Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 201 to 240 of 316
  1. #201
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    So these are the 30 pinion, 48 spur. Just waiting on a longer belt. FYI 201 is too short. Iíll report back.

    Sorry forgot the picture

  2. #202
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    948
    How deep are the teeth on those gears? Do they come in different depths?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

  3. #203
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    The lighter color gives the impression theyíre not deep(they are plenty deep, not like bumps as the picture suggests. Iíll link the part so you can check them out. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323539905694

  4. #204
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post

    Sorry forgot the picture
    Is that the kershaw designs motor mount?

    And if you want real speed with your set up I would suggest that you get the B&M racing 1 to 1 gear ratio gears they have a Facebook group to access their products they also sell mod 1 and mod 1.5 gears each plates that lower the esc by a half inch in to the chassis

    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    And if you want real speed with your set up I would suggest that you get the B&M racing 1 to 1 gear ratio gears they have a Facebook group to access their products they also sell mod 1 and mod 1.5 gears each plates that lower the esc by a half inch in to the chassis
    Sorry they sell belt drives and gears etc...
    Last edited by Double G; 11-11-2018 at 12:08 PM. Reason: merge

  5. #205
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Is that the kershaw designs motor mount?

    And if you want real speed with your set up I would suggest that you get the B&M racing 1 to 1 gear ratio gears they have a Facebook group to access their products they also sell mod 1 and mod 1.5 gears each plates that lower the esc by a half inch in to the chassis


    Sorry they sell belt drives and gears etc...
    Yes it is that mount.
    I thought about mod 1.5. Im swapping my 37/54 for this. I have 39/46. Im doing this for fun. 1:1 is not smart for my style of driving. Also I have a Max5 that I custom made a plate for. I canít drop
    It down because of the steering linkage and servo. I also donít do Facebook. It would be cool if I could only do groups like that. Because the invasive nature of it drives me nuts.

  6. #206
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Yes it is that mount.
    I thought about mod 1.5. Im swapping my 37/54 for this. I have 39/46. Im doing this for fun. 1:1 is not smart for my style of driving. Also I have a Max5 that I custom made a plate for. I can’t drop
    It down because of the steering linkage and servo. I also don’t do Facebook. It would be cool if I could only do groups like that. Because the invasive nature of it drives me nuts.
    I think it gets dropped on to the receiver box and you move the receiver to where the stock esc would go so the top half of the receiver box is completely gone

  7. #207
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Yes it is that mount.
    I thought about mod 1.5. Im swapping my 37/54 for this. I have 39/46. Im doing this for fun. 1:1 is not smart for my style of driving. Also I have a Max5 that I custom made a plate for. I canít drop
    It down because of the steering linkage and servo. I also donít do Facebook. It would be cool if I could only do groups like that. Because the invasive nature of it drives me nuts.
    How do you like that kershaw mount then is it adjustable enough for that motor?

  8. #208
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    I think it gets dropped on to the receiver box and you move the receiver to where the stock esc would go so the top half of the receiver box is completely gone
    If you read my Thread l, my receiver box is gone. Iíve built this from scratch. First thing to go was the receiver box. I dremeled a brand new chassis.
    The mount has been great. Iíve been able to run any gearing I choose, with plenty of room both directions. With a smaller spur pulley(on the way) Iíll be able to get the motor lower.

  9. #209
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    If you read my Thread l, my receiver box is gone. Iíve built this from scratch. First thing to go was the receiver box. I dremeled a brand new chassis.
    The mount has been great. Iíve been able to run any gearing I choose, with plenty of room both directions. With a smaller spur pulley(on the way) Iíll be able to get the motor lower.
    So where are you putting your receiver

  10. #210
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    So where are you putting your receiver
    Youíll see a waterproof Rustler box in between the motor and esc. Thereís a Futaba 304SB in there. Not trying to be critical, but the questions youíre asking can be answered by reading the entire thread. More to come this week when new belts show. Itís just been sitting waiting for almost a month.

  11. #211
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Sweet! I see four screws you have not turned yet. Can you?
    The esc fan shroud

  12. #212
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    The esc fan shroud
    Iím about to put 80 SS screws in my wheels. Iíll get those other 4 as well.

  13. #213
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’m about to put 80 SS screws in my wheels. I’ll get those other 4 as well.
    Have you seen the 3D printed ones people are making? They replace the fan cover with a design of your choice.

  14. #214
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Does anybody have a good idea on a GPS that would work with a stock motor and A max 6 esc I need at least speed tracking Iím runing a spektrum dx4c

  15. #215
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Does anybody have a good idea on a GPS that would work with a stock motor and A max 6 esc I need at least speed tracking Iím runing a spektrum dx4c
    I use a Garmin

  16. #216
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Just got a couple of bottles of 500k diff fluid. Rebuild may happen while is inoperable

  17. #217
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I use a Garmin
    What model? Forerunner 101?

  18. #218
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    What model? Forerunner 101?
    Yes, but I need to upgrade, reason being the 201 has a rechargeable battery that doesnít lose connection in the event of bumpy terrain or a wreck. You can sell the 101 and go to 201 for the same money if you look

  19. #219
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Yes, but I need to upgrade, reason being the 201 has a rechargeable battery that doesn’t lose connection in the event of bumpy terrain or a wreck. You can sell the 101 and go to 201 for the same money if you look
    Can you recommend anything a little cheaper because I don’t want to wreak hard and break and 225 dollar piece of equipment

  20. #220
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    948
    Buy one on ebay or craigslist. You should pay $60 max for a used one. I use a 101 and a 201. Both were bought used.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

  21. #221
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Buy one on ebay or craigslist. You should pay $60 max for a used one. I use a 101 and a 201. Both were bought used.
    Yep. Iíve gotten both of mine off of eBay. Between 50 and 60 bills.

  22. #222
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Cool I’ll look there now

  23. #223
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Cool I’ll look there now
    I use the Garmin forerunner 201. It is sort of the gold standard in Speed run "proof".

    With that said their newer generation GPS models have some better features. For example the Garmin Edge series (seems to be made for cycling). With these newer models you can use the USB and extract the GPS data as well as many other data types it supports for cycling use.

    I ran my GoPro Hero5 Black today on a car with GPS and on the video it displays speed which is pretty cool. It's GPS runs at a much higher frequency and is 10x more accurate than typical GPS devices. I am very impressed with it.

    -Liberty

  24. #224
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283

  25. #225
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    New aluminum steering rack and brace will be at my house tomorrow. The pieces match and look well made. I will review the fit and finish when installed.

  26. #226
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283

    Grips Maxx Build




    These pieces are from GDS Racing. Fit and finish are very nice and match my HR upper arms very well. Itís dark now, so no running comments. All bearings snapped into the aluminum perfectly. Servo horn is plastic so that should be my weak point in a crash. Install was a piece of cake. Didnít even remove the chassis brace. Next on my list are SS screws for the Impulse beadlocks.

  27. #227
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    365
    My experience from the all aluminum steering racks I've used is they bind up after a few runs. Im not saying this one will but if it does try using the bottom half of the old plastic one on the bottom so it's aluminum on plastic.
    Just FYI

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Who needs brakes!!!!

  28. #228
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by oakvad View Post
    My experience from the all aluminum steering racks I've used is they bind up after a few runs. Im not saying this one will but if it does try using the bottom half of the old plastic one on the bottom so it's aluminum on plastic.
    Just FYI

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Thanks man. I havenít had an issue on the Rustler or Stampede. Iíll keep my eye out, maybe some dry lube couldnít hurt. There are bearings on all the moving parts as well.
    Thanks for the heads up though.

  29. #229
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Everything is tight. Much better steering and less lean. No more speed wobbles. I will say when the smaller spur pulley comes itíll go on. Iíll have several to choose from. The gearing is slightly lower than my gearing at 37/54

  30. #230
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283


    Excuse the mess. Got beckoned for thanksgiving tasks. I like how the SS screws set things off, plus no more rust.

  31. #231
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Had a guy suggest a 5660 TP to me. He's running a 1920kv. It's nasty. I'll be investing in a BEC and Cap pack I'm sure. Just trying to get a functional vehicle first. Then see what to do next
    You haven't commented about one since this post so I'm assuming you didn't, but I'm curious as to whether you ever put in a cap pack and if so what did you use ?

  32. #232
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    You haven't commented about one since this post so I'm assuming you didn't, but I'm curious as to whether you ever put in a cap pack and if so what did you use ?
    I havenít gotten a cap pack. Since I donít have data logging I canít see if itís really necessary. I will get a KillMode most likely, just because. Iím running a 5898 1100kv Leopard. Itís a 6500 watt motor and pulls right at 200 amps, and thatís what the esc constant current rating is. Itís a very good match. Good to hear from you by the way.

  33. #233
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    849
    Thank you, I've been following yours and VIX's threads from the begining and feel I've learned a lot of do's and don'ts and appreciate everything all of you have shared to make it easier for up and coming Xmaxx owners.
    If everything goes good I'll know by noon tomorrow if my order of the Limited edition (Orange) is a go LOL.
    It's for the Grandson but It'll stay hidden until he turns 7 in April (unless I get the itch while he's at school haha).
    So the reason I was asking about the caps is more for curiosity and I've built quite a few and run them in my M41 and my buddy has one in each of his Spartan, XO-1 and his UDR. He has data logging but we haven't met up to go over the data as of yet.
    I'm running the stock setup and have noticed temp drops but the weather has changed drastically for the last 2 months so the jury is still out.
    Killmode has some amazing data video's and everyone who owns one of his seems happy so I would be interested in your data if you go that route if you don't mind sharing.
    PS. I'll be qizzing you on the belt drive system later lol.

  34. #234
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Thank you, I've been following yours and VIX's threads from the begining and feel I've learned a lot of do's and don'ts and appreciate everything all of you have shared to make it easier for up and coming Xmaxx owners.
    If everything goes good I'll know by noon tomorrow if my order of the Limited edition (Orange) is a go LOL.
    It's for the Grandson but It'll stay hidden until he turns 7 in April (unless I get the itch while he's at school haha).
    So the reason I was asking about the caps is more for curiosity and I've built quite a few and run them in my M41 and my buddy has one in each of his Spartan, XO-1 and his UDR. He has data logging but we haven't met up to go over the data as of yet.
    I'm running the stock setup and have noticed temp drops but the weather has changed drastically for the last 2 months so the jury is still out.
    Killmode has some amazing data video's and everyone who owns one of his seems happy so I would be interested in your data if you go that route if you don't mind sharing.
    PS. I'll be qizzing you on the belt drive system later lol.
    Ive got a Saga Racing cap pack on my Rustler that helped out a great deal. I just need to find where and how to
    Mount one on the X-Maxx

  35. #235
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Ive got a Saga Racing cap pack on my Rustler that helped out a great deal. I just need to find where and how to
    Mount one on the X-Maxx
    So what exactly do the cap packs do? Give the esc more constant amp ratings??

  36. #236
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    So what exactly do the cap packs do? Give the esc more constant amp ratings??
    They reduce voltage sag(ripple voltage), which reduces change in current. Basically they help Your esc produce cleaner power and last longer.

  37. #237
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283

    Got my rear diff filled with 500k oil. Regreased spur and pinion. New diff bearings. Sheís running good. Got a bigger pinion pulley I may try. This a pretty sweet gearing setup for my habits.

  38. #238
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    849
    I'm amazed that you guy's can make a truck this big that was designed for bashing go as fast as you do lol. Congrat's that is awesome.

  39. #239
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,283
    Realized 59.8 was uphill. These are quick numbers, it was getting dark.
    . In the 60ís now. Really need to get out the neighborhood to let it loose.

  40. #240
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    849
    In your thread you mentioned both Fastlane rc and Kershaw motor mounts and I was wondering which one you ended up with and if you had a price. Not sure if asking is appropriate and you can pm me if you prefer.
    I'm just sourcing things for the future lol.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •