Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    ...I want to give an update on the Brute body from Proline. It is totally worth the money. Been rolling, sliding, speeding, crashing. Having fun in general. I have some scrapes and sticker damage, but it is so great not to have to worry about breaking this thing.
    Good to hear, looked at that body at LHS last week, looks nice and white is good color. Can it be outside painted or would that maybe weaken the plastic? I realize paint will eventually get scraped off, but could be touched up occasionally.

Got me a new PB, not by much but I couldn’t hold full throttle for a second.
    PB=Personal Best?

GDS spur gear done. First let me say this is not direct fit, you have to grind off 6 tabs on the back side of the Cush drive plastic housing. Easy with a Dremel. The front I had to take a hair off a couple places. Other than that, it’s straightforward. The weight and quality of this piece is incredible. Now the pinion and spur width match. I’m a happy camper.
    Nice, I've seen those on the net but not in person. Buddies have broken couple Traxxas steel spurs with 8S and yes proper mesh. Once my gearing is settled, I may buy GDS spur too. What pinion are you using with it?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    ... I think quality steel MOD1 gears will hold up fine.
    Agreed.

**Reminder that any reference to the unbreakable body is not allowed here per Traxxas**
    Last edited by Double G; 02-20-2019 at 07:46 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    Good to hear, looked at that body at LHS last week, looks nice and white is good color. Can it be outside painted or would that maybe weaken the plastic? I realize paint will eventually get scraped off, but could be touched up occasionally.

PB=Personal Best?

Nice, I've seen those on the net but not in person. Buddies have broken couple Traxxas steel spurs with 8S and yes proper mesh. Once my gearing is settled, I may buy GDS spur too. What pinion are you using with it?

Agreed.

**Reminder that any reference to the unbreakable body is not allowed here per Traxxas**
    Yes PB is Personal Best. I donít think you could get paint to stick to the body, the idea of a basher body is one to abuse and not look great(IMO). Iíve got 3 others for that. for that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So Iím gonna take this opportunity to express my dissatisfaction with Ultimate Engineering. Not with product quality, but customer service, and shipping prices. I paid 23 bucks for 4 awesome shock shafts, I think. $17.55 to ship them UPS ground, an ounce or two in an envelope. I paid on a Thursday. Didnít get shipped till Monday or Tuesday, and as I sit Thursday, tracking got pushed from today to tomorrow. Time may change my mind but as of now Iím not happy with the experience.

RC Champion
    Thanks for confirmation.

Ya, that's why I bought Traxxas TiN replacement shafts as spares, that and can't get the plastic shock end links separately from Traxxas. Those should be available as separate part.

Last week buddy called and spoke with UE, basically they said that's how it is buy it if you want it, so we bought Traxxas TiN shafts. That wait time to ship is unacceptable especially when they charge $17.55 to mail parts that actually cost like $2 or less at their discounted shipping rate in a small padded envelope. I see UE's located in South Carolina, meh I buy stuff from NJ that usually arrives to me in 2-3 days with standard cheap/free shipping from sellers. Good luck and keep us updated.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    Thanks for confirmation.

Ya, that's why I bought Traxxas TiN replacement shafts as spares, that and can't get the plastic shock end links separately from Traxxas. Those should be available as separate part.

Last week buddy called and spoke with UE, basically they said that's how it is buy it if you want it, so we bought Traxxas TiN shafts. That wait time to ship is unacceptable especially when they charge $17.55 to mail parts that actually cost like $2 or less at their discounted shipping rate in a small padded envelope. I see UE's located in South Carolina, meh I buy stuff from NJ that usually arrives to me in 2-3 days with standard cheap/free shipping from sellers. Good luck and keep us updated.

Since these are stronger than a Traxxas I went with them. I posted about it so I donít want to double up. Those guys are just not customer oriented. Which is crazy given their line of work.

RC Competitor
    gripdog I'm going to be buying gds spur gear for Xmaxx .. wondering if Robinson Racing pinions would be a good match up ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    https://youtu.be/W5YFfVhtmko
    https://youtu.be/R7V-F6D2kco
    So this is some video from yesterday, had some issues jumping coming at myself. Had a great time, broke a battery strap and a tiny piece on one of the motor fans. Ordered 3 more this morning, My aluminum upper arms, links, and steering rack is holding up perfect.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Battery strap repaired. Glad I buy extra stuff.

RC Qualifier
    https://youtu.be/W5YFfVhtmko
    https://youtu.be/R7V-F6D2kco
    So this is some video from yesterday, had some issues jumping coming at myself. Had a great time, broke a battery strap and a tiny piece on one of the motor fans. Ordered 3 more this morning, My aluminum upper arms, links, and steering rack is holding up perfect.
    Man, you seem to have a nice place to run with a big yard and a field out back that's pretty awesome. Millie is growing and getting some exercise, she looks good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Man, you seem to have a nice place to run with a big yard and a field out back that's pretty awesome. Millie is growing and getting some exercise, she looks good.
    Thanks man, I like to think I work hard for what I have. They donít bush hog it but once or twice a year though. I shouldnít complain, I cut a path with my mower to a big creek down the hill.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Goodies installed

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Donít know if I mentioned front and rear bumper mounts are RPM.
    As for the lights, theyíre crazy bright, RX fed, I installed a micro switch to control them, so theyíre not always on.

RC Qualifier
    I like the LED strips in the front bumper.
    where did you get those?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    I like the LED strips in the front bumper.
    where did you get those?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323430314508

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ordered GPM aluminum servo horn. Every time I cartwheel it, the plastic horn strips. Gonna run aluminum and loosen the servo saver a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Ordered GPM aluminum servo horn. Every time I cartwheel it, the plastic horn strips. Gonna run aluminum and loosen the servo saver a bit.

We've been lucky so far for the amount of cartwheels we've had and everything is still stock but were only on 6s with the stock 54/18 gearing. I'm going to order the aluminum horn today so it's here for when that happens, thanks for the update.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    We've been lucky so far for the amount of cartwheels we've had and everything is still stock but were only on 6s with the stock 54/18 gearing. I'm going to order the aluminum horn today so it's here for when that happens, thanks for the update.
    No worries. I didnít have issues till the aluminum tie bar and tie links. It doesnít bend and twist like plastic. I get much better steering and control this way, but then this happens. Now Iím hoping the servo saver does its job.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

GPM horn, build quality looks very good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So actuating the servo today I noticed that the fans would slow down, with the lights it was worse. I just ordered the most awesome BEC. Itís from Castle, itís water proof, input voltage is up to 12S, output adjustable up to 12vdc with the castle link which I already own. And it looks very good.

So actuating the servo today I noticed that the fans would slow down, with the lights it was worse. I just ordered the most awesome BEC. Itís from Castle, itís water proof, input voltage is up to 12S, output adjustable up to 12vdc with the castle link which I already own. And it looks very good.

Nice. That's the other nice thing about running the futaba receivers, their rated for HV so you can set that puppy at 7.4v with no worries, no messy rx bypass. You running the 2085x? Is that rated for 7.4v? I couldn't find that info.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Nice. That's the other nice thing about running the futaba receivers, their rated for HV so you can set that puppy at 7.4v with no worries, no messy rx bypass. You running the 2085x? Is that rated for 7.4v? I couldn't find that info.

Yes I am. Yes it is. How do you disable the onboard esc? I run a Max5

Yes I am. Yes it is. How do you disable the onboard esc? I run a Max5

How you disable the BEC built into the ESC?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

How you disable the BEC built into the ESC?

Well there is one cable that goes from the esc to the RX. It carries power, ground, and signal. You canít have two voltage sources on the RX. Are you implying I should cut the power from the esc to the RX and use the BEC.
    Edit. Apparently typing is hard for me, yes the bec.

Well there is one cable that goes from the esc to the RX. It carries power, ground, and signal. You canít have two voltage sources on the RX. Are you implying I should cut the power from the esc to the RX and use the BEC?

Yes. The BEC on one end will need soldered to your positive battery lead and the other end will be soldered to the wire you cut on the reciever plug side. Then put the plug in the reciever. It will have instructions with it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes. The BEC on one end will need soldered to your positive battery lead and the other end will be soldered to the wire you cut on the reciever plug side. Then put the plug in the reciever. It will have instructions with it.

Yeah. Iím good with the theory. Iíve used them before. But I used the Holmes adapter. Youíre right. I donít have to. Glad you spoke up. Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

CC BEC 2.0 mounts perfect under the front of the brace. Working on my wiring routes, gotta program before I cover the RX box. Just a heads up from Futaba, you can apply BEC voltage to the SBus channel.

Donít forget to cut the red wire from the esc....

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

The route for the lights will be inside of the brace. These are just a few. Sheís alive again. No more dimming lights or slowing fans. No real feedback yet. I wanna make sure it performs well before I endorse it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

GDS shock perches,
    Because why not. I like the GDS gear, itís too notch and matches perfectly. Mud guards from Murat RC on the way.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think my servo is a drain on the system. It seems to have a dead spot in it. Savox SB2290 Black edition on the way. 694 oz per inch.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Maxx Build

Savox SB-2290SG ready for install. It will have to wait. No time right now. Just getting it ready.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Itís in the truck. No good horn to use though.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Murat RC Mud Guards, and Vanquish servo horn.
    Now time to get out and run it.

RC Racer
    Grip from your images it looks like you used a custom carbon fiber plate for mounting the max 5 over the stock receiver box location. Was there any necessary modifications needed or just using a different receiver box and rerouting the wires ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wansfall View Post
    Grip from your images it looks like you used a custom carbon fiber plate for mounting the max 5 over the stock receiver box location. Was there any necessary modifications needed or just using a different receiver box and rerouting the wires ?
    I deleted(dremeled)the factory receiver box, and made my own ESC plate out of CF stock.

RC Racer
    Thanks , Now that you say that i noticed the dremel marks in some of your pictures.

RC Enthusiast
    Great thread. Alot of good info and advice.
    I am also a fan of GDS spur and Robison racing pinion.
    Those lights are cool but dont see them lasting the way I bash my truck lol.
    Savox SB-2290SG costly... really worth it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678