Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California

Revo 2.0 Parts to buy

So i own two revos, one erevo and one erevobe.

i am looking at the new revo that is coming out.

If you guys could buy just certain parts off that chassis which ones would you guys want?

I seen some people wanting just a whole roller.

i havnt had many problems with my revos, but light basher here.

was thinking i want the tires, a-arms, lowers and uppers, body and bodymount system.

drivelines have been good to me, tires are another story lol.

what do you guys think, just buy a new one sell the old ones?

or viable to buy parts to upgrade.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Sell the old ones and invest in the 2.0.

Welp, i'll be getting rid of the old revos. i just ordered two. a orange and a green revo 2.0.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    Welp, i'll be getting rid of the old revos. i just ordered two. a orange and a green revo 2.0.
    Same here. I will keep my nitro revo though and all of the spares I have as well. I will sell my “old” erbe to one if my co workers. First I will check interchangeability of parts between new and old. I like my “old” shocks and center driveschafts, toe links ,tie rods, and pushrods for the rocker suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope they come soon, getting antcy
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

That was quik fourdub! Took only one comment to convince you......
    Choose Life !!!

was on the fence, debating if i bought buy them strip the parts i want and resell the extras.

so basically that's what ima do.

ima take the electronics and body / wheels, sell that roller

fix up my erevobe a little bit and sell the erevo.

keep one 2.0 and 1 erevo 1.0 w/ some 2.0 parts.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I guess i should of bought them on 2 separate transactions.

one is coming:
    Arriving Sunday, March 4 2018

the other is coming
    This product is expected to arrive on Sunday, March 11 2018.

So i have to wait till the other color one comes in before they will ship my order. gonna sit on that e-revo for a week in the warehouse
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Just cancel'd my pre-orders at Hobbytown.com.

Called and they told me, they do not have a expected date when they will have the trucks to fulfill the pre-orders.

However the brick and mortar shops, hobbytown have them in stock.

So i cancel'd my pre-orders. Nowhave to wait a few days for the refund before i can goto the store and buy them.

Pretty disappointed in the pre-order from them. I called the brick and mortar shop and they said they have some in stock, and they are for sale, not for pre-orders.

Pretty lame playing the waiting game.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    I feel your pain. I know they’re trying to drive sales to local shops but it is strange how people that pre ordered months ago have no expected date and random people will walk into a hobby shop and they’ve got them just sitting around. The way they are distributing these things is really, really weird.

It is strange, my hobby shop has one on the shelf also. Though I imagine it sucks pre ordering and having to wait I kinda like the idea of supporting your LHS.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

tbh with all the reported breakage, i am wondering if i should wait till the revo 2.0 v2 is released lol.

guy on ebay selling them for 750$ with 70$ shipping lol.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    I can see the servos being updated before to longe but other than that im sold. Even then i will do a servo upgrade to a single savox.

RC poster
    Though I have issues with one servo, this is my 1st traxxas and the car is a beast. Maybe I'm just new to the whole big rc thing (idk how they call this 1:10 scale...as it dwarfs my other 1:10 scales) but I was running 4s and could blast off a 10-step staircase, clearing them all, then landing with no scraping, bottoming, weird noises, ETC. Just tires and suspension took it up...mega impressed. Dozens of jumps like that and the bottom of the chassis is spotless.

Also will wheelie and flip on it's back with 4s. Climbs stairs and curbs like nothing at all so you don't have to keep picking it up and dropping it.

RC poster
    I had preordered too from amain. I had the preorder with in 2 hours of them posting on their site so I was definitely one of the 1st. But then over the next month I kept calling them and they were giving me the runaround about the ship date, so I canceled it and went to my LHS and bought the 1st article with the green sticker.

Hopefully that wasn't a dumb move and it has all the same parts as a real one...time will tell.

RC Competitor
    tbh with all the reported breakage, i am wondering if i should wait till the revo 2.0 v2 is released lol.

guy on ebay selling them for 750$ with 70$ shipping lol.
    You know what really grinds my gears is when people go buy out a new product and mark it up through the roof and try to sell it to people that have to wait for it because all the stock was bought up by people intending to just mark it up and re sell it lol

It’s free enterprise: operating by laws of supply and demand, without outside forces mucking up the process. Charge all the Market will bear, and not one cent less. These are not EpiPens - they are (awesome, wonderful) toys. Nobody should be able to claim physical, mental, or emotional harm, and those buying on spec are doing nothing illegal, immoral, or unethical. If you want to be on the cutting edge of leisure possession ownership, you have to be prepared to do some bleeding.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    It’s free enterprise: operating by laws of supply and demand, without outside forces mucking up the process. Charge all the Market will bear, and not one cent less. These are not EpiPens - they are (awesome, wonderful) toys. Nobody should be able to claim physical, mental, or emotional harm, and those buying on spec are doing nothing illegal, immoral, or unethical. If you want to be on the cutting edge of leisure possession ownership, you have to be prepared to do some bleeding.
    Bingo. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can admit these are toys.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

now now boys.

toys or not, that is not the subject.

of course these are toys for having fun.

but money is money.

Trying seeing it from a slightly different perspective.

Say you live in sticks somewhere. no hobbyshops for 100's of miles.

you pre order online.

traxxas oversells the crap out of them. all small online retailers get pushed back, and pushed back, and pushed back. some stores now reporting nothing for first 3 waves of shipments.

bang! you see some, but at a premium. that is pretty annoying, no matter what.

I also agree, its a free country, as long as its not illegal, go for it.

we are not discussing the legality of it, or anything, just saying its annoying.

there will always be a market for "1st" in America lol... that comes at a premium sometimes lol
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

So my preorder refund came in, i called hobbytown, they had 3 for sale in store.

i picked up two green ones.

Will need to take it home to get pictures side by side with the version 1's
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Some Comparison pictures of the parts.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears is when people go buy out a new product and mark it up through the roof and try to sell it to people that have to wait for it because all the stock was bought up by people intending to just mark it up and re sell it lol
    It’s called free market and your hobby shop is doing the same thing buying at X and selling for X + ?
    That’s how it works. Off topic a bit but, ... My wife is a former communist, they didn’t get any RC Cars, or enough food. Her egg ration was 1 per person a month. Time to find a chicken.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 7777 View Post
    Though I have issues with one servo, this is my 1st traxxas and the car is a beast. Maybe I'm just new to the whole big rc thing (idk how they call this 1:10 scale...as it dwarfs my other 1:10 scales) but I was running 4s and could blast off a 10-step staircase, clearing them all, then landing with no scraping, bottoming, weird noises, ETC. Just tires and suspension took it up...mega impressed. Dozens of jumps like that and the bottom of the chassis is spotless.

Also will wheelie and flip on it's back with 4s. Climbs stairs and curbs like nothing at all so you don't have to keep picking it up and dropping it.
    Could you get it to self right with 4s? I could not but 6s worked, and pretty quick.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nygaard View Post
    It’s called free market and your hobby shop is doing the same thing buying at X and selling for X + ?
    That’s how it works. Off topic a bit but, ... My wife is a former communist, they didn’t get any RC Cars, or enough food. Her egg ration was 1 per person a month. Time to find a chicken.
    Yeah, I know that. I’m not saying it’s illegal. I’m saying it’s frustrating. Plus there’s a big difference between the hobby shops all selling them for 550 (at a place where they have staff to pay to sell it) and some guy just gouging the crap out of the price for an extra 300 dollars. But regardless this is off topic from the subject of this thread.

Some Comparison pictures of the parts.

Seems like you pretty much have one or three of each. I'd be very interested after you have them for a time how you like the revo 2.0, udr, and x Maxx as they each compare to one another. I'm considering thinking my herd down a bit to just my xmaxx, my trx-4, and something else. If the udr or revo seem to still take a back seat to the xmaxx, maybe just keep the xmaxx and a slash I already own, and my trx-4. The xmaxx is a ton of fun.

Well i had the xmaxx for almost a year now. 8s xmaxx. love that truck. I've had the revo's longer.

to me personally, when i want to go fast, its the e-revo.

for everything else its the xmaxx.

I am hoping the UDR is a solid platform, and it takes a place in my weekly runs. revo's been sitting for months, had a esc issue, and i already bought replacement electronics and couldn't fix it.

yeah, i keep buying trucks for my dad who has COPD, and he don't get out like he used to, so that's why i have a lot of multiples of trucks.

Almost like buying RC's for the wife, knowing your gonna use em more than her lol

As i use em i'll post my review of them.

Lately we have been brining slashes and xmaxxes to the track. enjoy running the slashes in between xmaxx runs.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

You got me thinking....

Thinking i might sell off the 2nd revo 2.0, and the red revo.

Already stripped the 2nd 2.0 down to a rolling chassis in anticipation of stealing its parts for my revo.

Got to think about how i want to more forward. atm i have 4 revos, i only need 2... lol.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Well i had the xmaxx for almost a year now. 8s xmaxx. love that truck. I've had the revo's longer.

to me personally, when i want to go fast, its the e-revo.

for everything else its the xmaxx.

I am hoping the UDR is a solid platform, and it takes a place in my weekly runs. revo's been sitting for months, had a esc issue, and i already bought replacement electronics and couldn't fix it.

yeah, i keep buying trucks for my dad who has COPD, and he don't get out like he used to, so that's why i have a lot of multiples of trucks.

Almost like buying RC's for the wife, knowing your gonna use em more than her lol

As i use em i'll post my review of them.

Lately we have been brining slashes and xmaxxes to the track. enjoy running the slashes in between xmaxx runs.
    Right now my slash 4x4 is the go to for when I wanna go fast. I have an xo1 converted to a short course truck that actually turned into a pretty good conversion that I was working on before my daughter was born. If I can finish that that will maybe fill that role, but a rig engineered from the ground up for that would probably be better.

Anyway I said all that to say that I could see me getting the udr to fill that void that the slash does right now. I do absolutely love the slash 4x4. I have an hcg set up as a MT trail type rig, an lcg set up for better handling/jumping type stuff.

I hesitate to spend that much money if I'll always find myself using the xmaxx anyway.

Mine is only the 6s model on stock power, but I'm finding it to be sufficient for my tastes. For now anyway. Now and then I need a little more punch, which may just be due to the 25c traxxas packs.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 03-15-2018 at 02:12 PM.

yeah, i felt the need to say we rocking slashes now, almost more than xmaxxes.

lol.

any pictures of your xo-1 SCT? Crazyxmaxx has a X-01MT. heavy sucker, but man shes fast on dirt with 3.8 revo badlands lol.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Yum, track dirt. I miss the days my town had track.

yeah, i felt the need to say we rocking slashes now, almost more than xmaxxes.

lol.

any pictures of your xo-1 SCT? Crazyxmaxx has a X-01MT. heavy sucker, but man shes fast on dirt with 3.8 revo badlands lol.
    Here is my build thread. This is pretty much how she still sits.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=9042185

RC poster
    when will after market parts come out for the erevo 2.0. im wanting to buy skidplate, front bumper, and dust guard.

thats sweet man, ya gonna get the short course 8 body?

Sc471a000

Not sure man, chop shops will start mass selling the parts soon. Traxxas didn't do too bad with coming out with parts availability after models come out. it might take a month or so for them to stock up and begin parts sales.

for the first phase i am sure they keep all the parts, just in case something was bad and they need to send that part for 30,000 people. my guess anyways.

month or two after release and parts will be for sale normally.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I decided im only gonna keep 1 2.0 revo, and get rid of the other 3.

got to clean old red, and get a accurate description of its condition, before i can get rid of her.

got to dig out the old brushed e-revo roller. the 2.0 is pretty solid.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

thats sweet man, ya gonna get the short course 8 body?

Sc471a000

Not sure man, chop shops will start mass selling the parts soon. Traxxas didn't do too bad with coming out with parts availability after models come out. it might take a month or so for them to stock up and begin parts sales.

for the first phase i am sure they keep all the parts, just in case something was bad and they need to send that part for 30,000 people. my guess anyways.

month or two after release and parts will be for sale normally.
    That's the plan if I finish it up. If I decide to thin the herd,it may go before I do.

RC Qualifier
    Buying a 2.0 roller would be way better than buying the retail kit, but you might have to wait awhile before rollers are available. The servos and ESCs aren't great, the motor isn't bad, but if you are buying an ESC buying a ESC/MOTOR combo you save a bunch, and any serious RCer does not use the stock radios. So I always buy rollers when I can so you dont waste money. Having top notch electronics is always best.

One of my 5000mah 3s lipos died right after Saturday or last last week, also last time i was able to run the revo 2.0

got 2 packs on order, may as well start off with new packs.

I listed my two old revo's on ebay, hopefully they sell for a decent price.

sales of the erevos will buy the batteries and a few hop up parts for the revo 2.0

i need to get spoiler screws first, as the spoiler ripped off.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube