RC poster

Stability Management working with other radios on X Maxx 8S?

Hello everyone! I discovered the 8S and it's intriguing me a lot! But I prefer the feeling of a stick radio instead the "gun" type. There is a chance to control X Maxx from different radio transmitter without loose the stability function?

TSM is in the receiver. Remove the receiver and remove TSM. Traxxas receivers work with Traxxas transmitters.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks. I planning to remove all electronics from traxxas radio and put everithing in a stick radio. Brutal but definitive. Just need to adapt two potentiometers and place some buttons with right holes. Yes, I really hate gun trasmitter...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyFool View Post
    Hello everyone! I discovered the 8S and it's intriguing me a lot! But I prefer the feeling of a stick radio instead the "gun" type. There is a chance to control X Maxx from different radio transmitter without loose the stability function?
    My buddies and I much prefer without TSM, you just gotta drive the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    TSM is in the receiver. Remove the receiver and remove TSM. Traxxas receivers work with Traxxas transmitters.
    Yes, but needs knob assigned to the TSM function, I always dial mine down to zero or remove the rx.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    My buddies and I much prefer without TSM, you just gotta drive the vehicle.
    Maybe I don't need TSM, it's work only for corners or also during jumps to hit ground safely?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    It's basically a gyro to help control understeer
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Thanks!
    At the end, nothing I really need. I misunderstand from the official video there's more with stabilization when you do high jumps. Luckly for me is only for cornering. I can replace receiver easily and use my favourite trasmitter.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    its a LOT more then this.
    it will keep the truck going straight if your controller wheel is straight.
    its reactive to yar.
    if the truck hits a bump and pitches sideways TSM will correct it and keep the truck on track.

yes it uses a giro to sense the movement of the truck but the logic used to change steering angle based on yar is quite complex.

here is an example:
    set your steering trim hard left (or right) and turn on tsm to at least 50% on.
    the truck will track straight at speed, no matter how off center your steering trim is set.

try it.

RC Enthusiast
    A lot of people say that it also increases the risk of having issues with the servo as it makes it working a lot more, especially with the stock one.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I think it should run with a multiprotol extension of a stick radio. I fly drone racers and I use this kind of system:
    [81,22 13% OFF]Jumper T12 OpenTX 16CH Radio Transmitter with JP4-in-1 Multi-protocol RF Module for Frsky JR Flysky RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
    https://banggood.app.link/XPVzb9BxBV

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannkee75 View Post
    I think it should run with a multiprotol extension of a stick radio. I fly drone racers and I use this kind of system:
    Jumper T12 OpenTX 16CH Radio Transmitter with JP4-in-1 Multi-protocol RF Module for Frsky JR Flysky
    Seems a good option. Can I block the axes with this radio? With your drone you use all 4 axes, for a car I just need two

RC Enthusiast
    We usually use more than 8 channels but 4 are the minimum to fly and control the quadcopter. You will be able to assign the channels as you need. Depends on the receiver =)

RC poster
    I feel U bro : I can't drive with gun type transmitter !

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ight=futatraxx

I updated to Arduino since tho ; way easier to implement, I even added a lot of functionalities