RC poster

Incorrect battery level

Hi guys

My link app is showing incorrect battery level for my x Maxx , itís showing 6 volts and red in battery level in the top right of the app. Iím running the latest firmware on the x Maxx and the latest iOS app. Could it still be app related or something else.
    Cheers

https://youtu.be/cktFVXd5-cg

RC Competitor
    I noticed this as well, after a little testing I figured out the issue. The battery level for the app (upper right hand corner) uses the RX voltage sensor. If it is plugged in a spare port on the RX it will read BEC voltage, that's why you are seeing 6 volts. To see actual battery voltage you need to tap off your batts. The new vxl8 telemetry can see battery voltage but it doesn't report that to the battery icon on the upper right of the screen. FYI....If you unplug the voltage sensor from the RX and don't hook it up to the batts you WILL LOOSE your motor temp.
    Last edited by ErickZ71; 02-15-2018 at 08:41 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ71 View Post
    I noticed this as well, after a little testing I figured out the issue. The battery level for the app (upper right hand corner) uses the RX voltage sensor. If it is plugged in a spare port on the RX it will read BEC voltage, that's why you are seeing 6 volts. To see actual battery voltage you need to tap off your batts. The new vxl8 telemetry can see battery voltage but it doesn't report that to the battery icon on the upper right of the screen. FYI....If you unplug the voltage sensor from the RX and don't hook it up to the batts you WILL LOOSE your motor temp.
    So what would you do if you do not have the new VXL8 ESC any more? I changed mine out a long time ago, but I would love to have my telemetry would read the correct battery volts. I have a hobbywing Max 6 ESC now, 8s batteries, Telemetry expander with GPS.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintAX41 View Post
    So what would you do if you do not have the new VXL8 ESC any more? I changed mine out a long time ago, but I would love to have my telemetry would read the correct battery volts. I have a hobbywing Max 6 ESC now, 8s batteries, Telemetry expander with GPS.

I’ve now changed out my VXL8 for a max 5 and would like to get my telemetry back too.