RC Competitor

Oh god, not the noises AGAIN.

I keep on having this "rubbing" noise that seems to be coming from the rear end. The Cush Drive spur gear has some play on the shaft, and there is a clicking noise. Could anyone know what this is? Kinda making me sad for the fact I paid around $1300.00 for this thing.

RC Qualifier
    Have you disassembled any part of the truck?

Definitly prop the truck up on a stand and start to diassemble it and give it a little throttle here and there to see if you can find what exactly is causing the sound
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by feverdog11 View Post
    I keep on having this "rubbing" noise that seems to be coming from the rear end. The Cush Drive spur gear has some play on the shaft, and there is a clicking noise. Could anyone know what this is? Kinda making me sad for the fact I paid around $1300.00 for this thing.
    Sorry, I mean front end

RC Competitor
    I once decided to put that 46t spur gear on that came with it to reach "50+ mph." Unfortunately, it was way to much of a headache to find the gear mesh. Then I put the old gear back on, and after failing to find the appropriate gear mesh for that, I just sent it for repair at my local hobby store. They also pointed there was some play in the cush drive. When I got it back, the motor was appropriately space, however there was still play in the Cush Drive. For that rubbing noise, maybe could be the center driveshaft or the groves were the diff sits rubbing, or the diff case. From the YouTuber Kevin Talbot, I know he's bent a lot of those center driveshafts/ For that clicking noise, just took off the Motor and Cush Drive gear covers, and could see absolutely no damage on the teeth of the pinion and Cush Drive gears, and the center diff gears. I think i'll send it to my local hobby store to get it looked at, and hopefully repaired (If there is any damage), since whenever I do repairs, I always break it even more .
    Last edited by feverdog11; 02-03-2018 at 05:02 PM.

my cush drive has a lot of play too. pretty sure that's normal. If there is a rubbing or clicking then I would imagine a part is bent or debris is in the way of something. How long have you had the truck? is it new? how heavily is it used?
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL