Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    what are your thoughts on finally getting to test her out?
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    what are your thoughts on finally getting to test her out?
    Itís powerful, fun, and fast. Super easy to drive. The motor never thinks about getting to 100 deg f. Geared 29/54. I canít decide wether to go up or down Iím gearing. Gonna gps it soon. I can cover multiple soccer fields very quickly. But may be a bit tall for small bashing.

Ah c’mon Gripster.

So, it looks like the truck wasn’t moving when it got mudded up? LOL
    Last edited by rtmike; 03-03-2018 at 07:29 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice. It was turning end over end for the first time. Always nice to get out of the way. It was a mess to clean up

RC Qualifier
    I always hate that the clean up is the worst part especially when it's mud.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The mud was so unintentional, but it did look good dirty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So I broke the rear bumper mount. Kind of surprised how easy it broke. Something mustíve hit one of the mounts. Iím just missing about a 1.5 inch round section. Got 2 on order.

RC poster
    Looking good so far!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by snkbyt3d View Post
    Looking good so far!
    Thanks.
    Just installed the 46tooth spur. Got a chance to check out the Cush drive. Got everything meshed together. Had an accident before the install, and I lost a pin retainer. Of course no one has them local. So Iíll have extra rear bumper supports, pin retainers. I also bought an a arm, bulkhead, wheelie bar, and tons of paint as my local Hobbytown is going out of business.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got my retainer and bumper mount. Now to pop the gps on and see what 29/46 can do.

RC Competitor
    Anxiously waiting to hear results

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleSix View Post
    Anxiously waiting to hear results

This 5898 has so much potential. At 29/46 itíll pick up the front tires doing around 30 or so. I couldnít go full speed because I was in my neighborhood and thereís too many obstacles. The tires do great but with the cushy suspension it gets a little sqirelley at those speeds. Iím really loving this setup. So much power and speed. This may be the sweet spot.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Green beadlock rings and an HR dust shroud.
    Thatís a lot of screws for those rings. I got a quick connect for my dewault drive. Thank goodness.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Murat RC body washers from Poland. Theyíre perfect. Thanks for the heads up VIX

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post

Murat RC body washers from Poland. Theyíre perfect. Thanks for the heads up VIX
    Thx) very nice car you built! Ps, i noticed not to screw the washers hard, probably last longer.. i got 2 extra under the roll bars, broke there too without washers.
    Last edited by VIX; 03-20-2018 at 05:04 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Thx) very nice car you built! Ps, i noticed not to screw the washers hard, probably last longer.. i got 2 extra under the roll bars, broke there too without washers.
    Thanks. I appreciate it. I did back them out once I realized I smashed the a bit. They seem like the perfect consistency

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Found a use for the green aluminum body washers. They didnít do well by themselves, but on the others they look nice. Got green shock socks coming from Murat RC. They look like the closest color match to traxxas. Got headlights and taillights coming as well(not from Murat). I went with these

Because I like them and the run on rx or 9v. Iíll run 9V to avoid RX clutter.

RC poster

Found a use for the green aluminum body washers. They didn’t do well by themselves, but on the others they look nice. Got green shock socks coming from Murat RC. They look like the closest color match to traxxas. Got headlights and taillights coming as well(not from Murat). I went with these

Because I like them and the run on rx or 9v. I’ll run 9V to avoid RX clutter.
    I'm waiting on a lightbar that is for the grill on mine, but I got a similar light kit with 16 bulbs and I'm running it off a 1200mah traxxax battery

Missing the lightbar in the pictures, but I'm still waiting on that.
    Last edited by snkbyt3d; 03-27-2018 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Fixing photo links

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm waiting on a lightbar that is for the grill on mine, but I got a similar light kit with 16 bulbs and I'm running it off a 1200mah traxxax battery

Missing the lightbar in the pictures, but I'm still waiting on that.
    Looks good. Iím getting the kit thatís made to mount to the body. My brother in law does motorcycle paint etc, so thatíll be the non basher body, with lights.
    Did you use caulk or hot glue?

RC poster
    Looks good. I’m getting the kit that’s made to mount to the body. My brother in law does motorcycle paint etc, so that’ll be the non basher body, with lights.
    Did you use caulk or hot glue?

I used waterproof silicone caulk, figured the LED strips weren't waterproof and the LEDs would benefit from added protection. This also helps keep everything flexible without cracking, causing LEDs to pop out. So far I've done some pretty good running without issues (blew a tire yesterday though, too much speed lol)

I can't wait to see your finished truck man! So far I'm just tinkering with lights, and also I'm waiting on a heat sink motor mount to help keep everything secure, already have the body washers in and blue threadlocker. Just trying to help keep everything good and solid.

Also, I love the idea with the body (cover) washers, mine has already stripped out of all the screws once LOL I'll have to fix that on the next go round. (currently resecured with zipties )

Watch the language and edit your post should it trip the language filter.
    Last edited by Double G; 03-28-2018 at 07:21 AM. Reason: language

RC poster
    Watch the language and edit your post should it trip the language filter.
    Didn't realise laughing my butt off was bad language... guess I'm an old cranky sailor. lol
    I'll have my wife proofread my posts, so it doesn't happen again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got another body, shock socks from Murat RC on the way. Got all the mounting hardware, and another tailgate protector. Also picked up a RPM front bumper mount. So this body will go to my brother inlaw to paint. Heís does motorcycles professionally. Gonna be three colors to compliment the green accents. I still have the YR motor fans to install.... some day. Motor has never got close to hot running 29/46. Thinking Iíll get taller gearing soon. Picked up a lipo lunchbox.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Decided to put the lights on the basher body. Itíll see more run time.

RC poster
    Decided to put the lights on the basher body. Itíll see more run time.
    Looks good man! Only reason I didn't put mine on the body was for when the body pops off lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks good man! Only reason I didn't put mine on the body was for when the body pops off lol.
    I get it. Havenít crashed with them on yet. Thanks man.

Grip, those lights look really sweet!
    Nice work
    9.7mph 3s TRX-4 Land Rover

RC Competitor

Green beadlock rings and an HR dust shroud.
    Thatís a lot of screws for those rings. I got a quick connect for my dewault drive. Thank goodness.
    Love the truck. Beautiful in its simple color and sticker scheme

Love that you left the windows clear

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtcobra View Post
    Love the truck. Beautiful in its simple color and sticker scheme

Love that you left the windows clear
    Thank you. I really had fun making this how I wanted to. The new body wonít be mono toned, but in no way over the top. The real treat is driving this monster.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just finished jumping the XMaxx. It sure is tough. Lost a few body washers and did some minor damage. The front lower mount pulled out. No more screws. I was back running in two minutes. Lost the body a couple times. It just begged for more. Also took it to a huge park today. Full throttle as long as you wish. First time I hit LVC. The batteries both took more than 7400 mahís. Good job SMC.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just ordered a 37 tooth mod 1 pinion. Iíll go back to 54 on the spur to start. This 1100kv leopard is a beast. See if I can generate some heat out of it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Now running 37/54 and itís a beast. This 1100kv leopard is serious. Also installed my Yeah Racing fans in the castle shroud. Lots more flow and I have them pulling air from the motor not pushing down to it.

RC Qualifier
    Now running 37/54 and it’s a beast. This 1100kv leopard is serious. Also installed my Yeah Racing fans in the castle shroud. Lots more flow and I have them pulling air from the motor not pushing down to it.
    Always great to read your reviews... I'm curious why reversed fans would preform better vs what Castle decided was best.. Have you seen any difference in temps before installing YR, using reversed flow? Is YR 8,4V? stock 2028 fans are to weak for big motors.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of run times are you getting with that setup?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Always great to read your reviews... I'm curious why reversed fans would preform better vs what Castle decided was best.. Have you seen any difference in temps before installing YR, using reversed flow? Is YR 8,4V? stock 2028 fans are to weak for big motors.
    I swapped the fans because I want to
    Pull the air away from the motor. Having the shroud on it keeps more heat anyway you like ok at it. The motor has the heatsink rings that radiate heat outward, im try to facilitate the heat away from the motor, not blow it back down on it. We shall see. Other than a test power on for a minute or so i donít know about temps.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    What kind of run times are you getting with that setup?
    Depending on what Iím doing, 20-30 minutes. If itís just all out, a little less. Iím anxious for the 10500mah SMCís

RC Qualifier
    I swapped the fans because I want to
    Pull the air away from the motor. Having the shroud on it keeps more heat anyway you like ok at it. The motor has the heatsink rings that radiate heat outward, im try to facilitate the heat away from the motor, not blow it back down on it. We shall see. Other than a test power on for a minute or so i don’t know about temps.
    Ok, will be interesting to follow... My idea was to cut off 2028 sides and install 4x 25mm fans on the sides to blow air on the motor and use top 2 fans to blow air away like you, or use 6x 30mm fans on the top brace...if temps are to high, we shall see )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok, will be interesting to follow... My idea was to cut off 2028 sides and install 4x 25mm fans on the sides to blow air on the motor and use top 2 fans to blow air away like you, or use 6x 30mm fans on the top brace...if temps are to high, we shall see )
    These YR fans move a lot more air. Think theyíre rated up to 7.2vdc. Weíll see if they last. Next will be 2 40mm Wild Turbo Fans if and when these fail. I noticed the voltage when installing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Found a few broken blades. I ordered 2 at a time.

RC Qualifier
    From rocks or did it shift inside of the truck and hit something?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    From rocks or did it shift inside of the truck and hit something?
    Iíve hit a shopping cart fast and had so me hard jump landings. So thereís no telling

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast