Question Desert style races?

Horses haven't hit the track yet, BUT, lets not beat around the cholla cactus (nasty desert bush). Now that you guys (TRAXXAS) have built the proper desert truck, how about getting some desert races going? Texas to the Cali, land of the desert. Is this something that TRAXXAS is considering??? If so, and you are looking for input, contact me, seriously, I'd be more than happy to be a part of that. Simply need a venue, all the other logistical "bugs" are pretty much worked out.

So when the general public gets these, which of you forum peeps/new owners would plan on racing it? Starting with something like this: Three classes: UDR Spec meaning you run 4s and the stock electronics, stock gearing, UDR Spec 6 being just that, stock electronics and 6s, stock gearing, finally UDR Unlimited, a run what you brung, staying electric, truly unlimited class. Modify your UDR however you desire, while still keeping it a desert truck

Any desert racers in the crowd???

You could get a off-road track to setup more like a TORC racing series track. Then run a 4s only class. Just think you could have a mini Crandon track to run these on.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Think bigger, way bigger, along the lines of the Mint 400, Barstow to Vegas, San Felipe 250, Baja 500 and 1000. Use SCORE and BITD as format design templates. Simply label them the Ultimate Desert Racing Series....... Hurry up and copyright that one TRAXXAS, before someone else does.

That would be cool but in terms of a driver/stand position most 1/8 tracks can push the limit on vision.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

FPV, just like the video....

RC Enthusiast
    there looks like we are going to have a class of them on our outdoor track this year. there seems to be really good interest in them already. we are looking at doing some form of stock racing. for example only letting people swap out factory radio equipment and servo or something similar.

Thats awesome. These trucks are meant to fly through extremely rough terrain, not a short course environment. Scale baby head sized rocks, ruts, rolling jumps. Just like the promo video that is out. Be sure to post video of your events.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Mac Fab in may we are going to El Mirage dry lake, for the Land Speed Racing, put on by the American Timing Association (i think) anyways we camp out there and party. there are lots of ATV/Dirt bike areas. Sand, gravel, dirt.

Lots of little tracks and gullys. i plan to beat that truck up out there.

If you wanna head up for a day of desert bashing let me know. don't have to camp.

I don't care for organized racing too much. just for fun for me. lol
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Where is El Mirage dry lake located?
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

Shall we try this thread again? How many peeps have them and where are you located?

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    So Cal - San Bernardino Area
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor

where am I located

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    So Cal - San Bernardino Area
    Round Rock, Texas

RC Competitor
    Frederick, MD

RC Competitor
    My brother and I each have one. We are in So Cal foothill area 57/210 fwy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    Horses haven't hit the track yet, BUT, lets not beat around the cholla cactus (nasty desert bush). Now that you guys (TRAXXAS) have built the proper desert truck, how about getting some desert races going? Texas to the Cali, land of the desert. Is this something that TRAXXAS is considering??? If so, and you are looking for input, contact me, seriously, I'd be more than happy to be a part of that. Simply need a venue, all the other logistical "bugs" are pretty much worked out.

So when the general public gets these, which of you forum peeps/new owners would plan on racing it? Starting with something like this: Three classes: UDR Spec meaning you run 4s and the stock electronics, stock gearing, UDR Spec 6 being just that, stock electronics and 6s, stock gearing, finally UDR Unlimited, a run what you brung, staying electric, truly unlimited class. Modify your UDR however you desire, while still keeping it a desert truck

Any desert racers in the crowd???
    It would be cool if Traxxas would do some kind of race.....but they didn't even do their TORC series this year! Even some kind of short course racing would be cool to see....

RC poster
    SoCal Riverside

RC Racer
    It would be cool if there was a scale aspect to the racing too. Maybe super-detailing contest for both static and race bodies. There could be extra points given for scale detailing that stays put during the racing without breaking off. I'm talking both functional scale details (scale looking arms, rods, links, etc) and non-functional (jacks, lights, fire extinguishers, straps, etc)

One of the things I like most about my UDR is how scale it looks. Given its nice large size, all sorts of super scale possibilities open up to make it a excellent replica of the full size machines. It is already worth of being presented on a shelf, but it could be made to be stunning.

For racing, FPV would be awesome, and it seems the equipment is all there to do it thanks to the drone racing crowd. As long as there are enough spotters along a long straight course, it should work. That, and excellent radio repeaters to make usr the range/signal quality is there. Again, drone racing has a lot of this already figured out.

I would race. Might even travel some distance to give it a try. I'd love to drive cross country with a camper trailer.