Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Murat RC green shock socks installed. All shocks cleaned and checked out as well

RC Racer
    Looks like Miller time!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacHP View Post
    Looks like Miller time!!
    It was after 5. Itís all I had left over from a weekend picnic.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So Iíve got a couple 40mm YR fans on the way. Gonna scrap the castle shroud. Any ideas. Regular Guy has a good setup. Iíve got Carbon Fiber and plexiglass on hand. As well as a little aluminum. Ideas welcome. It needs to be mounted with screws, Iím guessing to the rails. No zip ties.

How about using cable wire clamps like these? Looks liked theyd wrap around the rails nicely and can easily be removed. Can use the screw to also lock in the plate you end up mounting the fans to.

https://buycableties.com/products/1-...BoCYfYQAvD_BwE
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    How about using cable wire clamps like these? Looks liked theyd wrap around the rails nicely and can easily be removed. Can use the screw to also lock in the plate you end up mounting the fans to.

https://buycableties.com/products/1-...BoCYfYQAvD_BwE
    Not a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion

Haven't been here in a while. Your Maxx is looking sweet Grip. I can see where pulling the hot air out should work pretty good. Having a shroud to me would seem to trap air inside. I just put a shroud fan on the rusty and was thinking the same as you. Maybe. All that hot air just moving around in the shroud. I would love to know how that works out. May have to put the Wild turbo back on!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím gonna have to incorporate threaded standoffs in my plan. 37/54 puts the motor above the rails. So mounting hooks similar to what NYBandit suggested. Standoffs, and a flat CF plate with the two fans mounted to it, probably on top so the plate can sit lower.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    It was after 5. Itís all I had left over from a weekend picnic.
    Time to go to the liquor store then!

As soon as anyone can, please help me here:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...xx-to-electric
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Got the RPM front bumper mount, and the tri-tone paint scheme. My brother just law did a good job, not perfect but it looks good.

RC Racer
    looks good to me ---protect those bumpers themselves,they are on backorder everywhere,been trying to get spare frt and rear ones for a month now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by js1badsti View Post
    looks good to me ---protect those bumpers themselves,they are on backorder everywhere,been trying to get spare frt and rear ones for a month now.
    Thanks. Iíve got spare mounts for front and rear.

RC Racer
    the mounts I have but when the screws pull thru the bumper you need to replace it and no one has them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by js1badsti View Post
    the mounts I have but when the screws pull thru the bumper you need to replace it and no one has them.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312149091313
    This may help

RC Qualifier
    Got the RPM front bumper mount, and the tri-tone paint scheme. My brother just law did a good job, not perfect but it looks good.
    The RPM front and rear mounts are the best. I took a hard hit in my last video and there were no problems. The stock one would have been messed up.

Wasn't your truck all one color? Did you remove the paint from the inside and repaint it the other color?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    The RPM front and rear mounts are the best. I took a hard hit in my last video and there were no problems. The stock one would have been messed up.

Wasn't your truck all one color? Did you remove the paint from the inside and repaint it the other color?
    This is another one. The base color on this one is gray not gunmetal. Those two colors are very similar. I have another clear body as well, but I donít have a 3rd set of mounts. Not sure what Iíll do with it yet.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    https://youtu.be/tJyFgsUYIL0

So I had bought offsets and nylon barrels. Either the battery hold downs or motor were in the way. I settled for well installed black zip ties. The plate is 2.5mm carbon fiber and the fans are 40mm YR.

RC Competitor
    looks sweet bro

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

New stub axle and 23mm green hubs on all 4 corners.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kz121 View Post
    looks sweet bro
    Thank you. More words for post length

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Finally got around to painting my new body. Iíd sold the stickers, so I did the best with what I had.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Figured Iíd update my original thread. Battery hold downs gone. Brute body on and decaled.

RC Qualifier
    I'm new to looking in the X-Maxx section of the forum now since getting an X-Maxx.
    Great build! I'll be honest I need to copy some of your ideas...(fans, esc mounting, motor mount washers)
    Still getting this thing dialed in. Keep up the good work, you have a great looking truck!

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    I'm new to looking in the X-Maxx section of the forum now since getting an X-Maxx.
    Great build! I'll be honest I need to copy some of your ideas...(fans, esc mounting, motor mount washers)
    Still getting this thing dialed in. Keep up the good work, you have a great looking truck!

-Liberty
    Thanks man. Itís been fun.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So running on the pavement today. Noticed some lean and flex where it doesnít need to be. Gonna be installing aluminum toe links, steering rack and at least upper arms.

RC Qualifier
    So running on the pavement today. Noticed some lean and flex where it doesn’t need to be. Gonna be installing aluminum toe links, steering rack and at least upper arms.
    I would recommend Integy suspension upgrade kit plus steering arms, feels solid, no flex and the lower arms are amazing! sure they cost much but after installing all, no regrets )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    I would recommend Integy suspension upgrade kit plus steering arms, feels solid, no flex and the lower arms are amazing! sure they cost much but after installing all, no regrets )
    I appreciate the feedback. I just have no faith in their company and have heard too many awful stories. I also think Iíd like to keep the lower arms stock as I treat my truck fairy rough.

RC Qualifier
    I appreciate the feedback. I just have no faith in their company and have heard too many awful stories. I also think I’d like to keep the lower arms stock as I treat my truck fairy rough.
    Well, best to try your self and make own opinion. I recommend you to watch ALL DAY RC Xmaxx videos, he build very cool trucks and bash them hard with Integy suspension kit, also recommend them (not reseller). Im very impressed of quality and finish, Premium! Ps Silver is easy to polish and repair, also the lower arms design transform the truck to awesome ) Your choice... RPM neon green would be my second choice, match your setup perfect. I might order them to use for bashing later ))

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just noticed one of the suspension retainers on the rear is gone. Of course it was HR aluminum. Since theyíre sold in 4ís Iíll now have 3 spares.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

This is with shock socks. I donít like how they look. So theyíre gone.
    Also got dry lube for my squeaks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Order for today. Should take some slop out of the steering, and look good in the process.

RC Qualifier
    How do you like the fans? I have seen these installed before, but never seen any comparisons with other fans.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    How do you like the fans? I have seen these installed before, but never seen any comparisons with other fans.
    Well I had 30x30ís in the castle shroud. Swapped to my homemade plate and 40x40ís. Theyíre great. One did go out after a couple hours of run time. They put out sooo much more air than Castle fans. 2 of them are about 15 bills. Iíll keep buying them. I think a bad wreck tweaked one of the housings and it burn up. Pay to play kind of thing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Upper A arms and steering rods installed. Waiting on my steering rack and brace, as well as a couple extra 40x40 YR fans. Iím thrilled with the slop this has taken out. Even without driving it you can feel the difference. The Maxx is torn down now awaiting my belt drive pulleys.

I really enjoy working on and driving the X-Maxx.

RC Qualifier
    Upper A arms and steering rods installed. Waiting on my steering rack and brace, as well as a couple extra 40x40 YR fans. I’m thrilled with the slop this has taken out. Even without driving it you can feel the difference. The Maxx is torn down now awaiting my belt drive pulleys.

I really enjoy working on and driving the X-Maxx.
    Very nice setup! I agree, different feeling looking forward for review, also with new belt drive...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    First attempt failed. Either the belt is too short or the spur pulley too large. Iíve ordered longer belts, smaller spur pulleys, and one larger pinion for future.

RC Qualifier
    First attempt failed. Either the belt is too short or the spur pulley too large. Iíve ordered longer belts, smaller spur pulleys, and one larger pinion for future.
    Looking forward to hearing what works and the sizes. My eBay purchase of a belt kit came in from China finally, but was missing one of the gears

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks I get to be the test dummy. I can say the bore and fitment is top notch. Iíll have longer belts before next weekend. Iíll use GPS when testing.

RC Qualifier
    Looks I get to be the test dummy. I can say the bore and fitment is top notch. I’ll have longer belts before next weekend. I’ll use GPS when testing.
    I think it will be awesome, many already using it. My issue is motor cables are cut very short, can’t change them so easy for belt drive.. pinion and spur must go same direction, MAX5 don’t support reverse I think, I will solve it.. I’m looking forward to hear your view soon )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So these are the 30 pinion, 48 spur. Just waiting on a longer belt. FYI 201 is too short. Iíll report back.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast