RC poster

Rustler xl-5 gearing question

New to the hobby and just wondering, have a xl-5 rustler and tryed for the first time the 28t and 86 spur and wow it was fast, just curious if i can keep the 86 on and run the stock 16t pinion and if this will just incease the speed a little, with the 16t and 90 spur it barely gets warm and just curious about a little more speed without losing to much pep. Mostly on gravel and yard bashing, ran the 28t on road of course, or should i go back to the 90 spur and look into say a 18t pinion, runing 8.4 nimh
    Last edited by Kpuptious; 02-18-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Just a heads up, this is the rustler forums
    https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisp...ost&order=desc
    I ask way to many questions

RC poster
    Yeah i realizedafter i posted i asked on wrong forum but i only get one a day so i have to wait lol

RC Racer
    Yes, I would keep the the 86 spur and experiment with pinions. Put the stock 16 in and see how you like it. If you are not getting hot and still want more speed, look into a set of pinion gears. I honestly donít remember where or how much it was, but I got a set of five pinions from 15-23 for my Stampedes. You should be able to find some middle ground between the 16 and 28 you already have. Have fun, even if your posts accidentally end up in the wrong forum!

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice