RC poster

Cool Problems steering when stopped, when moving truck turns fine (got a video)

Ive got a xmaxx v2 running 8s. Lately ive been having a hard time steering the truck when stopped. I have completely lost steering before but its rare. It can happen with fully charged batteries and within minutes of taking it out. If i run the truck normal speeds its turns just fine. I was hoping the ESC was the problem and installed a hobbywing max6 to no avail. Ive got the 2085x servo, and hot racing aluminum servo horn. The fans slow down when turning as well. Heres the video:
    https://youtu.be/iQsqRs8gLm4

RC Qualifier
    Did you set the esc bec to 7.4v for the servo 2085x ?

RC Racer
    Keep in mind that the org receiver can not stand 7.4v before you raise bec. May be the servosaver who needs to be tighten.

RC poster
    I have original receiver, and steering seemed to work fine the days prior to installation. I do remember the new 2085x servo saver spring popping off once cause i got it too tight. Let me take a look at the servo saver.

RC poster
    I noticed some of the bushings associated with the front steering needed replacing and i adjusted the servo saver some. The pinion gear fell off after a short run so ill have to test it tomorrow after the loctite dries.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    Keep in mind that the org receiver can not stand 7.4v before you raise bec. May be the servosaver who needs to be tighten.
    Good catch sorry.

@REX121 : 2085 needs 6v. 2085x needs 7.4v

You esc is delivering 6v to your receiver.

You can't set it to 7.4v otherwise u will burn the receiver.

The 2085x needs 7.4v. Do some search on the forum about BEC solutions

RC poster
    You could use an external Bec strictly for the servo

RC poster
    im having a hard time figuring out this BEC thing. I have no idea where to look for answers on how to install one or where to purchase one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

RC poster
    White wire on steering servo plug goes to receiver (signal). Black and red [the other two wires whatever color you have] go to the bec for power. Bec input hooks to battery for power

This one is 6s Max input

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle-...BoCz8wQAvD_BwE

Last edited by Jrjr; 03-04-2018 at 05:57 PM.

RC poster
    ok i follow you, cool ill find one for 8s and give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    the receiver will take 7.4v from what i have seen.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC poster
    Called traxxas and they said the 2085x servo will take 4.7 to 7.4v and 6.0 is just fine. I sent the servo to them and just found out it must be worth replacing cause im getting a new servo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by REX121 View Post
    im having a hard time figuring out this BEC thing. I have no idea where to look for answers on how to install one or where to purchase one. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    If you decide the BEC route, Ive installed one in my Sl4sh and it should be a similar procedure in the XMAXX.
    Hope this helps:

RC Enthusiast
    I had the exact same issue on my 6s. Turns out there was water in the receiver box. I dried that out and seemed to cure the issue. I dunno, it worked for me.

RC poster
    Awesome video Iftibashir, thanks!

REX,
    For what it's worth, I had very similar steering issues with my TRX4 not too long ago. I ended up swapping my receiver for a new one, and haven't had another problem yet (using the same servo that seemed week, now has full power again). I even packed the rx case with dielectric grease to keep the new rx dry (just the rx case, not the whole receiver box, lol).

Hopefully the replacement servo from Traxxas will have you back up & running, and if you ever decide to use a bec, the Castle Creations 2.0 & 2.0 waterproof both support up to 12s input!

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/cse010-0153-00.htm

Good luck man!