RC poster

Driveshaft upgrade ?

Hi all I see there is a upgrade set of driveshafts for the mini Revo but there not listed under the mini summit parts so do they fit or are they too short. ? Why are they not listed if they do fit I donít want to buy them to find out there no good lol thanks

Since the rear A-arms of the Summit are slightly longer than the E-Revo ones, there is a risk that the rear drive shafts pop out. I have used the Traxxas metal drive shafts (the E-Revo upgrade) with Summit A-arms and never had that problem myself.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    You could also just use the stock mini revo plastic shafts. They are way better than the mini summit shafts, and you dont have to worry about them popping out....
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Since the rear A-arms of the Summit are slightly longer than the E-Revo ones, there is a risk that the rear drive shafts pop out. I have used the Traxxas metal drive shafts (the E-Revo upgrade) with Summit A-arms and never had that problem myself.
    I recently put in the metal drive shafts and replaced the A-arms with e-revo RPM A-ams, but im still having issues with the drive shaft popping out. It only seems to do it after jumps and/or crashes.
    It looks like the A-arm can extend just a bit more than resting position when im holding the car so that the arms hang freely, and that allows just enough space for it to pop out.

Does anyone know a solution? My guess was that the e-revo toe links are a bit shorter and prevent the A-arms from extending further than they should, but based on the parts lists i no longer think that is the case.

Its getting very annoying having to line up and pop in the drive shafts every 1-2 minutes
    Plz help

RC Racer
    The Summit uses long travel rocker arms. You can use the Merv rocker arms (TRA7158) so the arms do not have as much travel.

RC Champion
    yep. get the mini revo progressive rockers.
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    yep. get the mini revo progressive rockers.
    sadly, I just got the revo rockers and tested them out, but they still seem to pop out in the rear every time i jump or crash. Not sure what to do.

total build:
    1/16 summit
    revo metal drive shafts
    RPM rear a-arms (revo)
    revo progressive rockers
    aluminum wheel hubs

i kept the summit front a-arms and rockers cuz there were no issues there.

RC Champion
    First thing I would do is screw in all rear pillow balls a turn or two. I assume when you installed the RPM arms you did follow the directions on the number of turns you need to screw in each one? Its different front and rear so make sure you are looking at the right one.
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    First thing I would do is screw in all rear pillow balls a turn or two. I assume when you installed the RPM arms you did follow the directions on the number of turns you need to screw in each one? Its different front and rear so make sure you are looking at the right one.
    that did it, thanks!

RC poster
    Sooooo, everything was going great until I went bashing at my favorite spot.
    I ended up breaking one of the metal driveshaft hubs; which i honestly didn't think was possible.

Can I just buy a hub, or will i have to buy the whole driveshaft kit?

My images wont show up so heres a couple links
    https://ibb.co/d0Hc6c
    https://ibb.co/gCd6zx
    Last edited by brettamyers55; 04-02-2018 at 09:07 PM.

RC poster
    EDIT: Called traxxas and they are replacing the hub.

Great customer support

RC Competitor
    I have the same metal driveshafts in mine. Currently have a castle 1406 4600kv motor in mine but Have yet to run it with that much power. The issue seems to be that the drive shafts flex to much. When I jump the car its mostly fine but when I crash hard and the a arm flexes, it pops out. A way that I believe to fix this would just to upgrade to aluminum a arms which don't have any flex at all and they are tougher and stronger.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniSummit50Mph View Post
    I have the same metal driveshafts in mine. Currently have a castle 1406 4600kv motor in mine but Have yet to run it with that much power. The issue seems to be that the drive shafts flex to much. When I jump the car its mostly fine but when I crash hard and the a arm flexes, it pops out. A way that I believe to fix this would just to upgrade to aluminum a arms which don't have any flex at all and they are tougher and stronger.
    Aluminum a-arms wont flex, they will bend, and stay bent. If you plan to jump your truck, you dont want aluminum arms.
    Dacaur