Thread: RPM rear A arms

RC poster

RPM rear A arms

Hey...I bought part RPM 80182. Im really having a hard time getting the metal pin all the way through. Is this a common issue or is this the wrong part # ? Ive got a 4x4 VXL. Thanks

RC poster
    That part doesn't state it explicitly fits 4x4's. I believe what you need is the RPM 80702. 80702 is listed as fitting the 4x4 and fits both front and rear.

I've been part hunting for my stampede 4x4 and from what I can tell if parts aren't listed as fitting the 4x4 then they more than likely only fit the 2wd.
    Last edited by kreeg; 01-22-2018 at 10:44 PM.

RC poster
    Ok thanks ...I will try that.

One thing that can hint to being for 2WD is if it includes the Rustler as part of its fit list. There is no 4x4 Rustler.

Or go with 6082-01 protrac arms. blue has protrac arms, red is stock. Wider = more stable lol. Plastic drive shafts will work, P4de MIP drive shafts dont. Youll need to order longer MIP half shafts(part # 11105) to be long enough to work with protrac arms. I saw a posts with proline drives shafts thatll work with the longer arms but the links didnt work.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 02-25-2018 at 02:55 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Or go with 6082-01 protrac arms. blue has protrac arms, red is stock. Wider = more stable lol. Plastic drive shafts will work, P4de MIP drive shafts dont. Youll need to order longer MIP half shafts(part # 11105) to be long enough to work with protrac arms. I saw a posts with proline drives shafts thatll work with the longer arms but the links didnt work.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    How would you rate the "feel" of the protrac a-arms? Stiffer than stock, more flexible, heavier? I am building a rather heavy truck and want a wider stance but don't want to compromise durability at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    How would you rate the "feel" of the protrac a-arms? Stiffer than stock, more flexible, heavier? I am building a rather heavy truck and want a wider stance but don't want to compromise durability at all.
    Just as good, if not better than stock. Been running for couple of yrs, (not sure exactly how long but been a good long while) and no issues with them. The stability is good on 4s its kinda hard to and almost never does flip on lid out in street. In grass and bashing its reduced roll over and flipping 60-70% of the time. The times it does its due to raw speed of 4-6s bashing and street runs. Ive had it in upper 80's mph, front wheels lifted, air got under propelling it in to air like a airplane taking off. It flipped and rolled so far... arms were fine still running them. This was P4de with a 4tec body on it in speed run form.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-02-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Good to hear thanks for the info. Building a Slash 4x4 into a 1/8th scale monster truck. The extra width will allow for many more body options. Thanks again.