RC Competitor
    The traxxas kit seems to be the only one that might work for sway bars
    if my erevo was a transformer it would destroy urs

RC Competitor
    Ok so current sway bars also work. With alittle cutting on the front brace

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    They are not the same. More material = stronger. I think you will prefer these.
    I guess I should have been more specific in my original question as I found out that indeed the original 5650R upgrade centre driveshafts do in fact fit the new e-revo.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tc_racer View Post
    I guess I should have been more specific in my original question as I found out that indeed the original 5650R upgrade centre driveshafts do in fact fit the new e-revo.
    They do not!
    As you can see in the picture, the “old ones” are longer. The old driveshafts can be used though. Although they are not as beefy as the new plastic center driveshaft. The new rear center drive shaft might work as axles for the old revo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    So far I figured that the a arms indeed are interchangeable! So are all of the steering components except the strut that connects steering linkage to bulkhead. The front and rear aluminum bulkhead ties are also interchangeable. Steering, toe links, and pushrods are interchangeable as well, however the new tie-rods are super beefy! Shocks, front and rear bumper, rear wing, servo guards, suspension rockers are all identical to the old Revo. I believe it’s marketing hype by Traxxas to claim 90% difference! Body mounts are interchangeable too, so you can run your old body on it and vise versa. The “old” upgraded driveshafts look tiny compared to the new one though. I love it and will run it probably tomorrow, after I installed my Savox servo and old shocks with variable pistons.

RC Competitor
    Traxxas sway bars work on it.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    So far I figured that the a arms indeed are interchangeable! So are all of the steering components except the strut that connects steering linkage to bulkhead. The front and rear aluminum bulkhead ties are also interchangeable. Steering, toe links, and pushrods are interchangeable as well, however the new tie-rods are super beefy! Shocks, front and rear bumper, rear wing, servo guards, suspension rockers are all identical to the old Revo. I believe it’s marketing hype by Traxxas to claim 90% difference! Body mounts are interchangeable too, so you can run your old body on it and vise versa. The “old” upgraded driveshafts look tiny compared to the new one though. I love it and will run it probably tomorrow, after I installed my Savox servo and old shocks with variable pistons.
    Some of the parts you mentioned are the same, but they are fairly insignificant parts. The rocker arms are not the same, however. There are subtle differences to make the new ones stronger.

Keep something else in mind: just because two parts look the same doesn't mean they are the same.

RC Racer
    Shock caps and piston rod end are beefed up as well.

RC Enthusiast
    They do not!
    As you can see in the picture, the “old ones” are longer. The old driveshafts can be used though. Although they are not as beefy as the new plastic center driveshaft. The new rear center drive shaft might work as axles for the old revo.

Still listed on the new e-revo 2.0 parts list. Also videos posted online of people installing them.
    *It was on the list. LOL. I have their PDF that they just seemed to have "updated". Too funny. There is a video online of the shafts being installed though.
    Wheelie bar also fits.
    Last edited by tc_racer; 03-15-2018 at 06:46 PM.

RC Racer
    Also, keep your “old” motor....the backplate on the new one is made out of plastic instead aluminum.....

RC Racer
    Still listed on the new e-revo 2.0 parts list. Also videos posted online of people installing them.
    *It was on the list. LOL. I have their PDF that they just seemed to have "updated". Too funny. There is a video online of the shafts being installed though.
    Wheelie bar also fits.
    The .pdf that comes with the truck simply lists all parts for both revos (even summit and 3.3) that doesn’t mean they’ll fit. The .pdf even says that the old rear chassis brace fits. of course it fits. If you remove the new one the old one will fit just as we’re used to. Can you post a links to the videos of folks that installed them?

RC Enthusiast
    The .pdf that comes with the truck simply lists all parts for both revos (even summit and 3.3) that doesn’t mean they’ll fit. The .pdf even says that the old rear chassis brace fits. of course it fits. If you remove the new one the old one will fit just as we’re used to. Can you post a links to the videos of folks that installed them?

The .pdf was from Traxxas website referring to 86086-4. It has since been revised. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePIygFzXrks&t=176s

RC Racer
    The .pdf was from Traxxas website referring to 86086-4. It has since been revised. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePIygFzXrks&t=176s
    That’s the oddest thing....mine are definitely too long and won’t fit. The dogbone end is actually past the hole that the pin for the drive cup goes through. Both, front and rear drive shafts. 🤯

Will still be interested to see if the bulkheads footprint is the same. I know it's designed different, but they essentially removed the internal diff case in lieu of forming the bulk around the diff. Kind of like the LST2 diff mod, except without removing material.

Granted, I haven't had diff issues with my ERBE running 4S. My issues are suspension related... and it appears they are using larger ball ends on the pushrods now. So, that's interesting...
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Shock caps and piston rod end are beefed up as well.

That's great! Guessing those will be able to apply to current revos!

RC Champion
    @dronenewbie: could you please post some pics of the outer part of the axle carrier with a wheel removed? I am interested to see the outer bearing, splined hub, ect.

Thank you!
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer

E Revo 2.0 Parts interchange

That’s the oddest thing....mine are definitely too long and won’t fit. The dogbone end is actually past the hole that the pin for the drive cup goes through. Both, front and rear drive shafts. 🤯

Here’s a comparison picture. I measured them today, and confirmed pretty much what I said before. My “old” revo shafts are both longer than the new ones. I measured “hole to hole” and guess what? 5mm (1/4”) longer than the new ones!
    Only reason I tried it again today is because a pebble or something got inside the skidplate somehow and chewed up my plastic driveshaft.....

Last edited by dronenewbie; 03-17-2018 at 12:06 PM.

RC Racer

Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    @dronenewbie: could you please post some pics of the outer part of the axle carrier with a wheel removed? I am interested to see the outer bearing, splined hub, ect.

Thank you!
    I had to take one off today anyways since something had wrapped around it.
    New one on the left, old one on the right. Pin is held in by a grub screw inside the axle. Pretty slick.

New one on the left, old one on the right. Pin is held in by a grub screw inside the axle. Pretty slick.

Nice, did they fix the problem of wheel slop in the 2.0? I haven’t heard it talked about any where.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUMA View Post
    Nice, did they fix the problem of wheel slop in the 2.0? I haven’t heard it talked about any where.
    Yep, they did.

RC Racer
    Drumroll..... old bulkhead in new chassis! I don’t see why the new ones should not fit in the old chassis as well!

RC Racer
    The new bulkheads will fit the old Revo with a simple Dremel modification! Picture is of the front, but the rear is the same. Since the new diff sticks out more, all you have to do is cut out the shape of the diff. Picture is of my Revo 3.3.
    All screw holes line up! For the new shock braces a few holes need to be drilled if one wants to install them.
    Once eBay chop shops start selling the Revo 2.0 parts, I will convert my 3.3 to the new one.

RC Champion

That's awesome! Thanks for posting these. I am super glad to see the shafts are 8mm and use the pin/grub screw like a buggy/truggy. outer bearing looks to be an 8x16mm.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    Wheels, Tires, Servo's, Transmitter, Receiver, Motor, Batteries, Shock Oil. These are the ones I have tested so far.

RC Competitor
    So basically if you want to upgrade the driveline to the 2.0, buy a chassis, diffs and bulkheads and possibly shafts. That’s got to be better than LST upgrade. Nice work folks

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin7 View Post
    So basically if you want to upgrade the driveline to the 2.0, buy a chassis, diffs and bulkheads and possibly shafts. That’s got to be better than LST upgrade. Nice work folks
    I have seen the first roller on eBay. It is just over $400 with over 2 days to go.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Its mine, i didn't expect it to go for almost the price of the complete truck, it started at .99 cents.

Crazy.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Ha, and I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn. Congrats fourdub!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin7 View Post
    And outer axles and outer axle carriers. Right? Maybe the stock outer sliders will fit the new diffs instead of the cups. I wish more companies used cups like traxxas does, where the outdrives are nubs with cups on them. Would make them a lot easier to shim and to replace cups when they get notches wore in them.

Still, going with OEM parts will be better than the LST mod since you won't have to grind down the alloy case or the inside of the bulks.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,
    sounds great, can someone already post an exact part list to uograde the driveline from 1.0 to 2.0?

Regards, Tom

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,

OK I give it a try.

Can someone confirm the following part list to upgrade the driveline from 1.0 to 2.0: (Or add items to it)

1x 8622 Chassis
    1x 8629 Bulkhead, rear
    1x 8630 Bulkhead, front
    2x 8679 Ring gear
    2x 8680 Differential gasket/ x-rings (?)
    2x 8681 Carrier, differential
    2x 8682 Gear set, differential
    2x 8683 Output gears
    2x 8655 Half shafts, center

Unsure if 2x 8680 (Differential gasket/ x-rings) are required.
    Can't find them in the exploded views. Most probably they are required.

Unsure if 8650, 8651, 8652, 8653 and 8635 are required.
    If the 8652 Drive Cups can be replaced by the old ones then probably not.

Unsure is 5343X is still fitting or if it is an error in the exploded view.
    From this thread I got that the 'strut that connects steering linkage to bulkhead' is new.
    But this would be a replacement then for 5343X, right?

Who can confirm the list or add the missing pieces?
    I will look up the approx. prices for these items then.

Ragards, Tom

RC Competitor
    Hi

You have to look at the rear assembly exploded view for the diff parts, "upper right corner". It looks like you can also get a aluminum diff cup to replace the stock plastic ones too.

https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/E-...-Rear-Assembly
    Last edited by ajdragon; 04-02-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdragon View Post
    Hi

You have to look at the rear assembly exploded view for the diff parts, "upper right corner". It looks like you can also get a aluminum diff cup to replace the stock plastic ones too.

https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/E-...-Rear-Assembly
    Yep:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8681X

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Yes, but that top right corner does not show 8680..

RC Competitor
    Hi

Part number 8680 is not needed if you get parts 8681 or 8681X, 8680 is a gasket and shim replacement kit.

Part 5343X looks to be beefier then the old one.

Now all we need to know is how big are the diff. out drives.
    Last edited by ajdragon; 04-03-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Hi
    “New Differentials
    These incredibly tough new 4-gear differentials are similar to those used in X-Maxx and feature larger 8mm output shafts, oversized bearings, and beefed-up spider gears for reliable performance, stunt after stunt.”
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Champion
    I've found my Xmas present. LoL

Anyone wanna buy an ERBE 1.0(?) I'm kidding this should go in the Marketplace
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by te973 View Post
    Yes, but that top right corner does not show 8680..
    Looks like it comes with 8681 or 8681X though. So, if your buying either of those, you will get the gasket.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi

Part number 8680 is not needed if you get parts 8681 or 8681X, 8680 is a gasket and shim replacement kit.

Part 5343X looks to be beefier then the old one.

So, that means 5343 fits and 5343X is not required but is stronger?
    On the pictures earlier in this thread it looks like the new part that connects the steering to the bulkhead is wider.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    “New Differentials
    These incredibly tough new 4-gear differentials are similar to those used in X-Maxx and feature larger 8mm output shafts, oversized bearings, and beefed-up spider gears for reliable performance, stunt after stunt.”
    Hmmm. Still not 100% clear to me.
    If the old drive shafts cannot be connected to the new diff outdrives then most probably a lot of other parts are required, at
    least 8650-8653/54, 8635, maybe even further bearings. This might then be financially unattractive and a 2.0 roller would
    be the only option...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast