Thread: Proline Parts

RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb Proline Parts

Im looking at painting up my own body for my sl4sh and thinking about getting the proline silverado short course body (model #3307) I was wondering if the proline body mounts are adjustable to fit the stock body mount holes because I'm still going to want to run the stock body, jack it up a little so the tires dont ever rub (and body clips can be annoying lol) and i could just put the same mounting holes in a new body. I'm also looking at new tires because spring is almost here and I've just been running the stock tires in the snow because they seem to do just fine. I'm looking at either Badland SCs or Trencher SCs for the short course trucks. I would be running in mostly grass fields, some dirt and gravel roads, maybe some snow if it doesnt go away anytime soon, and maybe the occasional run up and down the street drag racing my freinds' RCs haha.. just wondering if anyone can tell me the pros and cons of each tire and if they had expierence with them, and the same thing with the body mounts. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    If your painting your own the clear body shells I've seen don't have any holes so you just need to set it where you want and poke some dimples with your reamer or whatever so their marked and then paint and ream them out after.
    As far as tires I've never tried the Badlands but I'm running the Trenchers and love them and they've never seen pavement lol. They run nice in sand pits, mud, grass, water lol and they climb really nice and wheelie no problem on gravel roads.

As far as body clips I stopped using them and now I use the double sided rubber grommets 6x12 and they push down over the posts and in bad crashes the body comes off and doesn't shatter anymore. I've had less carnage using them, the RPM posts are a little bigger then stock so I just put some Vaseline on the post and they slide on nice but the body still stays on bashing.

Badlands are gods on grass and great on most off-road terrain but pavement will chew them up. Trenchers are good off-road and good on pavement and wear nicely but not really great anywhere. Have not used the newer Badlands MX28 or MX38 yet so I can't speak for them. For bashing the Trencher is the goto tire for alot of people.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks I might try that because my body vibrates a lot

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Badlands are gods on grass and great on most off-road terrain but pavement will chew them up. Trenchers are good off-road and good on pavement and wear nicely but not really great anywhere. Have not used the newer Badlands MX28 or MX38 yet so I can't speak for them. For bashing the Trencher is the goto tire for alot of people.
    I went with the trenchers, I kinda figured badlands would pretty much get shredded on the road. Trenchers should be good enough for me I got the short course ones not the big 2.8s so I think my stock drive shafts should hold up ok
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-24-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: merge
    Slash 4x4