Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 81
  1. #41
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    What would happen if you set one value to one (1) and the other to the 2.846? Does it work correctly? If it did/does that's where the problem is. Seems as your compensating for a double reduction with your math equations.

    I'm wondering if your (earlier version) app thinks you could have a transmission. All the other land vehicles have a transmission ratio that it needs to compute overall ratio for speed. If they used the same formula for all the vehicles, the XO-1 doesn't have one. Just guessing out loud.

    In a way it could work great for a custom project. In 1 gear value you could put in any ratio transmission, not just a Traxxas ratio. And in gear 2 put in diff ratio, change tire size and Bingo you got speed. Of course only if the above first sentence is true and your app works if you change one value to 1 and the other to the diff ratio (2.846).
    Last edited by grizzly03; 11-19-2019 at 11:57 AM.

  2. #42
    RC Champion zedorda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    1,133
    That Drive Gear 2 line in Reglarguy's app reminds me of the 2nd line in this RC speed tool I use online: https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

    And since the XO-1 doesn't have a transmission the value should be 1. Unlike 2wd Slash/Stampede/Rustler for example which need a 2.73 value there.

    I believe an update to the app may help.
    Last edited by zedorda; 11-19-2019 at 04:02 PM.

  3. #43
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    What would happen if you set one value to one (1) and the other to the 2.846? Does it work correctly? If it did/does that's where the problem is. Seems as your compensating for a double reduction with your math equations.

    I'm wondering if your (earlier version) app thinks you could have a transmission. All the other land vehicles have a transmission ratio that it needs to compute overall ratio for speed. If they used the same formula for all the vehicles, the XO-1 doesn't have one. Just guessing out loud.

    In a way it could work great for a custom project. In 1 gear value you could put in any ratio transmission, not just a Traxxas ratio. And in gear 2 put in diff ratio, change tire size and Bingo you got speed. Of course only if the above first sentence is true and your app works if you change one value to 1 and the other to the diff ratio (2.846).
    From what I remember the second Gear Ratio value doesn't do anything no matter what you set it for. It's the first one that has effect as you change it.

    Also, I ran into the same problem with my Emaxx and Xmaxx when I tried using the formulas out of the book, and both of them only have one Gear Ratio value in their Traxxas Link apps.

    Xmaxx






    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-19-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    A quick test would be try changing the second value to something extreme say 50 that should show speed 50 times slower. Or change the second to something really low like .1 that should show speed at 10 times faster. You could do this on your bench. I would be curious at the results.

  5. #45
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    A quick test would be try changing the second value to something extreme say 50 that should show speed 50 times slower. Or change the second to something really low like .1 that should show speed at 10 times faster. You could do this on your bench. I would be curious at the results.
    I tried that on both entries. The only one that had an effect on my telemetry's speed/RPM's was the first one. Here's a brain teaser for you guys. Ready?

    Why, when I have a stock XO-1 car, with a stock 46/14 spur and pinion, use the Traxxas owners manual's formula (Spur/Pinion (times) 2.85 = Final Gear Ratio), do the math, the math equals 9.35 (which is also shown to be the stock Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas owners manual's chart in GREEN), go to my XO-1 in the Traxxas Link, look at the default Final Gear Ratio figure in the XO-1 Traxxas Link (which also has 46/14 for spur and pinion), see that number is 2.846, and then tell me why that number is (2.846) rather than 9.35.

    What I did in my reply before this one is (Lets use simpler terms. It's easier to see.):

    If I have 2 x 3 = 6 in one mathematical problem, and 2 x 3 = 8 in an other. Which is correct? We know (of course) that 2 x 3 = 6 is correct. But lets say that we put the value 6 into a Traxxas Link app, and it doesn't work, but the value 8 does. Now what's the problem? We know that 8 isn't our problem, because it works in the Traxxas app. Our problem has to be either the 2 or the 3 which gave us the 6.

    Now the next step. We know that 8 is a good number, because it works in our app. Lets say that we find out that 2 is also a good number (like 2 teeth in a gear). Now what's our problem. Well, we know 8 is a good number (it works in our app), we now know 2 is a good number (we can physically see 2 teeth), so what's the only number we have left. The number 3.

    Knowing that, how do we solve our problem? We make the 3 an unknown variable "X", and then solve for "X". Which would be: 2 (times) "X" = 8. Doing the math in our head we know that "X" is equal to 4. Now what do we have? We have 2 (times) 4 = 8, and we know that 8 works with our app. So now, all three of our numbers are good.

    Now, lets do this. Think of 46/14 (times) 2.85 = 9.35 (which doesn't work in our Traxxas Link app) as 2 (times) 3 = 6 (that didn't work in our example app), and 46/14 (times) .865 = 2.846 (which work in our Traxxas Link app) as 2 (times) 4 = 8 (which works in our example app).
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-20-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  6. #46
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129

    Continued due to website goofing up.

    If you do that, you can see why I say that the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1 owners manual doesn't work with the Traxxas Link app. You have to use the corrected formula that I posted. I'm not saying that the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1owners manual is a bad formula. I don't know, because I didn't check the math on how Traxxas arrive at that formula. I'm just saying it doesn't work when used in the Final Gear Ratio of the Traxxas Link app...no more...no less.

    And, like I said in the first part of this reply, if the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1 owners manual 46/14 (times) 2.85 = 9.35 is a good formula (and numbers) to use in the Traxxas Link app, then why is the default Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas Link app 2.846 with 46/14 gears rather than 9.35?
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-20-2019 at 03:12 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  7. #47
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    If you do that, you can see why I say that the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1 owners manual doesn't work with the Traxxas Link app. You have to use the corrected formula that I posted. I'm not saying that the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1owners manual is a bad formula. I don't know, because I didn't check the math on how Traxxas arrive at that formula. I'm just saying it doesn't work when used in the Final Gear Ratio of the Traxxas Link app...no more...no less.

    And, like I said in the first part of this reply, if the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1 owners manual 46/14 (times) 2.85 = 9.35 is a good formula (and numbers) to use in the Traxxas Link app, then why is the default Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas Link app 2.846 with 46/14 gears rather than 9.35?
    I believe that is because the app is referencing the Drive Ratio Gear 1, which is only the ratio of the diff 37T ring gear and the 13T drive pinion. Itís not the Final Drive Ratio which as per Traxxas is 9.35 when using a 46T spur and 14T motor pinion.

    I would expect the app is doing the final drive ratio calculation in the background, then accounting for Lipo cell count, motor KV and tire diameter to calculate the theoretical speed it displays.

    Iím running the most current version of the app and will do a bench test tonight with my 22T motor pinion and 46T spur gear. Utilizing a 2200kv motor, 6s Lipo and stock XO-1 wheels (110mm diameter) the app should show aprox 98mph for top speed if working properly.

    Too bad the weather here is not conducive for outdoor running, else I would also compare the bench findings to a real world run against my Dynamite GPS meter.

  8. #48
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Why, when I have a stock XO-1 car, with a stock 46/14 spur and pinion, use the Traxxas owners manual's formula (Spur/Pinion (times) 2.85 = Final Gear Ratio), do the math, the math equals 9.35 (which is also shown to be the stock Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas owners manual's chart in GREEN), go to my XO-1 in the Traxxas Link, look at the default Final Gear Ratio figure in the XO-1 Traxxas Link (which also has 46/14 for spur and pinion), see that number is 2.846, and then tell me why that number is (2.846) rather than 9.35.
    The owners manual chart is showing the spur/pinion ratio, then you take that times your diff ratio 2.85 to get your final ratio.
    If you took the ring gear of 37 then divided it by the pinion of 13 you get your 2.846
    If you took the spur gear of 46 then divided it by the pinion of 14 you get 3.285
    Now if you multiply both those 2.846 x 3.285 you get the final reduction of 9.349

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    If I have 2 x 3 = 6 in one mathematical problem, and 2 x 3 = 8 in an other. Which is correct? We know (of course) that 2 x 3 = 6 is correct. But lets say that we put the value 6 into a Traxxas Link app, and it doesn't work, but the value 8 does. Now what's the problem?
    Let's think about this for a moment. If I or anybody else put in a value of 6 and it works on our app, and you put in a value of 6 and it doesn't work on your app. The problem would be your app, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    And, like I said in the first part of this reply, if the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1 owners manual 46/14 (times) 2.85 = 9.35 is a good formula (and numbers) to use in the Traxxas Link app, then why is the default Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas Link app 2.846 with 46/14 gears rather than 9.35?
    Your assuming that the gear ratio on the Traxxas link is the final gear ratio. Why couldn't it be showing the transmission X diff ratio without calculating in the pinion/spur ratio?
    Xo-1 has no transmission so the value would be 2.846
    X-maxx has a transmission and diffs so those ratios together would be 8.240

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    You have to use the corrected formula that I posted. I'm not saying that the Final Gear Ratio formula in the Traxxas XO-1owners manual is a bad formula. I don't know, because I didn't check the math on how Traxxas arrive at that formula. I'm just saying it doesn't work when used in the Final Gear Ratio of the Traxxas Link app...no more...no less.
    In your very first post you said it worked until you changed pinion/spur. Then I would ask why did you change gear ratio numbers on the settings and not the 46/14? If you only changed the pinion/spur numbers wouldn't you only need to change those? You went with 50/17 (spur/pinion) but in your app picture in the first post only shows stock pinion/spur of 46/14. It looks like you had to change your ratio to compensate for the gearing change without changing the 46/17. You changed the numbers to work for you.

  9. #49
    RC Qualifier kzsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    278
    all I know , not being the smartest here , is XO-1 GEARING ................. 34 - 46 .............. 100mph+
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

  10. #50
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    all I know , not being the smartest here , is XO-1 GEARING ................. 34 - 46 .............. 100mph+
    You're not being a smarty pants, KZ. You can change your XO-1 gearing all day long. Just don't change your gearing, use the owners manual's Final Gear Ratio formula to figure out what you need to enter in your Traxxas Link app for your speed and RPM's, and expect your telemetry to be reasonably accurate.

    Using the Traxxas formula:
    46/34 (times) 2.85 = 3.85, If you put 3.85 in your XO-1 Traxxas Link app it won't work properly.

    Using the corrected formula:
    46/34 (times) .865 = 1.17, If you put 1.17 in your XO-1 Traxxas Link app it will work properly.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  11. #51
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    In your very first post you said it worked until you changed pinion/spur. Then I would ask why did you change gear ratio numbers on the settings and not the 46/14? If you only changed the pinion/spur numbers wouldn't you only need to change those? You went with 50/17 (spur/pinion) but in your app picture in the first post only shows stock pinion/spur of 46/14. It looks like you had to change your ratio to compensate for the gearing change without changing the 46/17. You changed the numbers to work for you.
    When I had the stock gears installed in my XO-1 of 46/14, I used the default settings in my Traxxas Link of 46, 14, and 2.846, and everything worked fine. When I changed my gears to 50/17, I changed my default settings in my Traxxas Link of 50, 17, and 8.38 (found by using the Traxxas formula), and everything went crazy.

    Then I noticed that on the chart in the book that Traxxas had 46/14 at 9.35 (in GREEN), and said this was the correct value. That's when I knew something weird was going on. Why 46, 14, and 9.35 in the book, and 46, 14 and 2.846 in the app? I checked the math in the book by using the Traxxas formula for 46/14. I did get 9.35 Final Gear Ratio. I then put 46, 14, and 9.35 in the app. Everything went crazy, which I expected, because there is a big difference between 2.846 and 9.35. That's when I knew there was a problem with the Traxxas formula, and that's why I corrected it.

    So, in conclusion, if you use 46/14 (stock) in your XO-1, and 46, 14 and 2.846 (default) in your XO-1 Traxxas Link app you're fine.

    If you use 46/14 (stock) in your XO-1, and 46, 14 and 9.35 (using the Traxxas formula to get 9.35) in your XO-1 Traxxas Link your app will give you crazy speeds and RPM's.

    If you change your gearing to something other than stock, use your Traxxas formula to calculate Final Gear ratio, and put in your new spur gear number, your new pinion gear number, and your new Final gear Ratio (using the Traxxas formula: spur/pinion (times) 2.85) in your Traxxas Link app your speed and RPM's will be crazy.

    If you change your gearing to something other than stock, use my corrected formula to calculate Final Gear ratio, and put in your new spur gear number, your new pinion gear number, and your new Final gear Ratio (using my corrected formula: spur/pinion (times) .865) in your Traxxas Link app your speed and RPM's will be reasonable. I had to do this with my XO-1, and I had to do this with my Xmaxx and Emaxx.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-21-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  12. #52
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129

    P.s.

    Grizzles, tell me what your gearing is that you have presently in your XO-1, we'll both use both the Traxxas and the Corrected formula to get your Final Gear Ratio. From there you can take your wheels off you XO-1, plug in and try the two numbers we get (from the two formulas), and you'll be able to see (with your own two eyeballs) what I'm saying.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  13. #53
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    72
    I did some bench tests last night. Started with the default Traxxas config of 2.846 for Gear Ratio 1 :


    The result is a bit high, but only about 10mph from what I would expect given my setup.

    I then adjusted the Gear 1 Ratio to 1.808 which is what REGLARGUY suggests (46/22)*.865=1.808.

    As expected, reducing the gear ratio increases the reported top speed significantly.



    My conclusion is there is likely a bug in the earlier App version that you are needing to compensate for that does not exist in the latest version.

    I suggest you try updating and let us know the result. Thanks.

  14. #54
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    When I had the stock gears installed in my XO-1 of 46/14, I used the default settings in my Traxxas Link of 46, 14, and 2.846, and everything worked fine. When I changed my gears to 50/17, I changed my default settings in my Traxxas Link of 50, 17, and 8.38 (found by using the Traxxas formula), and everything went crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    So, in conclusion, if you use 46/14 (stock) in your XO-1, and 46, 14 and 2.846 (default) in your XO-1 Traxxas Link app you're fine.

    If you use 46/14 (stock) in your XO-1, and 46, 14 and 9.35 (using the Traxxas formula to get 9.35) in your XO-1 Traxxas Link your app will give you crazy speeds and RPM's.
    I found your problem! Why are you changing the gear ratio? The only thing that you need to change is the pinion/spur numbers. You don't change the gear ratio numbers unless you have changed the transmission ratio or ring/pinion ratio.

    You said it worked fine with 46spur,14pinion, and 2.846 gear ratio
    Did you try 50spur,17pinion and 2.846 gear ratio? Because that would be the correct settings to use. It will work right on the 50,17, and 2.846 settings.

    The app does the formula for you. On all my vehicles I only changed the spur/pinion numbers to what I installed and everything works correctly.

    ScreenshotTraxxasLink (1) by grizzly03, on Flickr
    Last edited by grizzly03; 11-21-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: screenshot

  15. #55
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    I can't remember if I tried that first or not. I will give it a shot, see what happens, and report back....it might be a little while though, cause I'm in the middle of putting in a new bath tub. In the mean time, maybe we can figure out what the 2nd Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas Link is used for.

    Just for poops and grins, in the above photo, it does say "Drive Ratio" and not "Final Gear Ratio." I don't know if that means anything, but it might. Also, can you post a picture of your Traxxas Link page that shows that you have 46, 22 and 2.846.

    One last thing. Thinking out loud, mind you, if using a stock gearing of 46/14 is 50 mph (as advertised by the factory), and 46/34 is what the factory gives you to be able to do 100 mph speed runs (as advertised by the factory), then you'd think that 46/22 gearing that you're using would give you a top speed of (somewhere around) 70ish mph not 100, 110, or 120 mph. Don't you think?
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-21-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  16. #56
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I can't remember if I tried that first or not. I will give it a shot, see what happens, and report back....it might be a little while though, cause I'm in the middle of putting in a new bath tub. In the mean time, maybe we can figure out what the 2nd Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas Link is used for.

    Just for poops and grins, in the above photo, it does say "Drive Ratio" and not "Final Gear Ratio." I don't know if that means anything, but it might. Also, can you post a picture of your Traxxas Link page that shows that you have 46, 22 and 2.846.

    One last thing. Thinking out loud, mind you, if using a stock gearing of 46/14 is 50 mph (as advertised by the factory), and 46/34 is what the factory gives you to be able to do 100 mph speed runs (as advertised by the factory), then you'd think that 46/22 gearing that you're using would give you a top speed of (somewhere around) 70ish mph not 100, 110, or 120 mph. Don't you think?
    The TraxxasLink app does not calculate actual speed unless you have the GPS module. Otherwise it is a theoretical speed that takes into account all the variables which are fixed, such as spur, pinion, diff ratio, Lipo input voltage, motor KV and diameter of the wheels youíre running. The app knows the current RPM from the sensor and the rest is just math.

    However, the app does not take into account air temp, wind resistance, vehicle weight, surface grip etc, which can greatly affect your speed.

    A 46/14 setup on my X0-1, would have a theoretical top speed of about 62mph. Iíve got a 2200kv motor installed, therefore 23 volts from a 6s battery will spin the motor at aprox 50,000 rpm. If youíre running the stock motor, your down in the 1700kv range so fewer rpm and lower potential top speed.

    Here is a good online tool to help calculate the potential speed based on all the variables mentioned.


    http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/info...ar-calculator/

    Please note, the stock tires are 110mm diameter. If youíre running something smaller like a GRP 1/8 tire, youíll need to account for that. The 1/8 GRP is 96mm. Here is my Traxxas Link setup.


  17. #57
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I can't remember if I tried that first or not. I will give it a shot, see what happens, and report back....In the mean time, maybe we can figure out what the 2nd Final Gear Ratio in the Traxxas Link is used for.
    Here's a quick test to see what is possibly going on. Open up the link app. Then go to select model. Then scroll down to On-road(7 models). Choose XO-1 and when it asks for vehicle name use something like "test1",then save. After you save it will go back to where you can pick garage. Open up garage then go to model setup. Your screen will show factory default. What do your drive ratio gear 1 and drive ratio gear 2 come up as? Do it this way instead of copying or duplicating what you already have. It would be like you are adding a new vehicle from scratch..
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Just for poops and grins, in the above photo, it does say "Drive Ratio" and not "Final Gear Ratio." I don't know if that means anything, but it might.
    Actually it kinda helps. On the app it says drive ratio, not final gear ratio. There really is no place to input Final gear ratio on the app.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Also, can you post a picture of your Traxxas Link page that shows that you have 46, 22 and 2.846.
    gusd2 posted the picture. Mine looks the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    One last thing. Thinking out loud, mind you, if using a stock gearing of 46/14 is 50 mph (as advertised by the factory), and 46/34 is what the factory gives you to be able to do 100 mph speed runs (as advertised by the factory), then you'd think that 46/22 gearing that you're using would give you a top speed of (somewhere around) 70ish mph not 100, 110, or 120 mph. Don't you think?
    It would be. I used the speed calculator on scriptasylum website. It is a good site to have available to us, it has many calculators and info on it. In the following picture it shows: I used the XO1 diff value of 2.846. It has no transmission or additional gear reduction so the value would be 1 for those. Used 46 spur and 22 pinion. Used nominal 6s voltage (3.7x6). 1650Kv for the motor and stock tire size of 4.29". It does show a speed of 78mph. Sorry about the picture, I don't know how to take a screen shot on my desktop computer.
    by grizzly03, on Flickr

  18. #58
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129

    #1

    Yes, I put his website in my favorites. I thought on (I slept on it) what you said about "Drive Ratio" and Final Gear Ratio." My understanding is Final Gear Ratio is the Spur/Pinion and the Drive Ratio would include the wheel circumference, diff (pinion/ring), and transmission gears. In the XO-1's case it would only be wheel circumference, and diff (pinion/ring), because the XO-1 doesn't have a transmission.

    (IMO) looking at the Traxxas formula again: spur/pinion (times) 2.85 = Final Gear Ratio. It is actually spur/pinion (times) Drive Ratio = Final Gear Ratio. Traxxas (like you said earlier) gives you 2.85 as their calculated Drive Ratio. Let me know if you agree. I figure if we do this one step at a time we'll get to the bottom of what's going on. My next step will be seeing if (if you agree) that Drive Ratio (2.85) is a good number.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-22-2019 at 04:40 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  19. #59
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129

    #2

    Quote Originally Posted by gusd2 View Post


    It would be. I used the speed calculator on Scriptasylum website. It is a good site to have available to us, it has many calculators and info on it. In the following picture it shows: I used the XO1 diff value of 2.846. It has no transmission or additional gear reduction so the value would be 1 for those. Used 46 spur and 22 pinion. Used nominal 6s voltage (3.7x6). 1650Kv for the motor and stock tire size of 4.29". It does show a speed of 78mph. Sorry about the picture, I don't know how to take a screen shot on my desktop computer.
    So, you agree that 110 and 120 mph is not a little high, but way higher than 78 mph, right?
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-22-2019 at 04:42 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  20. #60
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129

    #3

    However, the app does not take into account air temp, wind resistance, vehicle weight, surface grip etc, which can greatly affect your speed.
    I agree with everything Gusd is saying, but the above. (IMO) depending on air temp, wind resistance, vehicle weight, surface grip etc. will put more or less load on the vehicle. This will slow down or speed up the speed of the XO-1's spur gear's sensor's flux lines passing through the RPM sensors pickup. This increase or decrease intern, will then be calculated by the Traxxas telemetry program and the Traxxas Link app will compensate its' displayed speed. Grizzles do you agree?
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-22-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  21. #61
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I agree with everything Gusd is saying, but the above. (IMO) depending on air temp, wind resistance, vehicle weight, surface grip etc. will put more or less load on the vehicle. This will slow down or speed up the speed of the XO-1's spur gear's sensor's flux lines passing through the RPM sensors pickup. This increase or decrease intern, will then be calculated by the Traxxas telemetry program and the Traxxas Link app will compensate its' displayed speed. Grizzles do you agree?
    I hear what youíre saying, and yes, these effects will be seen in the results. But there is the potential that the app if compared to a GPS sensor reports differently. Ex. On one run this past summer, my car hit a manhole cover and caught air. I did not let off the throttle immediately and the RPMs increased without load on the drivetrain or motor. When I compared my GPS meter to the App, the app reported a higher top speed.

    My conclusion is the 110 result from my setup was from a bench test, no wheels attached, no load on the motor / drivetrain, and so my motor was able to reach 48,000 RPM. Iím expecting that with wind resistance, weight etc acting on the vehicle in the real world, the motor will not reach its max capability hence lower speed.

    Canít wait for the spring to find out!!

  22. #62
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129

    #3

    Quote Originally Posted by gusd2 View Post
    I hear what you’re saying, and yes, these effects will be seen in the results. But there is the potential that the app if compared to a GPS sensor reports differently. Ex. On one run this past summer, my car hit a manhole cover and caught air. I did not let off the throttle immediately and the RPMs increased without load on the drivetrain or motor. When I compared my GPS meter to the App, the app reported a higher top speed.

    My conclusion is the 110 result from my setup was from a bench test, no wheels attached, no load on the motor / drivetrain, and so my motor was able to reach 48,000 RPM. I’m expecting that with wind resistance, weight etc. acting on the vehicle in the real world, the motor will not reach its max capability hence lower speed.

    Can’t wait for the spring to find out!!
    I don't have a problem with that. Now, I can agree with you 100%. (IMO) GPS will be more accurate than an app, but the app is a reasonable tool. (IMO) Radar is the best for determining top speed, GPS second, and an app third.

    Also, I'd like to make one other point here (just for the heck of it). Mine and Grizzles future goal (here in the future) will not be to make the Traxxas app the most accurate out of the three, but to make sure (we as users) are setting it up correctly to make it as accurate as it can be.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-22-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  23. #63
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    #1 Yes and No It could be argued that final gear ratio is from motor to tires or motor to axle. That is where it could be confusing. They wrote spur/pinion(times)2.85=final gear ratio. Which if you look at just the gears from motor to axle it is correct. It could be said tires are not part of internal gears. But if it was worded Overall gear ratio=spur/pinion(times)2.85 then it would have to include the tires.

    #2 Yes totally agree!

    #3 Everyone should know that the app without GPS is based off of rpm's(magnet in spur gear). Your motor rpm speeds up your speed goes up and motor rpm's drop your speed drops. If you lift your tires off the ground and accelerate, your mph are going to go up without the vehicle moving. It cannot compensate for variables, (wheel spin,tire wear) only rpm's. Both Regularguy and gusd2 are correct, just saying the same thing but in different ways.

    Here's food for thought. If you never looked at the manual and only looked at the Traxxas Link. When you changed something on your vehicle what in the settings would you change? If you changed the pinion you would change that number to what you changed it to and nothing else. If you changed tires you would only change the tire value on the app. The same applies if you changed the cell count of batteries you were using. You wouldn't change the Drive ratio gear because A. we already have a place to change the pinion value and B. it told you not to in the help section, it is even more helpful with the XO1 because it doesn't have a transmission to change.

    If you only had the manual and no Traxxas Link App. you then would be forced to use the formula that was in the manual to figure Theoretical Maximum Vehicle Speed.


    Regularguy, have you tried setting up a new vehicle and see what the values of your Gear 1 & 2 are?
    gusd2 Thanks for the bench test. You showed how much in changing the wrong value can affect the results.

    The biggest thing in the Traxxas app that really bugs me, is not being able to change tire sizes to something other than standard Traxxas tire sizes. And for others that need it, also change tire size to compensate for tire wear.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 11-22-2019 at 10:26 AM.

  24. #64
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Right now I have Drive Ratio #1 and Drive Ratio #2 set at 2.85 with 50 spur and 17 pinion. My XO-1 is all stock, so the rest of my settings are default. What I'm going to do is take my wheels off, run three different Drive Ratios on my bench to see what my bench top speed are for the three. I did something like this before, but I just did two....Traxxas formula, my formula, but not the app default.

    Also back then when I did it, I had a place where I could do speed runs, and used my radar gun. I don't remember what the radar top speeds were, but I do remember that my radar gun showed me that my XO-1 was running a top speed 2 mph less than what I had seen on the bench. My running conditions were perfect, and I new I couldn't get my telemetry any closer than that.

    When I do my bench test again, I'll do everything exactly the same way, but this time I will include the default Drive Ratio in my tests. I will first use the app default 2.846 along with my 50/17 gears. Then I'm will use the Traxxas formula's value from 50/17 (times) 2.85 which will give me 8.38. Then I will use my formula 50/17 (times) .865 which will give me 2.54, and see what the bench top speeds are for all three of these settings.

    I'm sure of what the results will be, but I'm going to keep an open mind. Once I have all three bench top speeds from the three different Drive Ratio's, then I will use my radar gun to see which one is the closest to it. Which ever one that is I will keep and use. I will take pictures as I'm conducting the tests, refresh my memory, have fun, and post everything for you all to see.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-22-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  25. #65
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Right now I have Drive Ratio #1 and Drive Ratio #2 set at 2.85 with 50 spur and 17 pinion. My XO-1 is all stock, so the rest of my settings are default. What I'm going to do is take my wheels off, run three different Drive Ratios on my bench to see what my bench top speed are for the three. I did something like this before, but I just did two....Traxxas formula, my formula, but not the app default.
    Did you ever set up a new vehicle in the app?
    Since your app has Gear ratio 1 & 2. I'm curious if your default on the app is:
    Gear 1 is 2.846 and Gear 2 is 2.846 or is it
    Gear 1 is 2.846 and Gear 2 is 1?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I do remember that my radar gun showed me that my XO-1 was running a top speed 2 mph less than what I had seen on the bench. My running conditions were perfect, and I new I couldn't get my telemetry any closer than that.
    That's pretty dang good if you ask me!

  26. #66
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Did you ever set up a new vehicle in the app? Yes

    Since your app has Gear ratio 1 & 2. I'm curious if your default on the app is:
    Gear 1 is 2.846 and Gear 2 is 2.846 Yes

    or is it Gear 1 is 2.846 and Gear 2 is 1? No
    I have to write something here. I got an "ERROR" message that I didn't write anything, so I'll tell you I answered your questions above. See:

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Right now I have Drive Ratio #1 and Drive Ratio #2 set at 2.85 with 50 spur and 17 pinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    My XO-1 is all stock, so the rest of my settings are default.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-23-2019 at 03:51 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  27. #67
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Thanks. The reason I was curious was if the second one was actually different and could cause issues with your version of Traxxas Link. And if the second value could be utilized down the road for something else.
    Example: you have tire wear. Xo1 tires are 4.29", but they are worn to 4" then you could've used 4.29/4=1.0725 in the second gear value to compensate. Or if the Gear 2 could be used for tire size outside of the Traxxas tire listings.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 11-23-2019 at 09:14 AM.

  28. #68
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    No problem. You asked that before, and back aways (in one of my other replies), I wrote (maybe you didn't see it) that the second one doesn't seem to have any effect But, that I set them both to the same value to be safe.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  29. #69
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    This is where I keep getting confused.
    On post #66 you have different answers. You have Yes,Yes,No and you also have "Right now I have Drive Ratio #1 and Drive Ratio #2 set at 2.85 with 50 spur and 17 pinion." and "My XO-1 is all stock, so the rest of my settings are default." And now you just answered "that I set them both to the same value to be safe."

    I thought you were going to try default settings? If Both Gear ratio 1 and Gear ratio 2 both are 2.846 why did you have to set them to the same value to be safe? If you had to set them that is saying that it is not default settings.

  30. #70
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Sorry, I think I see why you are confused. Let's go this way.

    (Setup #1) My Traxxas Link default settings for Spur Gear, Pinion Gear, Drive Ratio #1 are Drive Ratio #2 are as in Post #1. These settings are:
    Spur Gear: 46
    Pinion Gear: 14
    Drive Ratio #1: 2.846
    Drive Ratio #2: 2.846
    I used these above default settings (when I first got my XO-1), because (at first) I had and used the stock 46 and 14 gears. All my other settings (at that time) were also at default. Example: motor, ESC, battery, and so on.

    (Setup #2) Then I went to a 50 spur and 17 pinion gear. This 50/17 gearing is what I have now, and below is what I set my Spur Gear, Pinion Gear, Drive Ratio #1 are Drive Ratio #2 in my Traxxas Link app to:
    Spur Gear: 50
    Pinion Gear: 17
    Drive Ratio #1: 2.54
    Drive Ratio #2: 2.54
    All my other settings were kept at default. Example: motor, ESC, battery, and so on. The only settings I changed was Spur Gear, Pinion Gear, Drive Ratio #1 are Drive Ratio #2

    In both setups (#1 and #2), what ever number I used for Drive Ratio 1, I used for Drive Ratio 2. From what I can remember, Drive Ratio #2 didn't seem to had an effect on anything, so that's why I used the same numeric value for both Drive Ratio #1 and #2. I could of used any numeric value for Drive Ratio #2 in both setups, but just kept things simple by using the same numeric value for both.

    Clear as mud right? (lol)
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-24-2019 at 06:22 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  31. #71
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    (Setup #1) My Traxxas Link default settings for Spur Gear, Pinion Gear, Drive Ratio #1 are Drive Ratio #2 are as in Post #1. These settings are:
    Spur Gear: 46
    Pinion Gear: 14
    Drive Ratio #1: 2.846
    Drive Ratio #2: 2.846
    I used these above default settings (when I first got my XO-1), because (at first) I had and used the stock 46 and 14 gears. All my other settings (at that time) were also at default. Example: motor, ESC, battery, and so on.

    (Setup #2) Then I went to a 50 spur and 17 pinion gear. This 50/17 gearing is what I have now, and below is what I set my Spur Gear, Pinion Gear, Drive Ratio #1 are Drive Ratio #2 in my Traxxas Link app to:
    Spur Gear: 50
    Pinion Gear: 17
    Drive Ratio #1: 2.54
    Drive Ratio #2: 2.54
    All my other settings were kept at default. Example: motor, ESC, battery, and so on. The only settings I changed was Spur Gear, Pinion Gear, Drive Ratio #1 are Drive Ratio #2

    In both setups (#1 and #2), what ever number I used for Drive Ratio 1, I used for Drive Ratio 2. From what I can remember, Drive Ratio #2 didn't seem to had an effect on anything, so that's why I used the same numeric value for both Drive Ratio #1 and #2. I could of used any numeric value for Drive Ratio #2 in both setups, but just kept things simple by using the same numeric value for both.

    Clear as mud right? (lol)
    Still confused.
    If you are using default settings. Why are you changing any values in Gear Ratio #1 and Gear Ratio #2? Or should I ask, why do you need to change those values if they are at default values?
    You keep saying "From what I can remember" and then saying "I set them both the same"!?!

    Since I never got a direct answer on what your "default values" are.
    Here is another Question: Why couldn't the Gear Ratio #2 be 1? In any math equation, using a value of Times 1 has no affect on the answer.
    Example: (spur/pinion)*Gear ratio 1*Gear ratio 2=Final gear ratio
    (50/17)*2.846*2.846=23.822
    (50/17)*2.846*1=8.370
    Also on your screen shot on post #43 of your X-Maxx setup, you have Drive Ratio 2 @ a value of 1. And you give this as an answer "same problem with my Emaxx and Xmaxx when I tried using the formulas out of the book, and both of them only have one Gear Ratio value in their Traxxas Link apps." Your Xmaxx model setup picture is the same as your XO1 setup picture of the Traxxas link app. They both show two Drive Ratio Gears.

    In conclusion since giving conflicting answers, and using an older version of the Traxxas link app. and telling us your having trouble with the app working. For your Xo1 with a gearing of 50spur and 17pinion , stock tires, 6s voltage, and stock electronics.
    Either put this into your Xo1 model setup:
    spur gear: 50
    pinion: 17
    Drive ratio gear 1: 2.846
    Drive ratio gear 2: 1 (use 1 since you said it has no effect and if it does a value of 1 will not affect the outcome values)
    Tires: XO-1 Slick
    Battery: 6s LIPO
    ESC: Castle Mamba Monster 100
    Motor: Castle 1717
    OR
    On your model setup on the top right corner hit Reset To Defaults Then only change spur gear value to your spur gear tooth count and your pinion gear value to your pinion tooth count and nothing else.
    Whichever you choose the app will work correctly for your setup.


    No where in the Traxxas Manuals or the Traxxas Link app. does it tell anybody to change the Gear Ratio values! If this value is changed and you haven't changed the transmissions' internal gears Do Not Blame the App for errors, when in fact it is user error. Only change the value in the app that you have changed.
    Using X01 as an example: You only change the gearing of the stock XO1 from 14T pinion to the included 34T pinion and no other changes. On the Traxxas Link app only change the Pinion Gear value from 14 to 34 and change nothing else the app works correctly.

  32. #72
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    I think what we should do is wait till I have a chance to review everything over again. You have given me some good ideas that I didn't think of when I went from 46/14 (stock) to what I have now 50/17. I propose, that my first step (when I revisit this) should be to go back to stock gearing, default on my Traxxas Link app, see what happens, and establish that as a base. I will take what pictures I can, and will post my results. I will also use the website that you gave me in post # 57, and my radar to confirm my findings.

    From there, if we can both agree on my findings, we can step-by-step figure out what's going on, and what can be expected (and why) with any and all gear changes. More specifically, though, I will use a 50/17 as my next gear change, because that's what I use now. How does that all grab you?

    P.S. I think, we should forget about the Xmaxx and Emaxx for now, and concentrate on the XO-1. Once we nail down the XO-1 we can always look at the Xmaxx and Emaxx.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-25-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  33. #73
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Still confused.
    If you are using default settings. Why are you changing any values in Gear Ratio #1 and Gear Ratio #2? Or should I ask, why do you need to change those values if they are at default values?
    You keep saying "From what I can remember" and then saying "I set them both the same"!?!

    Since I never got a direct answer on what your "default values" are.
    Here is another Question: Why couldn't the Gear Ratio #2 be 1? In any math equation, using a value of Times 1 has no affect on the answer.
    Example: (spur/pinion)*Gear ratio 1*Gear ratio 2=Final gear ratio
    (50/17)*2.846*2.846=23.822
    (50/17)*2.846*1=8.370
    Also on your screen shot on post #43 of your X-Maxx setup, you have Drive Ratio 2 @ a value of 1. And you give this as an answer "same problem with my Emaxx and Xmaxx when I tried using the formulas out of the book, and both of them only have one Gear Ratio value in their Traxxas Link apps." Your Xmaxx model setup picture is the same as your XO1 setup picture of the Traxxas link app. They both show two Drive Ratio Gears.

    In conclusion since giving conflicting answers, and using an older version of the Traxxas link app. and telling us your having trouble with the app working. For your Xo1 with a gearing of 50spur and 17pinion , stock tires, 6s voltage, and stock electronics.
    Either put this into your Xo1 model setup:
    spur gear: 50
    pinion: 17
    Drive ratio gear 1: 2.846
    Drive ratio gear 2: 1 (use 1 since you said it has no effect and if it does a value of 1 will not affect the outcome values)
    Tires: XO-1 Slick
    Battery: 6s LIPO
    ESC: Castle Mamba Monster 100
    Motor: Castle 1717
    OR
    On your model setup on the top right corner hit Reset To Defaults Then only change spur gear value to your spur gear tooth count and your pinion gear value to your pinion tooth count and nothing else.
    Whichever you choose the app will work correctly for your setup.


    No where in the Traxxas Manuals or the Traxxas Link app. does it tell anybody to change the Gear Ratio values! If this value is changed and you haven't changed the transmissions' internal gears Do Not Blame the App for errors, when in fact it is user error. Only change the value in the app that you have changed.
    Using X01 as an example: You only change the gearing of the stock XO1 from 14T pinion to the included 34T pinion and no other changes. On the Traxxas Link app only change the Pinion Gear value from 14 to 34 and change nothing else the app works correctly.
    As I said in post #72, I will revisit this. I do see what you are saying, though, and what you are saying does make mathematical sense. I would like to try your ideas as I revisit this along with mine.

    Sorry for the "From what I remembers." I started this post a good while ago, and was trying to be honest that somethings just weren't fresh on my mind anymore. I did make an error, when I said that my Xmaxx and Emaxx had only one Gear Ratio in my Traxxas Link app, but I didn't do it intentionally. It was an oversight when I was editing one of my replies.

    Back then and in my defense (when I went from 46/14 to 50/17), I was just trying to get my XO-1 telemetry mph's to give me the same readings as my radar gun. At the time I didn't care how or why, I just wanted it to work, and what I did worked. Now, though, you kicked up my curiosity, and I will be looking at this a lot deeper than I did back then. Now (because of your input), I want to know "why" it worked, and also if there is a better way to setup my telemetry. Either way (yours or mine), I'm going to find out what's going on here. Take care till then.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-26-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  34. #74
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    As I said in post #72, I will revisit this. I do see what you are saying, though, and what you are saying does make mathematical sense. I would like to try your ideas as I revisit this along with mine.

    Sorry for the "From what I remembers." I started this post a good while ago, and was trying to be honest that somethings just weren't fresh on my mind anymore. I did make an error, when I said that my Xmaxx and Emaxx had only one Gear Ratio in my Traxxas Link app, but I didn't do it intentionally. It was an oversight when I was editing one of my replies.
    The point I was trying to make was what are the actual default values not what you remember them as. You wouldn't even have to get out any vehicle or even do a bench test. It would only take a couple of minutes. Just take your IPad and set a test vehicle up or set one to defaults. On the comment about the Emaxx or Xmaxx I was refering to the screenshot you gave us where it shows Drive Ratio Gear 2 as a value of 1 and it works correctly moreso than your actual wording of only having one Drive Ratio Gear. Why wasn't the Drive Ratio Gear 2 set @ 8.240? Conflicting answers only cause confusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Back then and in my defense (when I went from 46/14 to 50/17), I was just trying to get my XO-1 telemetry mph's to give me the same readings as my radar gun. At the time I didn't care how or why, I just wanted it to work, and what I did worked. Now, though, you kicked up my curiosity, and I will be looking at this a lot deeper than I did back then. Now (because of your input), I want to know "why" it worked, and also if there is a better way to setup my telemetry. Either way (yours or mine), I'm going to find out what's going on here. Take care till then.
    This is where I'm also curious. You got the app to work for you, which is good. Because you have an earlier version of the app doesn't make it wrong, it makes it interesting. If Drive Ratio Gear 2 actually affects the Traxxas Link calculations, that is good news for you. It would open up a whole bunch of things you could use it for. Like I said earlier if I had that on my version I would be ecstatic. It could be used for tire wear, non-traxxas tires, difference in mph between app and radar, for custom builds, and list goes on. And because it's separate from the actual gear ratio value, no complicated math to make it useful, only one simple division calculation.

    Here is another question that further helps with my theory on your version:
    If it was an actual glitch in the app. why would one be labeled Gear 1 and the other Gear 2?
    If it was a glitch that has no affect wouldn't it be more likely to be labeled the same?

  35. #75
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    Like I said, I'll revisit everything we have discussed, and we'll step by step figure everything out. I would like to know more about Gear Ratio #2 also. Like you said, it might come in handy someday if it works a certain way. Right now, though, I have a few things to get out of the way before I can get started.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-26-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  36. #76
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    192
    Grizzly, the way you take a screenshot is by using ctrl+prnt scrn(should be in upper left of keyboard).

  37. #77
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Norfolk va
    Posts
    29
    This is exactly what I was trying to say....I suck at wording things...

  38. #78
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    325
    Doesn't work. I have windows 7. Apparently I need Snipping Tool? Plus it doesn't help that I use a discontinued gaming keyboard (Ideazon MERC Stealth Gaming Keyboard) with its' own software. Since Windows 7 will not be supported after this year, I guess I really need to upgrade my system. All this stuff was much easier with a Commodore 64!

  39. #79
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,129
    I finished my all bench tests yesterday while the Mrs. was cooking Thanks Giving dinner (Happy Thanks Giving everybody). Today I'm going up to borrow Aeromarine's radar gun. I have one, but their's is a Stocker Pro II. It's more accurate than mine with only a +/- 1 mph error. After I do my speed runs I'll post all what I found.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  40. #80
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I finished my all bench tests yesterday while the Mrs. was cooking Thanks Giving dinner (Happy Thanks Giving everybody). Today I'm going up to borrow Aeromarine's radar gun. I have one, but their's is a Stocker Pro II. It's more accurate than mine with only a +/- 1 mph error. After I do my speed runs I'll post all what I found.
    Looking forward to the results!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •