.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAWN213 View Post
    i think it should be
    I hope so because it is weak for much smaller 1/10 scale.
    I love this car and it deserves much stronger servo.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Donít forget that without a rear diff. this truck is supposed to be steered with throttle. Itís not made for quick and responsive steering up front as that will make it twitchy.

Ok, I will accept that( because I love this car )

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post

That can easily be remedied by adjusting the steering sensitivity.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

amain posted this yesterday, skip to 8:55 for running video. nice slow mo shots.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    I’m pretty sure it has a rear diff, I have a solid axle truck and while you do steer by sliding the rear end a faster and stronger servo will be needed. Especially when driven on a track

RC Racer
    man, there are sooo many unboxing videos now, a few running videos, and even a carpet track video

RC Racer
    Iím pretty sure it has a rear diff, I have a solid axle truck and while you do steer by sliding the rear end a faster and stronger servo will be needed. Especially when driven on a track
    Nope, no rear diff. It has a spool. Hence the tendency for it to fishtail a bunch. Do a sharp turn and the rear just slides.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast