RC poster

Track Ready 4TEC

Just thought I would post up some pics of my 4tec 2.0 Enjoy!

https://i.imgur.com/ZX0GgDg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/1c3dDME.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/fcR8a9Y.jpg

Looks slow.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    Just thought I would post up some pics of my 4tec 2.0 Enjoy!

https://i.imgur.com/ZX0GgDg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/1c3dDME.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/fcR8a9Y.jpg
    Looks awesome, we need specs.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Sure here is the electronics/upgrades installed.

-Tekin RSX ESC
    -Futaba 9551 SERVO
    -Futaba 4PLS TX/RX
    -Motiv 13.5 MOTOR
    -STRC Aluminum Motor Mount
    -STRC Graphite Shock Towers
    -Associated Titanium Turnbuckles
    -Associated 8.5mm Front Hexes
    -GMADE Rear 10mm Hexes
    -Traxxas Steel Center Driveshaft
    -Traxxas Steel Drive shafts Front and Rear
    -Traxxas Sway bar kit
    -Traxxas Adjustable Hinge Pin Mounts
    -Robinson Racing 26T PINION
    -Sweep Racing 28 Shore Tires
    -Protoform P37R Body

RC poster
    Nice build!

How big spour do you run?

What kind of shock springs and fluid?
    Diff setup?

//Andreas

RC poster
    Iam running the stock 70T spur since iam using a lot of turbo/boost in the ESC. Iam still playing around with shock setup. I took the stock 2 hole pistons out and installed the 3 hole pistons to soften it up a bit. The stock suspension setup it to stiff and will cause the car to bounce and loose a lot of traction. For oil I went with Associated 37.5 in the front and 32.5 in the rear. Iam using ARC springs front and rear. You will always want a stiffer front spring compared to the rear for stability and traction. For the diffs, iam running 50K in the front and 10K in the rear. Hope this helps!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for sharing the info. I have hardly driven mine at our local carpet track. Stripped the plastic servo gears last nite. They need to put metal gears in the 2075s. Slid into a wall and money just fell out of my wallet! I will rebuild with the metal gears. Any good source for buying? If not I will just replace with a Savox like I did with my Slash 4x4.

RC poster
    Check out tqrcracing.com I get a lot of my stuff from there. They have a lot of cool hardware as well.

RC Competitor
    That's some helpful info right there, I love reading people's specs, it's a huge help.

I only run on tarmac (black top for you yanks ) I have two questions, what's the stock shock fluid? and what do you all recommend for tarmac bashing?

Thanks in advance guys.

RC poster
    The stock shock oil is 30 weight with 2 hole pistons. I would recommend to put the 3 hole pistons in with 40 weight in the front, and 35 in the rear. I would also go with a softer spring. I ran the Traxxas orange stripe spring (part# 8365) in the front, and Traxxas white stripe spring (part#8366) in the rear. Try and keep the ride height at about 5.5mm-6mm depending on the surface. That helped with the car to "roll" more in the corner and transfer weight to the front/rear better which intern gave more traction. Also don't forget to sauce the tires before hitting the track or parking lot. If you don't have any tire sauce, try Trinity Red Dot. Hope this helps!

RC Competitor
    The stock shock oil is 30 weight with 2 hole pistons. I would recommend to put the 3 hole pistons in with 40 weight in the front, and 35 in the rear. I would also go with a softer spring. I ran the Traxxas orange stripe spring (part# 8365) in the front, and Traxxas white stripe spring (part#8366) in the rear. Try and keep the ride height at about 5.5mm-6mm depending on the surface. That helped with the car to "roll" more in the corner and transfer weight to the front/rear better which intern gave more traction. Also don't forget to sauce the tires before hitting the track or parking lot. If you don't have any tire sauce, try Trinity Red Dot. Hope this helps!
    That helps more than you will ever know. Thanks bro.

RC poster
    Sure here is the electronics/upgrades installed.

-Tekin RSX ESC
    -Futaba 9551 SERVO
    -Futaba 4PLS TX/RX
    -Motiv 13.5 MOTOR
    -STRC Aluminum Motor Mount
    -STRC Graphite Shock Towers
    -Associated Titanium Turnbuckles
    -Associated 8.5mm Front Hexes
    -GMADE Rear 10mm Hexes
    -Traxxas Steel Center Driveshaft
    -Traxxas Steel Drive shafts Front and Rear
    -Traxxas Sway bar kit
    -Traxxas Adjustable Hinge Pin Mounts
    -Robinson Racing 26T PINION
    -Sweep Racing 28 Shore Tires
    -Protoform P37R Body
    On 2s or 3s?

RC Qualifier

Track Ready 4TEC

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsMike View Post
    Thanks for sharing the info. I have hardly driven mine at our local carpet track. Stripped the plastic servo gears last nite. They need to put metal gears in the 2075s. Slid into a wall and money just fell out of my wallet! I will rebuild with the metal gears. Any good source for buying? If not I will just replace with a Savox like I did with my Slash 4x4.
    Donít use a savox because it will rub on the bell crank you have to use metal inside servo or get 2075x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I did redid the shocks just like this and got TiNi shafts and after driving it a few times I can say it really soaks up the bumps. It's fun to watch the suspension work; also I don't get as many rocks in the bellcrank it seems, I think it rolls over the rocks instead of kicking them up. The body rolls enough to not eat up the sidewalls to lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Donít use a savox because it will rub on the bell crank you have to use metal inside servo or get 2075x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a 1258tg there was enough plastic on the case to trim for clearance and not make a hole in it. Later I bought an alloy bellcrank and I clearanced it as well.