RC poster

Battery plug ins built into chassis

What are your guys thoughts on the plug ins being built into the truck's chassis.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome idea, this has been used on other brands as well. It makes it easier to connect and disconnect things, as well as eliminate floppy wiring. Downside, it is more difficult to use your own brand of connector. You would have to either make a pigtail that connects to the TRX plug then has your connector on the other end, or modify chassis to use your own.

I personally see no issues with it. I prefer to use SMC LiPo's on all my vehicles, and they offer the TRX plug (Older Style but still connects).
    Last edited by BadAssRC; 02-05-2018 at 04:17 AM.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Racer
    I would have to do away with that before the first drive. I dont have any traxxas connectors on any of my trucks or batterys. I do like the idea of the chassis mounted connectors. Just not the traxxas connectors. Not talking down about the traxxas connectors, was just easier to make all my trucks the same connectors.
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Racer
    Let's create a positive experience here and not attempt to troll. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-06-2018 at 12:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Patent on what. You can't Patent a battery connector that is mounted on the chassis, only the connector itself, unless there is a fancy mount for it. It is literally a iD connector that is screwed into the chassis.

Also, it would be Patent Infringement, not Copyright.
    Last edited by BadAssRC; 02-06-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

I dislike built in connectors. I don't use Traxxas plugs. I use XT60 connectors. But there's always a way around it.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-06-2018 at 12:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Perfect reason not buy. Loving my Xmaxx

RC Competitor
    Even with the right connector, longer thicker gauge battery wires then the 14gauge 3Ē wires shown in the manual will have issues getting the door on. Then you canít tell whatís in the way of the of the door to fix it. Growing pains.

If your non-Traxxas connector is bigger than the stock Traxxas ones get out the dermel. Deans plugs fit through the chassis holes.

I now plug in on bottom then shove the wires through the chassis holes to close the door.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post
    Patent on what. You can't Patent a battery connector that is mounted on the chassis, only the connector itself, unless there is a fancy mount for it. It is literally a iD connector that is screwed into the chassis.

Also, it would be Patent Infringement, not Copyright.
    Doesnít matter what you call it patent or copyright infringement. Others have done it first, all of the sudden Traxxas jumps on the bandwagon.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Let's create a positive experience here and not attempt to troll. -ksb51rl
    everytime I say something negative I get flagged. I might have to cancel my UDR order after all. All my RCís (Not my 1/16 tanks) are Traxxas. To say Iím ďtrollingĒ is bit far fetched, when it other forums they call me a Traxxas fan boy if I list facts and take apart their arguments......as long as I ďtrollĒ or say anything bad about other manufacturers itís ok, right?

RC Qualifier
    I quite like the Traxxas connectors, I just don't get why the Traxxas LiPo packs are so much more expensive then the competition?!

Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    everytime I say something negative I get flagged. I might have to cancel my UDR order after all. All my RCís (Not my 1/16 tanks) are Traxxas. To say Iím ďtrollingĒ is bit far fetched, when it other forums they call me a Traxxas fan boy if I list facts and take apart their arguments......as long as I ďtrollĒ or say anything bad about other manufacturers itís ok, right?

Previously removed:
    Quote Originally Posted by YOU
    I wonder if other brands might have a patent on it and are going to sue Traxxas, or Traxxas can go patent it real quick and sue the others for copyright infringement....🤣
    If you don't see this as not belonging here, then yes, you will be "flagged" for each time you post something so troll-worthy.
    Please try to stick to a subject about which you know something. Patents and copyrights are not your strong suit. You should really drop that particular matter. You've now been asked twice, and nicely - without any repercussions at all. I'd love to keep it that way.

As for other "negative" posts, I invite anybody to look at dronenewbie's posts so the truth can be easily seen for themselves.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC poster
    I think it's odd that one of the two connectors is obviously keyed, but the rearward connector is not (but still only fits one way due to offset). But I didn't use a light to plug in the batteries, so my old eyes could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnusFast View Post
    I think it's odd that one of the two connectors is obviously keyed, but the rearward connector is not (but still only fits one way due to offset). But I didn't use a light to plug in the batteries, so my old eyes could be wrong.

Ignus, your new Desert Racer is set up to accept different combinations of Traxxas batteries. You can run two 2s packs, two 3s packs, or one large 4s pack which has a larger plug to accommodate the extra balance wires. This is a safety feature built-in, that only lets you use the Traxxas 4s packs on vehicles where compatible. If I remember correctly, to use a Traxxas 4s pack, you have to plug in a provided jumper into the smaller 2s/3s battery terminal on the chassis.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Previously removed:

If you don't see this as not belonging here, then yes, you will be "flagged" for each time you post something so troll-worthy.
    Please try to stick to a subject about which you know something. Patents and copyrights are not your strong suit. You should really drop that particular matter. You've now been asked twice, and nicely - without any repercussions at all. I'd love to keep it that way.

As for other "negative" posts, I invite anybody to look at dronenewbie's posts so the truth can be easily seen for themselves.
    Well, thatís fine. Too bad folks canít see the pm sent to me in regards of ďnegativeĒ comments snd/or posts, so posting a link to my recent threads or post wonít show anything at all. But itís all good. You were probably just bullied as a kid, now you can hide behind a keyboard as payback. Power tripping as a moderator. Please delete my account on this forum. I donít like to invest in any more products from a company who has moderators like you cyber stalking me on this forum, over petty stuff. Seriously PLEASE delete my account. Thatís the reason why I did not pm you. Everyone should see that Iím serious. I tried to do it myself, but there is no option for it on my Tapatalk app. Btw. I went to the lhs and canceled my UDR order. I donít play nice when bullied. Now go ahead and delete my account and most importantly this post. Canít have people see this post, right?

Battery plug ins built into chassis

I save every PM, whether received or sent. Which would you like displayed?
    Iím offering total transparency. I have no doubt a bullied-kid power-tripping-moderator will come out well ahead of you and your behavior when all is revealed.

Edit: The point is that your posts, positive or negative, have remained as they were, except when you start waxing philosophic about the patent issue.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-26-2018 at 08:35 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyFozy View Post
    Ignus, your new Desert Racer is set up to accept different combinations of Traxxas batteries. You can run two 2s packs, two 3s packs, or one large 4s pack which has a larger plug to accommodate the extra balance wires. This is a safety feature built-in, that only lets you use the Traxxas 4s packs on vehicles where compatible. If I remember correctly, to use a Traxxas 4s pack, you have to plug in a provided jumper into the smaller 2s/3s battery terminal on the chassis.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm using two 5000Mah 3S Traxxas batteries. My point is that the rear connector on the car isn't keyed the same as the front one. I would have expected them to be the same, since the jumper is the same as the battery connectors.

Iím thinking, ďWait for the future accessory, not yet announced.Ē

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    hey it looks like the connector on the 4s traxxas 6700 batteries with the traxxas live charger plugs.

makes sense if your using 2 3s 5000 traxxas lipo the 2nd connector would be shapped like the 2s/3s traxxas ID battery plug..

heres a picture of the 6700's pack.

same square-ish hole on the charger.

that's the main port on the udr, right?
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Hmmm, you are on to something. I forgot about those.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    hey it looks like the connector on the 4s traxxas 6700 batteries with the traxxas live charger plugs.

makes sense if your using 2 3s 5000 traxxas lipo the 2nd connector would be shapped like the 2s/3s traxxas ID battery plug..

heres a picture of the 6700's pack.

same square-ish hole on the charger.

that's the main port on the udr, right?
    Great catch - makes perfect sense, since the jumper connector is the front one (the car comes with a special cover for it, thus the screw holes)

I'd never seen that product, but I see the need for > 3S using additional balance wires.

This is what I was trying to explain, thanks for adding the photo fourdub!

RC Racer
    Anybody done a conversion to use different connetors yet? Just wanting to see what it takes to do it so i will know what im getting into. That will definately have to be the first thing i do before i can even run it when i get one.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitBasher90 View Post
    Anybody done a conversion to use different connetors yet? Just wanting to see what it takes to do it so i will know what im getting into. That will definately have to be the first thing i do before i can even run it when i get one.
    I use an adaptor plug to use deans plugs. It fits and works just fine.

RC Competitor
    I tried adaptors also but they were too long to fit 100% with my long battery wires. Unscrew the plug holder and remove Trx plugs. The driver insert blocks any access from the esc side so I removed it and left them out.

RC Racer
    So the plugs are not molded to the chassis? They just have a little deal screwed down to hold them in place? Heck that makes it a pretty cake job then. Thanks!

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    heres a picture

also might be able to remove the top of the battery tray and fit a extension bay so it can fit bigger/more batteries. you lose some of the lower COG when you expand upwards tho. here is picture with the drivers removed.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    also might be able to remove the top of the battery tray and fit a extension bay so it can fit bigger/more batteries. you lose some of the lower COG when you expand upwards tho. here is picture with the drivers removed.

I think you might be on to something there, I could see someone cutting out the top side of the battery tray to make room..

Also, with your nice photo of the open chassis, it looks like there are mount standoffs for the telemetry expander box & the power supply module used for the LED light kits!?
    9.7mph 3s TRX-4 Land Rover

RC Racer
    Nice! Thanks for the pics fourdub. I really cant wait to get one. But i just got the trx4 that im still trying to get finished. So dont really have time to start working on another rc right now. Glad to know what i will be getting into when i do get one though.

RC poster
    I was out of town and found a UDR at a hobby shop there. I picked it up, as well as the charger + 2 5000Mah 3s pack combo.

Really glad I did. Makes running this rig super easy. I have an expensive quad charger w/ power supply I use for my other packs, but I gotta admit the built in balance plug is pretty sweet.

RC Enthusiast
    Took me 2 weeks to figure out what will I be doing in regards to battery/charger with the UDR situation.
    Getting back to RC after 25 years...so I have nothing in terms of parts/accessories.

I hesitated a lot but I think I'll get the dual charger with the 2x 3s 5000mah from Traxxas. Looks simple to use, dual charging.
    I can always use the charger for 3s or less lipos....and even change the connector of the batteries with the balance leads.
    Or sell everything if I go with another brand.

Is it possible to use traxxas connectors for every type of RC I get...let's say I become a TRX connector fanboy... Just soldering traxxas plug on the ESC ? But then it would have to be the old style because the ID is not sold by Traxxas...then having ID lipos, I'm screwed....So any reason why I should get Traxxas batteries / charger system ?

See ? I'm all messed up again.

RC Enthusiast
    Thought in this is that they should have included other adapters for popular battery connectors like the xt90 plugs. Having to cut away the inside of mine to make them work since I don't use Traxxas plugs , only xt90