RC poster

Unhappy Issue with ESC (blinking red at full throttle)

Hello everyone!

My car is the Ken Block 7309, my transmitter a regular Traxxas Link 2.4.
    I use LiPo batteries 2S

Here's what happened:
    The ESC was having a strange behavior: completely random blinking, or sometime stable only for a few seconds. I tried 2 different transmitters, then tried to change position in the channels, then reset multiple times to default settings... tried binding again and again. No luck.
    Then I discovered that the steering servo was faulty (the ESC and car were working fine after unplugging the servo from Link).
    So I bought and plugged a new one.
    And now, I have the "blinking red" issue every time that I pull the trigger to the full throttle or full brake position. After that, I have to unplug the battery (LiPo) to be able to start over.
    Again, I have tried to reset to factory default, binding car and receiver, recalibrate the ESC, switching with different batteries... without luck.

I really don't understand this issue, can you please help me?

Guillaume (from France, please excuse my grammar mistakes )

Are you sure about the servo this time?
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Yes, it is brand new and it worked immediately after I plugged it. And the "random" blinking was over, too. Now it seems that the ESC is setting itself to something like "protection mode" every time I hit full throttle.

RC poster
    I had similar symptoms when my LiPo was almost dead. But you said that you were trying with different batteries.
    Last edited by emay; 03-14-2018 at 09:45 AM.

RC poster
    I have two (identical) LiPo batteries, and I doubt that are both faulty. When I check them with a battery tester, they are fully charged. I didn't had any issues with it so far.