RC Qualifier

Just got my slash in! Love it, have some questions about more upgrades

Hi guys, I really like my 2wd slash brushed, very affordable, took all the abuse I threw at it... Its my race truck really. I got 3rd place in stock class racing, had a ball, no issues with my titan 12t. Keep it clean with blowing it out with compressed air and occasionally lube the bushings... I have questions about the traxxas upgrade belcrank.

I don't like how TRA3743A the traxxas uprade part is like a two piece deal with how the arms are pressed onto the posts with those hexes. I heard one guy at the local track had it come apart. What do you guys think about it? Most seem to like it.

I don't like STRC at all, not trying to delve into off topic items, but on my axial crawler, I got STRC's "upgrade" c hubs. Should have just thrown that money away, because they fit way looser than the stock plastic c hubs onto the axle(stock was a nice tight fit). Just concerns me STRC stuff is no good in terms of tolerance.

Would you guys reccomend the STRC version of the stock traxxas part? ST3743XB
    Talking to the owner of the shop, he said, the aftermarket non traxxas belcranks cannot be the same due to possible similar dimensions then making copyright/patent issues...

Upgrades I have so far on my slash:
    Red traxxas upgrade shock caps, and thats it... Trying to fix body rub with some sort of gorilla tape or something as the paint already got damaged. Also looking at pro-line blockades for tires

Thanks
    -Spence
    Last edited by Spencer911; 02-20-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Congrats on the race!!!!

Compared to the old Traxxas Stinkers (Stingers), the Titans are a much better motor. With just a little bit of care and feeding they will be a reliable power plant.

I have never had a problem with STRC equipment, and I have found their tolerances to be quite good for most things. I have had their C-hubs on my SCX10 and Wraith and had not issues with them. The biggest problem I have had with them, is when you mix and match aftermarket parts. These parts are made to work with the OEM parts, but their measurement may not be exactly like the part they replace, so when you try to use two aftermarket parts from different companies in the same assembly, you often have fitment issues to work around.

If you are worried about aftermarket tolerances, recommend getting a set of Traxxas aluminum cranks.

As far as the paint rub goes, there are at least a dozen different good and effective fixes for it. I smear Shoe-Goo anywhere it looks like the body will rub the chassis, and also put it around the body post holes. Find what method you like best and go with it.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man, that bellcrank will be a durability upgrade for sure I just love the idea of stock class racing, its just so fun because we are all so equally matched. Some trucks were out of the box trucks like mine.

IMO for the money the 2wd slash is the most fun. Going to get tires, and the belcrank next...

Where should I go for means of the steering servo saver? I'm going to get a savox SC0251 gear set to make the gears more durable, but should I leave the stock servo saver alone?

I have never used them, but a lot of people swear by Kimbrough servo savers, they are supposed to have a lot less slip. Another popular mod is switching to 4WD Slash bell cranks with the servo saver built in. I have used the proline version of this on my 2WD Slash when I was racing, it works very good and has adjustable tension for the servo saver.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I had the traxxas aluminum bellcrank in my rustler and after awhile the holes in the drag link started to wear out which created a lot of slop, I'd imagine the strc version would do the same but every other part I've had from them has been fine. I ended up replacing mine with the hot racing carbon fiber/aluminum version TE48G01, it has brass bushing so it should hopefully last longer.
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton