RC Qualifier

Xmaxx owners. Genuine thoughts on the UDR

Hi, I recently got back into the hobby after seeing the announcement of the ERevo 2.0 and the UDR. Ive had over 100 RCs and over 20 Traxxas models, my pinaccle and biggest regret was selling my Xmaxx 8s. Ive forced myself not to buy another, and was looking at either a ERevo 2.0 or UDR.

Initially I was dissapointed with the ERevo 2.0, its too similar to the old one, and has the same flaws as the gen 1, so my focus shifted to the UDR.

They came into stock in to my semi local modelshop in the UK, I drove 20 miles with the £840 on me. Id even bought the 3s lipos ready. They had 15 in stock and one on display. He gave it to me and I was very dissapointed at how small it was! It was barely different to a SLASH 4X4 from a distance. I liked the feel and quality, but I dont feel its big enough? Its ridiculously expensive for its size compared to its Ďcompetitorí?

I think what I really want is another XMaxx, but itíll be my fourth. Can anyone who owns both sway me into a UDR?

Thanks

RC Racer

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    If you are used to 8s bashing with a xmaxx, a UDR will not fill that void.

I have both, and can honestly say, i like the 8s xmaxx more.

The UDR is a great platform, and when used in the proper environment, it is amazing, but for bashing, and general track shenanigans, i would opt for the 8s xmaxx.

UDR is a desert truck, its not really ment for huge air and stuff, so its amusement factor is limited by your terrain. where a xmaxx can have fun in a 25 foot area.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    If you are used to 8s bashing with a xmaxx, a UDR will not fill that void.

I have both, and can honestly say, i like the 8s xmaxx more.

The UDR is a great platform, and when used in the proper environment, it is amazing, but for bashing, and general track shenanigans, i would opt for the 8s xmaxx.

UDR is a desert truck, its not really ment for huge air and stuff, so its amusement factor is limited by your terrain. where a xmaxx can have fun in a 25 foot area.

Appreciate that. I genuinely regret selling my V2 Xmaxx, it was great, but it needed alot of upgrades to get it how I wanted which is a huge investment! I just don't think Ill be happy with the UDR so its going to be a case of saving for an Xmaxx and the necessary upgrades.

I'm using Tekno's at the moment (EB and ET) and they're absolutely amazing, purely faultless. but I just miss the size and presence of the X

Hmmmm

RC Enthusiast
    I own 2 8s X-Maxx's and a udr. Traxxas failed both on the udr and the erevo 2.0 with their battery trays. They needed to be bigger simple as that. They keep making battery trays with only their own batteries in mind and they well to be honest are trash batteries. It's just a matter of coincidence that other brands Batts fit their trays.

The battery tray size of the e-revo 2.0 is the reason why I cancelled my pre order of the e-revo 2.0's and won't be buying them due to their small tiny size(take note Traxxas) I'll check back when you make the e-revo 3.0 if you've made larger trays for the next new Revo and buy one then and only then.

With that said this udr is pretty cool. Don't k ow if it's a losi Baja Rey cool which I still plan to get here soon but we shall see.

Also Traxxas should have released the truck with multiple brand matter connector adapters. The little block that hold the connectors facing into the battery tray. Popular connectors like xt90's or the castle connectors.

Sanding my battery tray out on the side that the battery retainer slides into because there's a few mm I can get out of the palstic without losing strength but other than that only other option here is a custom made battery compartment up top which requires the removal of the fake radiator fans for easy access.

Need to sell off this brand new in box snap on van X-Maxx I won as I don't need that many X-Maxx's lol pm me if interested.

Over all though cool concept just not very good execution of said concept in certain areas.