Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    For some reason, first thing I thought of when seeing this amazing looking setup was Flight of the Navigator.

I haven't thought of that movie in a long time!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    It never even crossed my mind to measure the height. I had thought about length however. What mah batteries do you run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look at the link for the straps. The sizes show the straps' inside diameter.

As for my batteries:

SPC 6500mAh 65C 3S
    and
    SPC 6500mAh 65C 4S

It never even crossed my mind to measure the height. I had thought about length however. What mah batteries do you run?

I got the 19". gooped and wrapped around the whole body. Was a perfect fit, especially for 4s.
    Choose Life !!!

Here's the straps on Lektro's rig:

Love the thread. Thank you for everything. Ill keep my questions here.

Oops! Just noticed that I said Hot "Racing wing mount" on the first post.
    It is the STRC wing mount from their e-Buggy conversion kit.

No worries glad that you said that now before I went ahead and looked it up and ordered it cuz right now I am waiting for my slash 4x4 ultimate to arrive with some mods I ordered and from there I'm going to take your advice and sort of copy your build if you don't mind

I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC with the 2200 KV motor if anyone knows of where I can get that combo please inform me ASAP thank you all

RC Champion
    eBay has the 2650kv combos but I donít see the 2200kv one listed there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC with the 2200 KV motor if anyone knows of where I can get that combo please inform me ASAP thank you all
    http://www.activepowersports.com/cas...4503-10014503/

Itís my go to place. They almost always have the cheapest prices. In this case itís almost $60 off.

I ordered from here. Itís not some kind of scam.

Thank you for that link my only concern is there is no photo or information on it I guess I can email them and ask what is going on cuz that is a great deal or possibly could you email them and ask if they actually have the Mamba Monster X ESC with the 2200 KV motor combo in stock personally it would be easier I'm not good with computers

I just want to make sure it is the actual Castle Creations combo that is supposed to be because honestly with no photos or information regarding the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC with the 2200 KV sensored motor combo makes me a little bit iffy because I have had issues with fraud in the past. You know what they say if it's too good to be true that it might just be that but thank all of you for your help and it would be great to come across that combo of course you cannot forget the Castle Creations Quick Connect Duo but that you can find pretty much anywhere

RC Enthusiast
    How well does that Arrma body seal to the slash chassis?

I did not Velcro the body directly to the chassis if that is what you wanted to know. The body was slightly wider. I could have used velcro on the nerf bars, but I didn't want to.

I cut down my nerf bars and stuck screws through them to use my ProLine body mount caps:

Last edited by Squeegie; 02-05-2019 at 02:44 PM.

I've noticed that the ST Racing e-buggy conversion kit utilizes single-point mounts for the front & rear...however, the Typhon body utilizes a double-mount in the rear. Additionally, it appears that you didn't use either (front, or rear) it the conversion kit pieces for mounting the body. What are you using, instead?

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Please see the post above (post #135) for how I mounted the rear.

For the front, I did use the STRC front mount. I put an aluminum plate under it to mount my blue LEDs. I also drilled and tapped the hole larger to fit an M4 screw to accept a ProLine body mount cap.

If you enlarge the photo, you can see the STRC mount:

RC Enthusiast
    I mean...how well it fit without a lot of gap or how tight it is to the chassis?

I am not at home to measure it, but look at how I cut the nerf bar. It fits perfectly to the inner part of the stock nerf bars. If you wanted to Velcro it directly to the chassis, it may fit, but the sides would be slightly pushed in.

Please see the post above (post #135) for how I mounted the rear.

For the front, I did use the STRC front mount. I put an aluminum plate under it to mount my blue LEDs. I also drilled and tapped the hole larger to fit an M4 screw to accept a ProLine body mount cap.

If you enlarge the photo, you can see the STRC mount:

First, some some reason, the second photo is showing. Second, if I'm understanding correctly...and, please correct me if I'm missing something...you attached the Typhon body using three connection points - front/center (ie. the pre-drilled hole, which you enlarged), left-side lower-back, & right-side lower-back. As for the standard rear 2-point attachment point (ie. the 2 factory pre-drilled holes), those you left alone/unused.

Last edited by Panther6834; 02-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Yup!

RC Qualifier
    http://www.activepowersports.com/cas...4503-10014503/

Itís my go to place. They almost always have the cheapest prices. In this case itís almost $60 off.

I ordered from here. Itís not some kind of scam.

I got taken once by this company, they claimed they had some discontinued parts, i ordered two and never received anything. They'll give you a bogus email message and that's the last i heard of my order. I was unable to contact them.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I got taken once by this company, they claimed they had some discontinued parts, i ordered two and never received anything. They'll give you a bogus email message and that's the last i heard of my order. I was unable to contact them.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    That's when you contact your bank/CC-company. They'll get your money back. Typically, you get your money within 1-3 business days. As for the bank/CC-company getting their money back, it's as simple as reversing the charge internally.

On top of that, most banks/CC-companies will block charges to certain companies once a certain number of "problems" have occurred, so, if that company does that in a regular basis (not saying they do...only IF they do), bank ABC and/or CC-company XYZ wouldn't allow any future charges to be pushed through.

Yes, this might irritate some customers, especially when they very a "charge declined" email from the business, but, when they call their bank/CC-company, and it's explained to them why the charge was declined, most customers will be thankful that the bank/CC-company protected them from a potentially fraudulent activity (on the part of the business).

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had ordered stuff from them a long time ago. They had stuff listed "In Stock" when no one else had them. I ordered and they said that the parts weren't available. They (or Paypal) refunded my payment.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had ordered stuff from them a long time ago. They had stuff listed "In Stock" when no one else had them. I ordered and they said that the parts weren't available. They (or Paypal) refunded my payment.
    Although I have a VERY strong dislike for eBay (PayPal's parent company), PayPal is extremely good when dealing with those types of matters. I've have several problems worth eBay, but NONE with PayPal, including eBay problems handled thru PayPal.

RC Qualifier
    I'm an eBay kind of guy, love eBay, but I do always do every single online transaction through PayPal. Also squeegie what fan mount/shroud was that on post #125?

The pics in post #125 are not of my rig.

That was the late great Lektro's rig:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6462095

He did not say what it was, but it looks like Integy:
    https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?...w#.XFtrIc9Kh24

Looking sleek and fast as always squeegie!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxBash View Post
    Looking sleek and fast as always squeegie!
    Thank you!

As much as I love the looks of this body set-up, I miss my BAJR and Baja bodies...

The Slash 4x4 LCG pre-roller chassis got delivered yesterday, and the Rustler 4x4 LCG pre-roller chassis shipped this morning. Now, it's just a matter of determining if my buggy body of choice will fit the Rusty chassis. Is=f so, my build will be based on the Rusty chassis, and I'll use the Slash chassis for something else. However, if the body won't fit on the Rusty chassis, it'll go on the Slash chassis, and the Rusty chassis will be used for another idea I've come up with.

I've also compiled parts lists for both vehicles, although I'm still undecided on the shocks, F/R driveshafts (and steering knuckles, depending on what driveshafts I select), and all electronics (the electronics can wait until after the rest is built).

As promised to Steeeve in his "evolution" thread, here is an update for this rig:

I finially got around to soldering my CC6.5mm connectors to my Tekin RX8 Gen3 ESC. Have not finalized my wire routing, switch mount, and tuning via Tekin's Hotwire Bluetooth (plugs into the ESC's fan input):

I purchased the parts I needed to change my tires to 1/5 GRPs. I had to ditch the Tekin M6 F/R CVD drive shafts and install MIPs to use their keyed axles that the adapters required:

and yes, I decided to put larger diameter/bore shocks on it as well:

I think thats it for now.

Until the next update...

Have fun!

I was trying to figure out what was mounted at the front of the chassis, just above the servo. All of a sudden, it hit me - the blue LEDs? Good to see the updates on yours, especially the larger-bore shocks.

I could say I haven't had the time to work on my Rustler-based version for several months...but, the truth is, I've gotten heavily into the RC FE boating scene (currently, 7 boats, plus a hull from Germany (Hydro & Machine) that I'll the building into a twin-motor/ESC micro-class cat over the next few months), including to race boats (a NAMBA P-Limited monohull, plus a P-open twin cat).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Last edited by Panther6834; 08-14-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I was trying to figure out what was mounted at the front of the chassis, just above the servo. All of a sudden, it hit me - the blue LEDs? Good to see the updates on yours, especially the larger-bore shocks.

I could say I haven't had the time to work on my Rustler-based version for several months...but, the truth is, I've gotten heavily into the RC FE boating scene (currently, 7 boats, plus a hull from Germany (Hydro & Machine) that I'll the building into a twin-motor/ESC micro-class cat over the next few months), including to race boats (a NAMBA P-Limited monohull, plus a P-open twin cat).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Yes, that is still the blue LED lightbar up there. I may get rid of it and put red lights in the back of the rig instead.

I am glad that I don't have a lake near me. If I did, I would probably get into RC boats as well. As it is, I only have one RC boat in my pool to help me keep it clean:

I need a new battery pack for it... mine is dead.

I am glad that I don't have a lake near me. If I did, I would probably get into RC boats as well. As it is, I only have one RC boat in my pool to help me keep it clean:

I need a new battery pack for it... mine is dead.
    You might only have one RC "boat"...and, I'm guessing, is probably super-slow...but, it looks "fun". Plus, it actually has a 'purpose'.

I just sit with my feet in the pool and pilot the boat/catamaran around to catch all the leaves on the surface of my pool... It beats walking around the pool with a pole and net!

I just sit with my feet in the pool and pilot the boat/catamaran around to catch all the leaves on the surface of my pool... It beats walking around the pool with a pole and net!
    If I ever buy/rent a house with a pool (our current condo has a pool, but the condo has "hired help"), I'll need to get me one of those.

RC Qualifier
    As promised to Steeeve in his "evolution" thread, here is an update for this rig:
    Wow, thank you for the pics!

What a rig - stunning attention to detail as always, so clean and tidy, and a really unique look. Very envious!

I know you like to run your bodies low, but that roofline is below the top of the tyres!! Fantastic...

Love those front LEDs too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Can remember if I asked before, but where did you get the LED bar from? Could use one inside my Project Predator build.

RC Racer
    I like this. Alot

It seems like something you throw around corners in an asphalt circuit
    "Speed and power solve many things"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast