RC Racer
    Wow. Hobbywing really?

RC Qualifier
    I don't believe most manufactures claiming high C numbers with skinny cables... my SLS with 25C seems more powerful then Pro match racing 100C with ridicules thin cables and gets warmer under load... weird! Premium batteries doesn't come cheap... Batteries do cause problems, who knows...

Anyone seen this?

C-ratings refer to cells only, not to battery packs as a system. I still don’t believe many C claims.

However, after reading the previous posts I have to agree with the man from SMC. It is a slimy thing to do to blame a reputable battery company for failure of one’s own ESC products. I know HW has a lot of fanboys here, but their products have been known to spontaneously ignite now and then. Anyone remember the WP-8SC fires? I do. (Not to mention the often reported inaccurate LVC function.) I wonder which battery company was to blame for those.

I don’t recommend batteries any longer, but I will recommend people. I think Danny is one of the very best, and a voice you can trust.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-21-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    C-ratings refer to cells only, not to battery packs as a system. I still don’t believe many C claims.
    http://web.mit.edu/evt/summary_batte...ifications.pdf

according to that link, c-rating does refer to the whole battery pack, not JUST an individual cell. although, i also don't believe c-rating claims either.

Anyone seen this?

Quote Originally Posted by gryzor View Post
    http://web.mit.edu/evt/summary_batte...ifications.pdf

according to that link, c-rating does refer to the whole battery pack, not JUST an individual cell. although, i also don't believe c-rating claims either.
    In my understanding it does not. I understand the article you linked to be using the word “battery” as a synonym of “cell.”
    We run battery “packs” in our vehicles. They have multi-cell configurations for the most part. A pack of batteries...multiple cells...same thing.
    Furthermore, it makes no sense from a standardization point of view that changing wire size or length should change the rating. That is why batteries (cells) are tested by connecting directly to the cell tabs, not to a wire or terminal connector.
    See this from Revolectrix:
    Battery C Rating - The C rating of a battery (or cell) is used to indicate the continuous current draw (amps) the cell will support. By multiplying the C rating times the cell capacity in milliamperehours (mAh), the continuous current in milliamperes (mA) of a cell is easily calculated. Example - For a 2000 mAh battery with a 15C rating, the continuous current that may be drawn out of the battery is 2000 mAh x 15 = 30000 mA, or 30 Amps (A) (divide by 1000). There is also another rating that is applicable to a battery known as peak or "burst" current discharge rating. Peak current is higher than continuous C rating. It indicates that a battery will deliver higher current than the C rating for brief instances. For ease of calculations, LiPo Calc does not take peak current into account. This figure varies widely with battery type and in most applications is not required for calculating a suitable battery pack configuration. Instead, LiPo Calc calculates battery pack configurations such that current draw will never exceed the continous C rating of the battery. Of course, the calculation is only as good as the inputs supplied, so make certain to enter an accurate number in the Amps field. If you aren't sure how many amps your specific motor/prop/gear train configuration pulls, use an amp meter to measure the current draw between the motor and the ESC in static condition using a known good power source of approximately the same voltage as the LiPo configuration you intend to use. Put that number into the Amps field.
    The “battery (or cell)” phrase in the first sentence is not a differentiation such as “black or white” but rather an equation such as “goose (or waterfowl.)” Ain’t English fun?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Danny admits to inaccurate c ratings but he said he’s just trying to keep up with the competitions lies, lol.

There’s no such thing as true 100c, lol. There’s a couple manufacturers who are somewhat honest for the most part.

RC poster

Anyone seen this?

The link I posted was not about C ratings but rather SMC being accused of a irregular current and the effect it has on electronics. Below is the text from that Facebook post

It is available above. No reason to repeat.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-22-2018 at 06:50 PM.