RC Racer

Body Held On With 10 Screws?

There's a YouTube Vid by a guy who has the UDR and he claims the body is held on with 10 screws. Seems a strange way to go. Anyone know for sure?

I heard that too but as far as i know it doesn't need to be taken off for most maintenance and the batteries go in from the bottom so it doesn't seem like it should be an issue.
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton

RC Racer
    In another video, you can power on the ESC just by reaching in from the back window.

RC Enthusiast
    yup screws. i saw a video where he showed taking off the bottom skid plate and thats how the motor and gears are accessed. battery is also loaded into the bottom.

RC Racer
    Originally I said 10 screws. It's actually 12! It appears you have to remove the body to access the Receiver.

Traxxas Employee
    The body is mounted very securely to the chassis and doesn't jiggle around. There's not much reason to remove it. Maintenance is performed from underneath. You access the ESC through the back window. I suppose you might need to remove it if the truck is absolutely caked in mud, but if the truck is that dirty, you're looking at a tear-down cleaning anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 06redssr View Post
    Originally I said 10 screws. It's actually 12! It appears you have to remove the body to access the Receiver.
    How often do you get your receiver out?