RC poster

Problems with my new 8s X-Maxx cutting power while driving

Hello
    Bought my new X-Maxx as my own Christmas present :-) so now it is 2 months old and maybe driven 9 fully charged batteries with it.
    I have driven this car in light snow weather and no hard driving at all, but from time to time the car cuts the power while driving normal and sounds like it sneezing ;-)... i thought it was maybe caused by driving in "wet" conditions but even when the car has been inside for 2 weeks and i hold it by hand i sometime can repeat it...some time i also see the first A-Led blinking fast but rather fast it goes away...i don't know why this lamp is blinking when I'm testdrive it inside but i often comes after a quick easy push at the throttle so maybe thats why.

But have anyone seen this issue with the power cutting and comes back rapidly? and sometimes when I'm out driving it and stop and should go to reverse it refuses to do nothing then i solve it with i light push at the throttle forward and then it start working again.

Tips and advise is appreciated i have taking away the ECS and i can't se any damage everything looks brand new.

/Andreas
    Sweden

RC Racer
    Update to the latest software, calibrate esc.

RC Champion
    Traxxas ESC Gremlins at work
    Hope you get it fixed
    May want a HW Max6
    fabricator

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Get tye bluetooth module, and update the esc tx and rx to latest update. You probably wont need anither esc. Dont drive it while its sneezing... Could be doing damage to the esc. Its prob why everybody's esc fried...

I did the update, sneezing went away and the truck gained torque.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I did the update, sneezing went away and the truck gained torque.
    my x-maxx feels the same as it always does after each update. Is there a place where Traxxas posts what exactly is being updated with the firmware?
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    my x-maxx feels the same as it always does after each update. Is there a place where Traxxas posts what exactly is being updated with the firmware?
    If you go into Google play store where you update click on it and it gives you a list of what the update is installing.

I have an iphone and I update thru the app (dont have to go into an app store). Can I go on google play just to read whats being updated? What was done in the most recent update? Suprised this isnt on the traxxas website somwhere
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    I have an iphone and I update thru the app (dont have to go into an app store). Can I go on google play just to read whats being updated? What was done in the most recent update? Suprised this isnt on the traxxas website somwhere
    Yeah you can just go and read (without down loading)where it says read more click and it tells you what's been done to which vehicles to a certain extant, don't read the reviews lol.

Hope this helps

RC Competitor
    That fast red blinking happens when the car is just starting very slowly I assume? and usually at full battery charge and goes always in a few blink. I believe I saw that on the manual, that just means the voltage protection feature is kicking in to protect the ESC from damage by over voltage etc, so you don't really need to worry about that blinking red LED if it happen just when you gently applying throttle.

The xmaxx sneezing you're having I assume happen at low speed? feels like it is braking suddenly even you are applying forward throttle? If so, you can first try a ESC calibration. Sometimes by just doing that, it fix the problem. If it doesn't, like rag6 had mention, get the Traxxas Bluetooth Module for updating the ESC. See if those two steps help your problem.