Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have bigger problems, I need custom length axles. I spent about 45 min. at my lhs measuring and comparing MIP products to no avail. I may buy a cheaper x duty set and alter them. Email out to MIP tomorrow, you can't talk to anyone on the phone. This may get interesting....

If you need longer/shorter MIP X-duty axle segments they do produce several versions. But they may require you to order them directly and this is only because of how they control warranties.

Get this, I have been emailing back and forth to MIP and finally got a phone call from them to answer my questions. Lucky for me, I work maybe 15 minutes from them so I have an appointment to bring my rig by so they can see it and can get some axles for that sucker. Happy days!!!! Great support from their tech service dept, they rock!!!

Nice! I live about 20 minutes from them and would love to stop and check out their place (and pick up a new set of X-Duties).

Let us know how it goes!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    The LEM diff parts look awsome and I want to use some of their parts in my own build but the website is not working. Does anyone know if this is just a technical glitch or have they gone the way of the dodo???

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Nice! I live about 20 minutes from them and would love to stop and check out their place (and pick up a new set of X-Duties).

Let us know how it goes!
    First off, I'm loving made in the USA. So Deadbolt axles with 6mm stubs along with Slash front hubs at the wheels = MIP for me!!!!! 99% overlap to insure no breakage. Impressive operation, the whole shop is so clean you could eat off the floor, and with the machinery running, quiet as a whistle. Hey UDR guys, you have some treats coming down the pike.

Nice. Glad they were able to get the custom lengths you needed. That says a lot for a company.

They didn't let you take some "covert shots" of the shop by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBugg View Post
    Nice. Glad they were able to get the custom lengths you needed. That says a lot for a company.

They didn't let you take some "covert shots" of the shop by chance?
    Macfab also is a member of rcc. He posted pics of the shop there!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Not about jacking the OP and wasn't sure if the mods would get ruffled. RCC has a couple pics, I'm guessing shop tours or visitors per say aren't the norm there. That said, I was introduced to pretty much everyone there. So, FYI, all MIP axles and driveshafts (X Duty) have the exact same female and male splines and cvd ends if you will, so you can mix and match from various "models". They are working on a page for people to calculate custom lengths like my application. They also have different length stubs to fine tune lengths as well. Minimum overlap is 3/8" if that matters.

Bump in honor of the great Shack351...

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Mine aren't as extreme but I am only going to be running 4S at max. Mine still have the plastic cups and XO-1 gears with the 5mm output shafts with X-rings. Sadly still waiting on my LEM O-rings.
    I did later upgrade to the 6mm output shafts but still rocking them stock diff cups.

Bump in honor of the great Shack351...this is still the best diff thread please read if you have the tolerance.
    Last edited by zedorda; 03-24-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shack351 View Post
    Ok fellas, I've spent quite a few hours trying to come up with what I believe is the ultimate Bulletproof Slash Diff. Let it be known that I have been trying to build a diff that will handle 12S for a while now. My previous versions have been strong but this new version is guaranteed to be the strongest diff that you can build for your Slash with available, on the market products… PERIOD!!! This particular build utilizes MIP X-Duty axles because what else would you use for the ultimate in strength and durability!

***A special shout-out to BadAssRC for locating & posting the final piece for this project… the Spiral Diff

Here is the parts breakdown -

LEM-116 Diff Cup V2 Combo Kit
    * Aluminum Cup
    * Hardened Spiders
    * Hardened Shaft
    * O-Rings
    * Longer Hardened Screws (14mm compared to 10mm stock)

LEM-230 Hardened I-Bar

Traxxas 5379R - Front - Hardened Spiral-Cut Ring Gear

Traxxas 6879R - Rear - Hardened Spiral-Cut Ring Gear

Traxxas 5382X - Hardened Output Gears - 6mm Shaft

MIP 08137 Spline CVD Hub 6mm Bore E-Revo

MIP X-Duty Axles - MIP10130 & MIP10132

-Shack

Where do you get these kinds of diff cups and hardware? Ive tried clicking on the links says error on page and ive tried looking everywhere online. Id love to have a pair of these diffs.
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    Id love to have a pair of these diffs.
    Agreed. I think they look good to go.
    Slash Ultimate, Slash 2wd, TRX-4 Defender & Sport

Quote Originally Posted by T-N-T View Post
    Agreed. I think they look good to go.
    Hopefully someone out there knows where to get them or knows more information. Those diffs should come stock on every rc or atleast traxxas models. You would never have to really worry just keep up with normal maintenance.

The cups and kit are from LEM aka Leading Edge Machining. They are in the process of putting up a new store, you can follow them on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/LeadingEdgeMachining/

Can you order from them as of right now some how?

Thank you for the link as well.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-25-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: merge

Not that I know of but I haven't looked into it either.

I have been periodically posting on the Leading Edge Machine Facebook page trying to connect with LEM to get some parts and o-rings. After a few back and forth comments I was redirected to contact Chelsea Deana Stump and that she could get me what I wanted. To my pleasant surprize Chelsea Deana Stump is the Owner/Founder of LEM also formally Charles Stump. The transition is one of the main reasons why LEM as been down. But LEM is coming back greater than ever and you can contact Chelsea through her facebook page for their top quality parts and o-rings. It may take some time to fill orders since they have big plans to finish getting the store back up. Until then she will be posting some stuff on eBay soon but feel free to send messages on facebook to send orders.

https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.deana.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12