Thread: More Problems!

RC Competitor

More Problems!

My Aton Has been working great and awesome. I have owned it now for over a month, and it is a lot of fun. I can now fly I think really well on 100 percent pitch rates on expert mode, but I'm still to scared to do flips. I also still stick to lower yaw, since it allows for easier turns. However, upon inspection, I have noticed there might be some damaged components, of course, I am like the king of breakages and making a trillion thread posts. Anyway, here are the "Damages."

1. Motors- When I got my Aton for Christmas, i realized one of the motors likes to I guess "skip." I don't know the exact term, but when it would stop spinning, it would wobble back and forth more than the others. When I turned it, I would also like to catch sometimes. I was also curious enough to try to take off the tiny little grub screw that holds on the rotor on the motor. When I did it to to motors, I would notice there was a sound similar to a spark. When I checked in the windings, they look sort of white, like they have been cut. It still flies fine but really. ALSO, Im pretty sure on one of the motor screw holes on a motor, which hold the propellors/rotors in, is stripped. I can't get one of the screws down there.

2. Connectors- Im pretty sure this is normal, since I looked up pictures of this but, just to make sure, I have noticed the connectors on the Aton, where the battery plugs in is slightly elevated, like its bent. Again, I'm pretty sure this is normal, but just asking if it is or isn't.

3. Canopy and Roll Hoop cover. I feel like they do not sit properly on my Aton, I tried to push them in, take of the rear canopy while the main canopy is on and put the rear canopy back with the main canopy already on (confusing, I know ). It doesn't affect the flight performance, but I find it annoying

4. LED Status Light Frames- Oh, thank god this is about to be over. I noticed on one side that the plastic frame where the LED Status Lights and Lenses, NOT themselves is slightly cracked.

Its kind of sad, but I won't mind to much if problems 2 and 4 don't affect the performance of this quad at all. But still, does anyone know how to fix these problems? Should I just send my Aton to Traxxas?

RC Racer
    Spare parts are fairly cheap, and things just break. I don’t think Traxxas will fix something that can be related to a crash. Maybe the skipping of the motor is something they’ll address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Does it fly when you want it too? Do all the controls work the way they are supposed to? do the safety features, “RTH” “Airbrakes” etc function properly? If the answer is yes to all these questions, take it out and fly it! Don’t waste time worrying about all things you mentioned because when you crash it, and you will crash it, everything you’re complaining about litterally won’t matter any more. What will matter is getting it back together again. I’m just say’n. When I got my first Aton (I have 2) I was like you, then I realized perfection is only necessary if you never fly it.

RC Qualifier
    Any time I've had a motor skip , it's always been a loose connection on one of the 3 wires where it connects to the tails off thr main board .A quick re-crimp and all good

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidoo View Post
    Any time I've had a motor skip , it's always been a loose connection on one of the 3 wires where it connects to the tails off thr main board .A quick re-crimp and all good
    I don't think that is the case, since when i first got it, I noticed that right when it came out of the package. Still flew fine, but still faulty I guess. Theres also another motor which one of the holes which the propellor attaches to is stripped. So now, thats $90!!! Even MORE if you count my damaged canopy and roll hoop cover.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by feverdog11 View Post
    I don't think that is the case, since when i first got it, I noticed that right when it came out of the package. Still flew fine, but still faulty I guess. Theres also another motor which one of the holes which the propellor attaches to is stripped. So now, thats $90!!! Even MORE if you count my damaged canopy and roll hoop cover.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F331755266970

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by feverdog11 View Post
    I would still check the connections ... It'll take 10 minutes probably

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thanks for these replies, especially the source to inexpensive motors (you are a god hemidoo ). It seems like I always break my RCs, which is why I keep ranting. And sorry about not responding to the first reply, yes I can fly it pretty much whenever i want to, except, when a propellor is broken, and theres rain/ snow.

RC Competitor
    MORE problems. This has always bugged me. I feel like I can not get the canopy on right. There is always a gap between it and the roll hoop cover. Fixes? Also, is there a fix for a stripped motor-propellor screw?

RC Qualifier
    Unless the canopy or roll hoop are are not on quite right, mine at least has no gaps. Kinda hard to imagine where the Gap is on yours... Could you maybe post a pic so we can see it?
    You might be able to find a tap for the motor screw hole and re-tap the threads but, those motors hemidoo linked you are an amazing price. I would just.replace.it and go on. .
    Last edited by spoonerrw; 02-24-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Competitor
    Sorry, but how do you upload pictures on here? I have them, but when I dragged the image into the message board, they just turned into the link of the pictures. Or maybe is that the correct way?

RC Qualifier
    there are instructions here somewhere that explain how to post pics, but the link would work too. as long as it gets us to an image we can see, it would help with figuring out why the gap is there.

I just use the link my image host supplies for image posting and that has always worked for me. right above the texting block here, there are some icons. hover over the one next to the video icon and it says "insert image". im pretty sure that is what you use to insert the image link.

RC Competitor
    [IMG]IMG_2483.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_2484.jpg[/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    We're these added from your pc hard drive, or from an image hosting site? They look like from a PC, but not sure? They are not linking to anything.

Create a free account here https://postimages.org/
    Upload a picture, then choose share/hotlink for forums and paste in the reply here...

RC Competitor
    I actually called Traxxas Support about this issue, and emailed them the picture of the GPS. They said it was normal, and that it was usual for these devices to have some discoloration in them. I guess my definition of burnt is wrong . There was also an issue with the transmitter, where the AUX 2 button would not press down properly. Ill actually be sending it in. Rather than that, everything looks good! (P.S. - thanks for all the help).