RC Competitor

Hot Racing Shocks Any Good?

Hello
    Title says it all. Are these shocks any good because I see mixed reviews on Amazon and eBay.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-LT...=latrax+shocks
    Teton, rustler vxl, summit; what's next?

RC Qualifier
    I was in the same boat as you a year ago a lot of mixed reviews,good and bad. So i ended up buying 8 TD110X06 the 110 mm shocks for my Emaxx and i love them, they stand the truck up pretty good with 70wt and have taken a beating through a lot of mud and water.
    I've bent a couple of shafts on some extreme awkward landings which have straightened out fairly easy and have since ordered replacements.
    A lot of bad reviews on leaking seals but i've had no issues and i would buy them again, that being said i never had an issue with the stock which i run on the other 2 trucks this was a scratch build.
    The shaft diameter and the color is what i wanted and took the chance with no regrets.

I realize were talking 2 different vehicle sizes but the quality IMO is well made.

If I were you, I wouldn't. I don't have any experience with hot racing shocks, but I wouldn't do to bad reviews. I have been running the Traxxad GTR shocks and I have gotten in a bunch of bad crashes on ramps, going 50mph down the road and hitting my brother's 1/16 slash vxl going the opposite direction and the shocks have never bent, or broken. https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-7665-...xas+gtr+shocks I have had them for over 2 years, and have replaced nothing other than a few retainers at the bottom because they fell out. You will have to use a small zip tie to keep the bottom retainers in place. I am gonna have to replace the seals soon, but the shocks will last me forever
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC poster
    I heard a lot of people break the factory shocks. I like the way the factory oil filled shocks feel. I heard if you install the factory shocks upside down they are less prone to breaks and still perform the same. Has anybody done this? I did it to mine and all seems well and shocks are not broken yet.

RC poster
    My 6 year old son broke a front shock today. He wasn't doing anything crazy. Although it may have gotten damaged in previous crashes. I'm thinking of buying another complete car to get spare parts from. When I add up the cost of spare parts, I can just as well buy another complete car. Or should I just buy aluminium parts instead of plastic?

If you buy a new car, that's not fixing any problems. And, you will eventually run out of parts, so I recommend getting only certain aluminum parts, and get the Traxxas GTR shocks.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    If you buy a new car, that's not fixing any problems. And, you will eventually run out of parts, so I recommend getting only certain aluminum parts, and get the Traxxas GTR shocks.
    The shocks are part TRX 7665 right?
    Can I just replace the standard shocks with the GTR ones? Do I need other mounting thingies (Pivot Balls? Screws?) If someone could direct me to the part number, that would be great!
    Last edited by Oswald Otte; 05-03-2018 at 04:55 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Otte View Post
    The shocks are part TRX 7665 right?
    Can I just replace the standard shocks with the GTR ones? Do I need other mounting thingies (Pivot Balls? Screws?) If someone could direct me to the part number, that would be great!
    I just ordered the GTR online. The shop said the bolts are included.

RC poster
    I just ordered the GTR online. The shop said the bolts are included.
    Finally received the shocks. Mounted them yesterday. Rebound seems a bit slow. I'll give them a test this weekend. They look a bit more durable then the stock shocks.

RC Competitor
    Finally received the shocks. Mounted them yesterday. Rebound seems a bit slow. I'll give them a test this weekend. They look a bit more durable then the stock shocks.
    Really? Did you adjust the collars to tighten them down?

RC poster
    What oil weight are you guys using? I'm planning on getting these HR shocks as the Traxxas ones are half the price of the whole vehicle lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk