Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

Got my body and mounts in today. Got some Bedliner. Going gunmetal and silver backing. Then the bedliner. No two tone this time. Just straight color, then decals

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

This charger should do the job. I currently just have the X1. Which is not up to the task of the X-Maxx's requirements. I've got a buddy that the X1 will be an upgrade. So I'll take less of a hit.
    2 4S 7400mah SMC's are on the way. I flipped the battery hold downs based on Rag6's suggestion. We'll see how it goes. Body should be done today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post

This charger should do the job. I currently just have the X1. Which is not up to the task of the X-Maxx's requirements. I've got a buddy that the X1 will be an upgrade. So I'll take less of a hit.
    2 4S 7400mah SMC's are on the way. I flipped the battery hold downs based on Rag6's suggestion. We'll see how it goes. Body should be done today.
    Grip, everything I saw referred to dc power, I suspect on ac power its half of the 200 per ch. Did you get it yet?

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Grip, everything I saw referred to dc power, I suspect on ac power its half of the 200 per ch. Did you get it yet?

It's a DC charger. It requires a D.C. Power supply. It's a beast across the board. It's got an output of 400 watts. I've got a 600 watt PS for it. It just seems like the logical choice for me.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 02-17-2018 at 04:25 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It's a DC charger. It requires a D.C. Power supply. It's a beast across the board. It's got an output of 400 watts. I've got a 600 watt PS for it. It just seems like the logical choice for me.
    Also Junsi icharger 308/406/410 Duo might be an alternative... very powerful, if you use 4S with 2C, dubble AMP charging.. My7-8000mAh need 28/32A, my PS max 25A.. best to think ahead what you want...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Also Junsi icharger 308/406/410 Duo might be an alternative... very powerful, if you use 4S with 2C, dubble AMP charging.. My7-8000mAh need 28/32A, my PS max 25A.. best to think ahead what you want...
    The PS I got coming is 12VDC 50amp=600 watts. I'm hoping it'll do well, and the numbers aren't inflated.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well I never ordered the body support 7713. This marks the third mistake I made being a scratch build. Body looks good, but I can't finish it till I get the support. Live and learn.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Temporary of course. Gonna start test fitting the esc

RC poster
    Looks great!

Now that's what I call sweet, indeed. I really do like the gunmetal black. My favorite color for any truck. Goes well with the green Grip. I am a bit more impressed with each pic! Good to see your build getting close to the finale.......
    Choose Life !!!

Ty for clarification, it will prob be my next charger then. Looking good! Hate it when I miss parts. Especially really obvious ones .

I have the bigger brother to that charger, x2-700. Awesome charger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Plate should be here Monday. Got a couple standoffs. Cut the plate to fit. Attach esc, attach plate. I'm gonna use a corner so I'll have 2 good sides to start with, cut it a little long so I've got room to clean it up.
    I can't believe I just dremeled my brand new chassis

I hate it when that happens. But Hey! If it was for a good cause and you can't see it. No Harm no foul!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    I hate it when that happens. But Hey! If it was for a good cause and you can't see it. No Harm no foul!
    Yeah. I hear you. I cleaned it up so it would look better anyways

Like it's supposed to be there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Wheels and tires showed up today
    Took one for size comparison on a standard 2.8MT Trencher

Is still impressed with the size of this monster.

RC Competitor
    Looking good

WOW is all I have to say!!!!!!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

The receiver box I forgot yesterday. Gonna get one hopefully today. Connectors will be here by the end of the week. I've got yeah Racing fans coming for the castle shroud. Won't install that till the fans get here from China.
    I used plexiglass I had for the plate. I had it from another project and my carbon fiber plate was shipped incorrectly. The large notch will be covered by the receiver box WP Rustler box. I got my layout idea from TripleSix.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 02-21-2018 at 09:05 AM.

RC Competitor
    Coming together nicely. I hate waiting for things to show up piece by piece. Every time you start building you’re missing something. Then when the part shows up, gotta take it halfway back apart to install. Then waiting on something else.

Leopard 5898 1100kv motor, Kershaw motor mount and 22 and 29 tooth pinions ordered today from Nova RC(new Kershaw). The new owners name is Quinn, nice guy. He sent me a PayPal request directly after we spoke. Assuming shipping goes well, it will have been a very positive experience.
    I take it this is what you went with. That is a pretty clean looking install so far. You are almost there my friend. Great to see a build come to the end I think. I love building and adding new things. I think I could work on them as a full time job. lol Maybe my after retirement job....
    Last edited by lektro; 02-22-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    Looks good! I used a metal plate, wish I had carbon fiber instead.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    de oppresso liber

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

Quote Originally Posted by ODA7224 View Post
    Looks good! I used a metal plate, wish I had carbon fiber instead.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    I actually used plexiglass since the fleabay dummies sent me the wrong item. I'll make the CF plate soon enough, but I'm in no hurry. 1/8 plexiglass, and you can't see it anyways. The 5898 motor is too long for the stock RX so it had to go. WP Rustler box is in between the motor and ESC.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I used another ride to bind the Rx(thanks TripleSix). Got the XT150's on the batteries. Got the RX situated. Fan shroud modified and installed. Gears meshed. 29/54. All I have left is the series wire harness and esc XT150's. I didn't get them all in yet, no one has them local.
    I'm rather happy and proud of this monster. I've turned every screw.

RC poster

I used another ride to bind the Rx(thanks TripleSix). Got the XT150's on the batteries. Got the RX situated. Fan shroud modified and installed. Gears meshed. 29/54. All I have left is the series wire harness and esc XT150's. I didn't get them all in yet, no one has them local.
    I'm rather happy and proud of this monster. I've turned every screw.
    As you should be .Great build thread .A pic of your smiling face will complete it

RC Competitor
    Awesome build. Everything is neat and tidy like it should be. A little bit of thought and planning goes a long way. Well done!

I must say Grip. It all looks like it is supposed to be there. Where have I heard that statement before? Well Done! Looking forward to some pics or vids of it running to get a better perspective of just how big it is. Dang I just noticed your ESC is about 1/64 of an inch out of square. You gotta fix that....Take a pic from a different angle will more than likely take care of it........
    Last edited by lektro; 02-24-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    I must say Grip. It all looks like it is supposed to be there. Where have I heard that statement before? Well Done! Looking forward to some pics or vids of it running to get a better perspective of just how big it is. Dang I just noticed your ESC is about 1/64 of an inch out of square. You gotta fix that....Take a pic from a different angle will more than likely take care of it........
    I see what you did there. It's straight. This is the test plate. The CF plate will arrive and it will be meticulously done at a later date. I will have videos when I get my connectors for the series connector and esc.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My power supply and charger, along with a clean work space. I added banana plugs to the power input so I can swap from power supply to car battery easily.

Nice work my friend. The esc plate & fit look good, like it came from factory like that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Nice work my friend. The esc plate & fit look good, like it came from factory like that.

Thanks. That's what I was going for. Didn't want the top mount. Sure would have been easier.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's alive. But I don't have connectors for charging. Pics and video to follow tommorow

Sweet! I see four screws you have not turned yet. Can you?
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There are several shoulder screws that none of the kits come with. They've been turned by my hands but remain stock.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So minus some body washers coming from Poland, and a HR aluminum servo horn. Iím done for now.
    Iím so pleased with this truck. Iíve only run it on storage charge, but my 7400 SMCís are all charged up now. Anyone considering the X2 Ultima, do it itís a beast.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    https://youtu.be/sYlj3FLm9TI
    Heres my first little video, just learning how she does. I'm impressed so far

RC Racer
    Very nice gripdog7205 I take you and neighbor's get along. lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post
    Very nice gripdog7205 I take you and neighbor's get along. lol
    Yeah. We hang out all the time, meet in the middle, grill, drink, have fun. Heís not a technical guy, his wife(cute), is always telling him to be able to do stuff like me. Itís funny. Heís a good guy.

RC Racer
    Now now let's get back to the op.lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Breaking her in

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast