RC Enthusiast

Angry Trouble please help please loseing patients

I have changed my clutch spring and shoes because the spring had broke, it was working good in forwards and reverse before the change. Just have gone to try it and it is in forward gear on the controller but when I rev it it doesnít move but after a sec or so it goes clunk and goes into reverse I believe ? But works fine in reverse. This is a start from cold running for a few mins on idle could of be where itís not warmed up. Also when I start it the clutch bell is spinning quite fast and makes the clutch slipper assembly spin to ? But the wheels arnt spinning please help not sure what it is

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdavis19 View Post
    I have changed my clutch spring and shoes because the spring had broke, it was working good in forwards and reverse before the change. Just have gone to try it and it is in forward gear on the controller but when I rev it it doesnít move but after a sec or so it goes clunk and goes into reverse I believe ? But works fine in reverse. This is a start from cold running for a few mins on idle could of be where itís not warmed up. Also when I start it the clutch bell is spinning quite fast and makes the clutch slipper assembly spin to ? But the wheels arnt spinning please help not sure what it is
    This happens to me as well last year.
    I never figured out what the issue was.
    I just removed engine, checked clutch and reinstalled.
    Everything was fine after.

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Hm okay I have just took it all apart tho and put the new clutch spring and shoes in, anyone else have any surgestions please say

RC Enthusiast
    Could I have my clutch shoes the wrong way ? Does it matter? just looked at the old ones they fly open different way if I turn them over does that matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdavis19 View Post
    Could I have my clutch shoes the wrong way ? Does it matter? just looked at the old ones they fly open different way if I turn them over does that matter ?
    It will still run with the clutch backwards. I would check the linkage for the reverse servo and see how smooth the servo runs. It shouldn't switch to reverse unless you tell it to.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Enthusiast
    I’ll have a look