Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    In your thread you mentioned both Fastlane rc and Kershaw motor mounts and I was wondering which one you ended up with and if you had a price. Not sure if asking is appropriate and you can pm me if you prefer.
    I'm just sourcing things for the future lol.
    Seems pretty harmless. I went with the Kershaw Mount for its shape and size. The FastLaneRC is big and bulky. Unnecessarily so IMO. Plus after speaking with one of their guys on the phone regarding motors etc., I decided I didnít want to give them my business. I think it was 60 bucks, not a bad price, but it had no bearing on the purchase.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Ordered some ceramic high temperature bearings for the input shaft.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So Iím back to gears. Iím on Mod 1 37/46 now. Gonna see how that goes. Also I want to give an update on the Brute body from Proline. It is totally worth the money. Been rolling, sliding, speeding, crashing. Having fun in general. I have some scrapes and sticker damage, but it is so great not to have to worry about breaking this thing.

Think my next thing will be the 10500 mah SMC batteries for it. Thatíll be in the new year though. Iíll post some speeds when I feel comfortable with this gearing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Back to back runs on 37/46. Motor is not at 90, esc is 95. Gears and batteries in the 80ís. Got me a new PB, not by much but I couldnít hold full throttle for a second.

RC Qualifier
    Nice stuff! That is good to know about the body, I may replace mine soon. These big trucks dont seem to be very stable at full speed and certainly are a 25 lbs weapon. Anything in the 50-60mph range is plenty of fun and a handful to keep on all 4 wheels.

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Nice stuff! That is good to know about the body, I may replace mine soon. These big trucks dont seem to be very stable at full speed and certainly are a 25 lbs weapon. Anything in the 50-60mph range is plenty of fun and a handful to keep on all 4 wheels.

-Liberty
    Thanks man. The badlands do very well, but youíre right. Suspension limiters and foams would do you a world of good. I think Iíve found a speed Iím very happy with. Plenty of power and plenty fast.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    GDS 46 tooth hardened steel spur is on the way. Hoping to avoid collateral damage others have endured, due to, not the highest quality stock parts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    GDS spur gear done. First let me say this is not direct fit, you have to grind off 6 tabs on the back side of the Cush drive plastic housing. Easy with a Dremel. The front I had to take a hair off a couple places. Other than that, itís straightforward. The weight and quality of this piece is incredible. Now the pinion and spur width match. Iím a happy camper.

RC Qualifier
    Good deal! I see myself going this way soon. I think quality steel MOD1 gears will hold up fine.

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good deal! I see myself going this way soon. I think quality steel MOD1 gears will hold up fine.

-Liberty
    Yeah. I just donít see why they wouldnít. Iíll never know unless I try.

RC Racer
    Grip, what made you decide on mod1 VS mod1.5?
    ---Greg---

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkamye View Post
    Grip, what made you decide on mod1 VS mod1.5?
    Already had pinions, and Iíve never broken and spur gear. I doubt I will now especially. Also most 1.5 stuff is buy would be quite a bit wider than what Iím running. I donít want to modify the input shaft and I really donít think Iíll need to. So in short this is I donít want to and doubt Iíll ever need to.

RC Racer
    Great reasoning.
    ---Greg---

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    I think it will be awesome, many already using it. My issue is motor cables are cut very short, canít change them so easy for belt drive.. pinion and spur must go same direction, MAX5 donít support reverse I think, I will solve it.. Iím looking forward to hear your view soon )
    You can reverse motor direction with the Max5

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Ok, thx! I didnít thought I could with Max5.. will try later. I enjoy this thread, great info you share..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Your mail bosx is full.

RC Qualifier
    Already had pinions, and I’ve never broken and spur gear. I doubt I will now especially. Also most 1.5 stuff is buy would be quite a bit wider than what I’m running. I don’t want to modify the input shaft and I really don’t think I’ll need to. So in short this is I don’t want to and doubt I’ll ever need to.
    I recently received a mod 1.5 gear. It is insanely heavy! It honestly needs machining excess material away to be good for use on an RC.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your mail bosx is full.
    Fixed. Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I recently received a mod 1.5 gear. It is insanely heavy! It honestly needs machining excess material away to be good for use on an RC.
    Iím thrilled with my decision to move to GDS mod 1. I saw a guy who used 1.5ís and he had to modify things just to get the proper offset mesh. The quality is awesome with the GDS. I now have my reliable monster back.

RC Qualifier
    I’m thrilled with my decision to move to GDS mod 1. I saw a guy who used 1.5’s and he had to modify things just to get the proper offset mesh. The quality is awesome with the GDS. I now have my reliable monster back.
    Have you had any diff or axle issues with the power your running ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Have you had any diff or axle issues with the power your running ?
    No. Not at all. I have slight drive cup wear. But overall I treat my vehicles well. I have done my own self righting,
    Plenty of jumps and wrecks. I installed the billet Center shaft right off the bat, so I canít speak to that. I filled my diffs with 500k diff oil recently. First time Iíd opened them. Everything looked practically new.

RC Qualifier
    No. Not at all. I have slight drive cup wear. But overall I treat my vehicles well. I have done my own self righting,
    Plenty of jumps and wrecks. I installed the billet Center shaft right off the bat, so I can’t speak to that. I filled my diffs with 500k diff oil recently. First time I’d opened them. Everything looked practically new.
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear, thank you. So far we haven't done the self righting and don't plan to, I learned my lesson with 2 diff's in our Emaxx and have no issues walking over to flip it onto it's wheels.
    So you put 500k in front and rear and the center is the stock 20 million or did you change that.

RC Racer
    Well now I’ve gotta build an XMAXX

After almost a year, I dug out the ole 100mph Rustler from our previous builds, and I got the bug again.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcm1978 View Post
    Well now Iíve gotta build an XMAXX

After almost a year, I dug out the ole 100mph Rustler from our previous builds, and I got the bug again.....
    The Rustler is sweet. Mine now sports a piece CF chassis. Iíve been 106 mph with it. But it just sat in 2018. The X-Maxx is just so easy to power up and run. Much more versatility. I donít think youíll regret building one.

RC Racer
    Any updates?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Any updates?
    What would you like to know. Iím back on gears, looking at new SMC 10500ís, Got. Puppy and itís freezing so no runtime lately. Actually put all my batteries on storage charge. Iím planning my next build, which is most likely an FPV Racing quad rotor.

RC Racer
    Cool I will see how the drone build goes

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just ordered a pair of SMC 10500 mah 90C 205 amp batteries. I hope this is worth it. I have high expectations.

RC Qualifier
    How much do those batteries weigh?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    How much do those batteries weigh?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    2oz more than 9200ís. 205 amps as opposed to 186. More than 10% capacity.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I wonder how much more they weigh than my 5200 SMC packs. If u ever get near Pittsburgh I'd love to run some friendly races putting your heavyweight against my lightweight.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I wonder how much more they weigh than my 5200 SMC packs. If u ever get near Pittsburgh I'd love to run some friendly races putting your heavyweight against my lightweight.
    My 7400ís are 23oz. The 10500ís are 32. I love a friendly competition. My truck is fast and powerful, though maybe not as graceful as yours. It may surprise you though. I think itís all about setup for your application. I know I added weight with motor, tires, and batteries. Iíve done pretty well compensating with a few pieces of aluminum to reduce flex(also beautiful). Springs and oil have been chosen to fit my ride. I know your a tuner, Iíd love to get feedback from someone like you after driving my truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Take foam in the rear out. They fit like a glove.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

Rag6 is right about the Knock off TRX connectors. I only chose them because theyíre free. Theyíve been removed and XT-150ís installed. Charging now.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 02-09-2019 at 06:53 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good grief. These batteries are awesome. Had to recalibrate and drop the punch control. So much more power on top of an already stout ride. Truck with batteries is 29.7 lbs. with batteries.

RC Qualifier
    Wow that's crazy lol, I realize you haven't run them yet but any idea how much more run time you'll get with those.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Picture of them in the truck. Thought I posted this last night.
    Of course itís raining again, so no runtimes. RainDawg Iíll let you know. Iím more impressed with the power, I could hit LVC with the 7400ís pretty easy how im geared. So the ECS is a 200 amp continuous, batteries are 205 amps, and the motor is a 200 amp rated continuous draw motor. Iíd say everything should be well matched and play well together.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just ordered the UE Shock shafts. Gonna tear the shocks down to prep for a refresh. Any advice welcome.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast