Thread: Release date

RC Racer

Release date

Anyone know on what date to expect release ? Anything more specific than "early march" ?

RC Enthusiast
    the release date is going to be closer to late march. when they say in stores early march they are talking about shop demo/display units. (they ship out one to every shop that ordered it) the retail units are going to ship 2-3 weeks after the first unit

RC Competitor
    Just noticed the Traxxas website states Mid-April instead of early March, bummer.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

Your LHS will likely have the trucks before Traxxas.com, check with your dealer to see when they're expecting them.

The mid-April date is just the Traxxas.com pre-order ship date.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeede View Post
    Just noticed the Traxxas website states Mid-April instead of early March, bummer.
    what traxxas listed before was in stores early march. traxxas still has march 9th as the ship date of the 1st batch(they are demo/display trucks) the 2nd batch should ship 2 weeks after the 1st batch. and traxxas said they won't sell the trucks untill 2 weeks after dealers get their trucks for retail (2nd batch). so nothing has really changed

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAWN213 View Post
    what traxxas listed before was in stores early march. traxxas still has march 9th as the ship date of the 1st batch(they are demo/display trucks) the 2nd batch should ship 2 weeks after the 1st batch. and traxxas said they won't sell the trucks untill 2 weeks after dealers get their trucks for retail (2nd batch). so nothing has really changed
    Thats good inforomation.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

RC Racer
    Thats what i was looking for, thanks !

RC Racer
    Contacted great hobbies regarding my order placed on febuary 15th. They said their supplier should get the trucks in on the 16th of march and they should have them in stores about a week after that.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod15 View Post
    Contacted great hobbies regarding my order placed on febuary 15th. They said their supplier should get the trucks in on the 16th of march and they should have them in stores about a week after that.
    Thanks for the info .

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod15 View Post
    i would be surprised if that is when they actually get them. we ordered ours directly from traxxas around 2 weeks before the toyfair. the toyfair is when traxxas announced the udr. but the date we our getting right now is the 9th but that is going to be the demo unit. the retail units are not going to be in till around the end of the month. we talked to a dealer sales rep at traxxas a couple of days ago that is where i am getting my info

RC Competitor
    Traxxas moved up the release date to the 23 of March!

RC Competitor
    The LHS where I preordered mine says first week of April