RC Qualifier

Anyone Know if the E-Maxx is getting a 2.0?

My buddy has been waiting for 3 months for our local Hobby Shop to get them in stock. I know there are places online that sell them, but he would prefer to get locally. Just the other day, they told him that the E-Maxx is no longer available.....and I noticed Traxxas has been out of stock for a while now.

Are they just out of stock or does anyone know if there may be a refresh like the E-Revo 2.0 in the near future?
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post
    My buddy has been waiting for 3 months for our local Hobby Shop to get them in stock. I know there are places online that sell them, but he would prefer to get locally. Just the other day, they told him that the E-Maxx is no longer available.....and I noticed Traxxas has been out of stock for a while now.

Are they just out of stock or does anyone know if there may be a refresh like the E-Revo 2.0 in the near future?
    I doubt it, have not heard a word about a T-E-Maxx 2.0, if he want's one why not order one? it will most likely get there faster and be around the same price.

RC Qualifier
    It is cheaper locally, $509. I know Traxxas did a refresh on the Bandit, Rustler, Stampede, and Funny Car (All VXL/TSM Models) and lowered the Price by $65 for each, basically a different color body and that was about it. I couldn't pass that up and picked up a Rustler VXL/TSM. So I wonder if that is what Traxxas is doing.

who knows, but he said he will wait til the end of the month, if not he will order online.
    Last edited by BadAssRC; 02-05-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post

My Friend Here is something that i do know I will Not be buying one unless they do make a 2.0, If a company does not care enough to make an update and bring it up to this generation and fix obvious problems and weak points the truck has, after what like 10 years then i do not care enough to buy one.

Case in point will i be buying the e-revo 2.0 sure i will, would i like to have a new brushless e-maxx sure i would but not until it gets the same treatment the e-revo 2.0 just received.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
    My Friend Here is something that i do know I will Not be buying one unless they do make a 2.0, If a company does not care enough to make an update and bring it up to this generation and fix obvious problems and weak points the truck has, after what like 10 years then i do not care enough to buy one.

Case in point will i be buying the e-revo 2.0 sure i will, would i like to have a new brushless e-maxx sure i would but not until it gets the same treatment the e-revo 2.0 just received.
    The E Maxx truck has overgone a huge amount of changes to the electronics, chassis, drivetrain and more since its original release. Playing with a classic E Maxx is a completley different experience than playing with a new model. That being said, if the truck has not met your standards after such a long time, perhaps another vehicle suits you better. Its not that Traxxas doesnt "care", the truck is still selling well, and for most people 100 dollars in upgrades is not a big deal.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik02001 View Post
    The E Maxx truck has overgone a huge amount of changes to the electronics, chassis, drivetrain and more since its original release. Playing with a classic E Maxx is a completley different experience than playing with a new model. That being said, if the truck has not met your standards after such a long time, perhaps another vehicle suits you better. Its not that Traxxas doesnt "care", the truck is still selling well, and for most people 100 dollars in upgrades is not a big deal.
    Let me ask you a question my friend, The Brushless edition e-maxx was released somewhrere around 2009 - 10, Since then or goin on the last roughly 10 years, besides anything to do with electronics what changes if any have been done ..??

RC Racer
    Looking at what traxxas has come out with in the last few years I'm betting money that there's going to be a emaxx 2.0. Why would they be out of stock for so long also Summit's are out too. I also think they are trying to kill the competition with the variety of new and upgraded models. Refreshing the fleet for battle. I only wish I had more $$$ for them.

RC Champion
    Emaxx don't need a 2.0 like the Erevo did, just some flm bulks and you have one.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Emaxx don't need a 2.0 like the Erevo did, just some flm bulks and you have one.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't quite say that. I would add shock towers, diffs, skid plates, and chassis to that list. I love both my 3906 and my 3905 Maxx, but let's be real here they're pretty outdated now. I would love to see a refresh.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm 90% sure we'll see a E-Maxx 2.0. They have quite a bit invested in the Maxx name, and the E-Maxx has been a well loved platform, so why would they not refresh it?
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

I agree with Wolflslash16. Also, it's has been one of Traxxas' most desired R. C.'s as well for buyers. I'm reasonably sure there would be no X-Maxx without a E-Maxx either. Yes, I am a E-MAXX fan and have been one for years.

Besides the fact, the upgrades have been fun to add to the existing E-MAXX trucks. There are many upgrade parts for sale on eBay and in many R. C. hobby shops. Lookin' forward to seeing how it will be upgraded via it's manufacture.
    Last edited by maximum; 03-03-2018 at 03:16 AM.

RC poster
    Interesting thought, I’ve also heard rumors of a X-Revo

Yep Wacdaboss07 - I look forward to hearing Traxxas' decision on this well known, fun to upgrade and well sold R. C. Monster Truck -E-MAXX!! Hmm; X-Revo sounds interesting too.
    Last edited by maximum; 03-24-2018 at 02:10 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I wouldn't quite say that. I would add shock towers, diffs, skid plates, and chassis to that list. I love both my 3906 and my 3905 Maxx, but let's be real here they're pretty outdated now. I would love to see a refresh.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm 90% sure we'll see a E-Maxx 2.0. They have quite a bit invested in the Maxx name, and the E-Maxx has been a well loved platform, so why would they not refresh it?
    I agree. It could still use some improvements, and the Maxx line changed rc in so many ways. That first emaxx of mine was . I would think a refreshed emaxx would continue selling off the legend and the nostalgia alone. Even though new vehicles are out that are better in many ways.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    I did get an email from Traxxas this morning, 24 March 2018
    It stated that they do expect the E-Maxx to return to stock soon but do not have an immediate expected date.

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I agree. It could still use some improvements, and the Maxx line changed rc in so many ways. That first emaxx of mine was . I would think a refreshed emaxx would continue selling off the legend and the nostalgia alone. Even though new vehicles are out that are better in many ways.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    mwe-maxxowner, I have noticed one thing 'bout a lot of high performance vehicles; they will be still upgraded to even higher performance vehicles. Aftermarket parts, helps to add to the unique qualities of any personally owned Vehicle/R. C. Why not do so with this (very) well known E-MAXX R.C.?
    Last edited by maximum; 03-24-2018 at 06:12 PM.

RC Racer
    I will guess they come with a 2.0 e maxx also, maby later this year. My soon 5 years old e maxx brushless still going strong on the original diffs, so i dont need a 2.0 version since i stick to 4s, plenty enough power for offroad, but i must admit if we do get 2.0 e maxx i will upgrade the diffs when they do break. But right now the truck seems like to last forever lol
    Last edited by Ray87; 04-28-2018 at 08:57 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Looking at what traxxas has come out with in the last few years I'm betting money that there's going to be a emaxx 2.0. Why would they be out of stock for so long also Summit's are out too. I also think they are trying to kill the competition with the variety of new and upgraded models. Refreshing the fleet for battle. I only wish I had more $$$ for them.
    I agree, Arrma has stepped their game up and this would be good for traxxas if they redid the E-Maxx like the E-Revo has been redone. Even though I am a mega X-Maxx fan, my first RC was a Brushless E-Maxx
    Last edited by Wacdaboss07; 09-26-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacdaboss07 View Post
    I agree, Arrma has stepped their game up and this would be good for traxxas if they redid the E-Maxx like the E-Revo has been redone. Even though I am a mega X-Maxx fan, my first RC was a Brushless E-Maxx
    Interesting statement! I have well-known hobby shops sending information to me regarding upgrades on many other manufactures of 1/8 scale electric monster trucks. All of the E-MAXX's I have are 1/8th scale now. I'm yet a Traxxas E-MAXX fan though: nearly ten years now!
    Last edited by maximum; 09-29-2018 at 12:21 AM.