Thread: Gearing

RC poster

Gearing

I have a rustler xl-5, looking to upgrade to the vxl system, i am currently running 16t with the 86 spur and its a great balance, could i run the 28t with the 86 oncei get the vxl system or should i gear down to say 24/86 for genral bashing on gravel and low grass and dirt, ive got bearings coming and new metal yokes coming for the drives, and also plan on doing castor and carriers to the trx ones but want to make sure i have good gearing and everything ready before i order the vxl system, i would have to get it all setup and not have the gearing i need, and would be nice to use my 86 or 90 spur, for now be runnin on 8.4 melasta and traxxas packs, and have one 9.6 pack, lipo in the future but oncethe money is there thanks in advance

I don't know if this helps if you click on it, I believe it will enlarge it.
    Last edited by lektro; 02-20-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    He has an xl 5 it's not a vxl. So that gearing is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by MySlashROCKS View Post
    He has an xl 5 it's not a vxl. So that gearing is incorrect
    I see that is what he has, but he is converting to the VXL system I think he said.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Thanks that does help so with nimh at 25/86 i should be good for all around it seems then once i get me some lipos i can up it in and i do have the stock 28 also which is in the yellow, good to know and have that chart for ref, and yes your right im getting brushless upgrade soon

RC poster
    Also im guessing that going from a 14.63 ratio i have now to something in the 9.5 to 10.5 om going to see a huge differnce correct