RC poster

Been reading alot here..but just registered. Got a question

Hey guys I have a question. I've search the forum and I couldnt find the answer. I recently acquired a Aton+. I ordered a Venom 5000mah 35C lipo battery. The stock charger is blinking red when I plug in the venom battery with the correct adapter provided. I even tried pushing it in as hard as I can. I notice on the adapter..there's no balance lead. So do I need to get a different charger or will the stock charger work still?

RC Racer

Been reading alot here..but just registered. Got a question

Quote Originally Posted by wakk0 View Post
    Hey guys I have a question. I've search the forum and I couldnt find the answer. I recently acquired a Aton+. I ordered a Venom 5000mah 35C lipo battery. The stock charger is blinking red when I plug in the venom battery with the correct adapter provided. I even tried pushing it in as hard as I can. I notice on the adapter..there's no balance lead. So do I need to get a different charger or will the stock charger work still?
    The charger that comes with your aton is only for Traxxas 3s lipos up to 5000mah. If you have an aftermarket lipo, you need a different charger. The Traxxas ID, live and dual chargers have balance ports in the front so you can use aftermarket lipos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dronenewbie; 03-04-2018 at 01:27 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    The charger that comes with your aton is only for Traxxas 3s lipos up to 5000mah. If you have an aftermarket lipo, you need a different charger. The Traxxas ID, live and dual chargers have balance ports in the front so you can use aftermarket lipos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. After awhile..I figured that. Now to decide to return the battery or just get the dual traxxas charger.