RC poster

New XO-1 user with upgrade questions

I've had a few Rustler VXLs thst I've upgraded and no longer own.

Got a killer deal on a gen 1 XO-1 (has the red i on controller).

I was planning on doing a few things to it, like balancing the tires etc. However what else should I do?

Was considering upgrading the remote to the newest 1, Traxxas offers the power up for it for $100 but by doing so what all does that do better the. The old one? I believe it has telemetry and slightly better range?

Should I leave the esc stock and the server stock?

I did ceramic coat the shell haha (weekend warrier car detailer)

Was also considering getting cooling fans/heat sink for the motor. Not a lot of informative videos are out there on what should/could be done?

My goal is to get everything running cool (esc & motor), better remote range than stock, etc. I'll worry about gearing and wheels last.

Lastly, what all changes were made between the 1st gen xo1 vs the newest, just the remote with TSM and telemetry?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by quietcropduster; 02-25-2018 at 02:40 PM.

welcome & very nice car ! ....... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Enthusiast
    Welcome get this fan http://a.co/eHbJJ8A you have to spread it a little but does the trick. you're going to have to extend the wires to make it to receiver as well.

I bought the dual fan & it presses on the motor but also will fly off . wired tied it and all is well .......... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Competitor
    The Servo 2075 is not known for durability, power and speed, i changed it to the Sav÷x 1258. You can see and feel the better steeringspeed.

My XO-1 runs with Spektrums DX5R, i dont know if it offers a better range but i like this remote better than the original. Nice features for the XO-1 of this radio are "Launch Control" & "Anti Locking Break". Also it offers a active stability management(AVC) like traxxas tsm.

Thats all i've done, because i think this car is really good out of the box. Most of the upgrades which make sense are already installed. Maybe you want to install antiroll bars or diffcases made of alloy.