Thread: Tires?

RC Qualifier

Tires?

Even tho no one has one (talking bout truck) would 2.8 badlands work ONLY on the back tires? r the stock tires the same size?

RC Enthusiast
    the udr uses a larger tire and the hex size is 17mm

RC Qualifier
    UDR uses 5.3" Tall tires with a 2.2"/3.2" Rim. You need a 3.2" rim (For the Inside portion of the Rim) to clear the steering knuckles and suspension. 17mm hexes with 8mm stub axle.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post
    UDR uses 5.3" Tall tires with a 2.2"/3.2" Rim. You need a 3.2" rim (For the Inside portion of the Rim) to clear the steering knuckles and suspension. 17mm hexes with 8mm stub axle.
    rc caraction said it was an 8mm stub axle that is an error (what they really wanted to say is a 8mm nut driver takes off the tires) so the axle is really only a 5mm axle at least the threaded portion

RC Qualifier
    I have not read about RC Car Action so I wouldn't know.

I meant to type 6mm stub axle.

17mm Hex, with 6mm stub axle.
    Last edited by BadAssRC; 02-06-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post
    Hmm, I think my spare RPM 3.2 Revolvers might come in handy after all Perhaps mounted with some 2.8 MX28 (5.05" tall), and the body a bit lowered. (Or perhaps some sweet on-road body )
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4

I can't help but crack up at threads like this. How do we know if tires will fit since nobody has the truck in hand to test fit them?

RC Qualifier
    Bingo, hence why I said what I said hahaha. Well there is only one way to find out lol

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I can't help but crack up at threads like this. How do we know if tires will fit since nobody has the truck in hand to test fit them?
    I will take your KR3 take offs when you put the Badlands on there. Wow. Peeps are clueless to desert rigs. As is, this thing was not meant for the road or at the sc track. Wasn't built for that. Drive it in the terrain like you see in their video, open and rough so you can go fast like the 1:1, and you will have your chin drop. That simple. You'll also keep the KR3s.
    Last edited by MAC FAB; 02-06-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    I will take your KR3 take offs when you put the Badlands on there. Wow. Peeps are clueless to desert rigs. As is, this thing will totally suck on road, and at the sc track. Wasn't built for that. Drive it in the terrain like you see in their video, open and rough so you can go fast like the 1:1, and you will have your chin drop. That simple. You'll also keep the KR3s.
    I think you quoted the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I think you quoted the wrong guy.
    Sorry Jato, agreeing with you 110%, quoted the wrong guy. Missed the multi quote button.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    Sorry Jato, agreeing with you 110%, quoted the wrong guy. Missed the multi quote button.
    No worries. You just had me confused for a second!

RC Qualifier
    I know what trophy and Baja trucks r meant for, and I understand what the tires do, for me part of the hobby is to have fun experimenting with different things because I could or it would help in some way.

Anyway just so stoked about this truck! can't wait to see how peeps feel about it!