Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Diff Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rymesis View Post
    HobbyTown had a set sitting there....staring at me like the puppies you see in those commercials.
    (lol) I use that face with my wife...works every time.

A side note though, I do run a MM2 with a 1515 2200kv on 4s in my E-Maxx.
    That's how you're getting away with using the stock plastic shafts. Running 4s isn't a bad thing, but 6s with a Emaxx is way funner.

As is it will do standing backflips and flip over at full-brake at top speed, how do you even control 6s?
    You can't have a weak constitution that's for sure. (lol) I run default settings with my 6s MM2, have my suspension stiffened and raised, and you have to get use to using some throttle control.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Racer
    I took my time and carefully rebuilt my diffs years ago and they are still running strong on 4S. How are the spirals running Reglarguy?
    E-Maxx 150A and 2100kv 4-pole

I like the spirals, but they don't run any better than the stockers. The big thing for me (because, I run 6s) wasn't the spirals. It was changing my two pinion bearings over to bushings. If you're running 4s, though, you're good to go with completely stock diffs. Someday, if you ever go to 6s, save yourself a lot of heartache and go with pinion gear bushings rather than bearings.

RC poster
    Thanks for the writeup, i live in denmark and i need some links to buy the shims etc.

can you post some?

RC Champion
    I pick up all mine off of Ebay from this seller and it's pretty fast shipping.These are the 3 sizes I use for my Emaxx but they have all the sizes you require.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-Sta...AAAOSwwFleGAD7
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-3RA...4AAOSwxVReDtvq
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-Sta...wAAOSwkkxeGBTn

Actually, the pleasures all mine, and thank you very much for your kind words. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and remember that the Emaxx is (and always will be) the greatest American monster truck ever produced!

Looks like the link to the tamiya bushings went bad.

This currently works:
    https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/7-dig...bearing-58549/

This also finds them via google:
    tamiya 1260 9415549
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Champion
    You can order through these guy's. The size used to be standard but they still produce them.
    American Sleeve Bearing
    800-969-2721 ph
    800-969-5966 fx
    sales@asbbearings.com
    ZM 612-04 with a minimum order of 15 @ 1.50 U.S.
    I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    You can order through these guy's. The size used to be standard but they still produce them.
    American Sleeve Bearing
    800-969-2721 ph
    800-969-5966 fx
    sales@asbbearings.com
    ZM 612-04 with a minimum order of 15 @ 1.50 U.S.
    I hope this helps.
    Is ZM 612-04 the part number?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Is ZM 612-04 the part number?
    Yes,I couldn't find it searching so I had emailed and that is the number they sent back. At $1.50 US I thought they were reasonable but the $30.00 US shipping puts a damper on getting them to Canada lol.

Man, 30 bucks just for shipping a hand full of bushings. Yeah, you'd almost have to get a personal loan out to pay for that. (lol) That's crazy!

Yes,I couldn't find it searching so I had emailed and that is the number they sent back. At $1.50 US I thought they were reasonable but the $30.00 US shipping puts a damper on getting them to Canada lol.
    This is what I got for a search on the asb site:

Pretty sad that we have to email them for a standard bearing/bushing size and beg for them.

Man, 30 bucks just for shipping a hand full of bushings. Yeah, you'd almost have to get a personal loan out to pay for that. (lol) That's crazy!
    Your original link to the bushings is working; however, the shipping is less than stellar as well:

$13.67 for shipping two bushings is somehow justified compared to $30 for shipping 15 or more pieces from American Sleeve Bearing?

The only way it would pay off ordering from your link is if you could order more than one set; but the seller seems to have set restrictions on selling them bulk so he could charge the shipping individually on each set ordered.......well it use to be that way back in 2018 for his shipping practices.

He doesn't let you know that until your order is placed and the transaction went through. By that time, it is too late to realize you got highway robbed and you have to contact PayPal directly to cancel the order because PayPal shows as a $41 charge for four bushings.

On top of that, you have to pay for return shipping if you found out too late that you're paying double shipping. It's right there in his listing that the buyer pays return shipping, even within the thirty day period.

He breaks the order up to make a profit.

In other words, when he sells them (2 pieces in each set) he ships them out as separate orders when you order more than one set so he can charge the shipping charge to each set shipped separately.

There must be a reason why only 17 were sold considering how many E-Maxx owners there are that know about this fix, and I think the reason I outlined above is the reason.

I don't know, maybe he has changed that policy since 2018 because he has 100% positive feedback; but I don't think many have ordered since 2018 because of his double shipping charge tactic used back then in 2018 when I went to order them.

I was lucky, I caught it before I hit the purchase button; because a message popped up that the order may be shipped in several shipments if ordering more than one set.

Also, I would like to point out something very important. Even if you don't like what a seller is doing on eBay, be very careful about leaving negative feedback because that seller will blacklist you as a buyer.

I leave positive feedback even if I'm not happy with a seller because those sellers are starting to communicate with each other and they are banning buyers left and right anymore.

It would be pretty sad if you want to buy something you really want and only one seller offers it on eBay but you find out you've been blacklisted by the seller.

It is going to get ugly!
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-15-2021 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Updated
    Sent from my autonomous device.

RC Champion
    Not sure if you recall Flux, I posted to I beleive one of your threads about a year ago and I had actually posted the wrong p/n #.
    You went onto their site and found the right p/n# and updated on it.

Since then from what ASB had told me it used to be a standard bushing that isn't listed anymore. They still make them you just have to contact them and they might have some in stock or you might have to wait until they make another run of them.
    Shipping price may vary for you rc guy's in the U.S.A. I was quoted 29.90 to Canada on the west coast which is tough to justify with our dollar exchange, possible duty and understandable shipping.

For any of you living in the U.S. I'm sure shipping is alot better for you and easier then ordering over seas.

How can you pass up on American made lol.
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 01-15-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling error

Not sure if you recall Flux, I posted to I beleive one of your threads about a year ago and I had actually posted the wrong p/n #.
    You went onto their site and found the right p/n# and updated on it.
    Yes, I remember because it was THIS thread.

It really ticks me off because that thread had detailed logs and Screencast (My photo hosting choice at the time) decided to pull a stupid tactic that flushed my picture cache. They immediately lost my business within 4 hours of pulling that little stint and I never paid them another dime.

Since then from what ASB had told me it used to be a standard bushing that isn't listed anymore. They still make them you just have to contact them and they might have some in stock or you might have to wait until they make another run of them.
    Too many "mights" in that second sentence!

Frankly, I'm getting tired of this routine where a customer actually has to create an account with the company, then you have to verify your email, do a text message routine and then maybe if you're lucky, they will have the product in stock.

In other words, a lot of sites are moving away from guest checkout procedures.

How can you pass up on American made lol.
    Pretty easily actually, because for some reason a lot of companies here seem to think because they assemble the product in the states it is American made; when in reality, all the parts are foreign made or imported.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-15-2021 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Updated.

I don't know if COVID19 has anything to do with it now, but back when I got mine, I got 20 bushings shipped to me for a total price of just under 30 bucks. It took just under a month to get them, and I remember I couldn't track them. I got mine though eBay, and I remember it saying that they were being imported from either London or England. How come I remember is, I remember thinking "why the heck can people get these things in England, and not in the United States." I remember thinking, that...that was kind of silly.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-16-2021 at 06:44 AM.

I don't know if COVID19 has anything to do with it now, but back when I got mine, I got 20 bushings shipped to me for a total price of just under 30 bucks. It took just under a month to get them, and I remember I couldn't track them. I got mine though eBay, and I remember it saying that they were being imported from either London or England. How come I remember is, I remember thinking "why the heck can people get these things in England, and not in the United States." I remember thinking, that...that was kind of silly.
    Did you use your post #26 eBay suggestion I mentioned in post #52 to buy your bushings?

Covid-19 wasn't a problem back in 2018 when your post #26 linked my screenshot in post #52.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-17-2021 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Updated.

A lot happened from post 26 to post 52. Originally, I made my bushings, and posted how I made them out of Traxxas parts in another post. In that post, one of the guys found that you could get them from England on this one link, so that's when I got mine. Then (for some reason) that link (the one the guy told us about and where I got my bushings) didn't work anymore.

So then (I can't remember who), another guy told us about how we could get them from another place on eBay. All this came about in my original post of how to make your own bushings; not this post. This post doesn't show how to make your own bushings, or the links that those other guys came up with.

I just now went down stairs to see, and refresh my memory. I bought 3 packs of 15 each, and I rebuilt 4 diffs (two are in my Emaxx and two are my spares). I now have 2 packs of 15, and 1 pack with 7 bushings in it. My receipt says that I paid 10 bucks per pack with a shipping charge of 13 bucks. I don't know how much they are now or where you can get them, but I did file away the Tamiya part number just in case. Back then, I thought that the price I paid for everything was pretty reasonable.

Before I went down stairs, though, I thought I just bought two 10 packs, but it turns out that I bought three 10 packs. I bought a bunch of them, because they were kind of a pain to get, and it seems you can't depend on these links to stay active for very long. So, if you guys can get some for a good price I'd jump on it. If not, look up that post I made a while back on how to make your own. They're quick and easy to make after you get past making your first one.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-18-2021 at 09:41 AM.

A lot happened from post 26 to post 52. Originally, I made my bushings, and posted how I made them out of Traxxas parts in another post. In that post, one of the guys found that you could get them from England on this one link, so that's when I got mine. Then (for some reason) that link (the one the guy told us about and where I got my bushings) didn't work anymore.
    Thanks for the information and explanation!

That was a good point about the links not staying active for long; however, my point was that your post #26 (although it is not a link) worked when I typed in what you had word for word on that particular post that you said to type in on eBay as reflected in my post #52.

One thing though.....I wish you could give us that seller link that is letting them go at 10 bushings per pack; but let me guess, that seller probably doesn't have an active link anymore, right?
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-18-2021 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Updated.

Adding my .02

1/12/21 Called ASB bearings about purchasing the bushings as they weren't listed. That evening they emailed my a quote. $1.25ea. $15 minimum
    1/13/21 Ordered the bushings over the phone. I paid $12 for shipping by FedEx because the cheaper USPS is all messed up right now and didn't want to deal with the uncertainty of delivery.
    1/18/21 I received the bushings this morning. Total price for 12ea was $15.00 plus $12 delivery equals $27.00 total.

If I ordered them through the Ebay person from England it would have been $60 w/delivery for 12ea.

A big thanks to Rain Dawg for finding a local source.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Adding my .02

1/12/21 Called ASB bearings about purchasing the bushings as they weren't listed. That evening they emailed my a quote. $1.25ea. $15 minimum
    1/13/21 Ordered the bushings over the phone. I paid $12 for shipping by FedEx because the cheaper USPS is all messed up right now and didn't want to deal with the uncertainty of delivery.
    1/18/21 I received the bushings this morning. Total price for 12ea was $15.00 plus $12 delivery equals $27.00 total.

If I ordered them through the Ebay person from England it would have been $60 w/delivery for 12ea.

Wow! That's a big difference from when I got mine. I'm glad I bought a bunch of them when I had the chance. There must be a difference between them shipping to the U.S. and them shipping to Canada. You think it would be the opposite, though, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Thanks for the information and explanation!

That was a good point about the links not staying active for long; however, my point was that your post #26 (although it is not a link) worked when I typed in what you had word for word on that particular post that you said to type in on eBay as reflected in my post #52.

One thing though.....I wish you could give us that seller link that is letting them go at 10 bushings per pack; but let me guess, that seller probably doesn't have an active link anymore, right?
    That's what I understand. From what the guys told me back in that one post (several years ago), they said that link went sugar-lumps up. I had it in my "favorites" for future use, but dumped it when I kept getting this "404" message like they said they were getting too. Anyway, like I say, I did keep the part number on file in case I ever needed it as a key word for Google.

I found that first post on how to make your own bushings. You have to go down a ways, because that's back when we all got screwed over by Photobucket (pictures start at post 18). Also, it has that original link I used that doesn't work anymore.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ntial-Miracles

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Adding my .02

No problem grizzly03, glad it worked out for you.

RC poster
    Saw that my old link stopped working so I figured I'd post one that works (for now)

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/7-dig...bearing-58549/

Holy molly, five bucks a pop. That's pretty pricey, but a good find anyway. I'll put it in my Favorites just incase I ever need it. Thanks.

ReglarGuy,

Your advancement is certainly inevitable. I was online at Google and I saw one of your pictures of your upgrades. Pictures of Traxxas Brushless E-MAXX Upgrades there online are demonstrating the reality of your fun hobby for others online at TRAXXAS. Sir, I am personally excited for your role!
    Last edited by maximum; 05-03-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12