Thread: Need advice

RC poster

Need advice

Hi guys,

So I have been wanting a fast in a straight line rc for a while now and I'm fixing to pull the trigger on one. And I was wondering how the traxxas funny car was. I like the car looks wise but I'm wondering how it does on pavement that is not pristine or has small gravel on it here and there

RC poster
    I got one a few months ago used, but have only played with it a couple if times. Any go fast in a straight line car will not like bumps or gravel.

RC poster
    Thanks for that I have another question for you all. How fast are these on nimh batteries. I'm trying to decide what to get and had a Lipo explode in a car before and catch fire due to a high speed crash and went back to nimh as I've never had that happen with those. Are they still quick or do you have to have Lipo to get to that 70mph mark?

Nimh maybe at full charge but it will drop off very quickly. Lipo will deliver more amps more consistently and over a longer period of time.

No need to fear lipo if it is properly secured. But again if extreme forces such as a violent crash happen then yes lipo can become a torch.
    The Super Derecho