RC Competitor

My Take on Bigfoot No. 1

Ever since I saw this body a couple years ago I wanted one. I just recently got back into the RC hobby and decided I wanted to tackle this body, but didn't want a 2wd truck, so I bought a 4wd Pede and made the body. Enjoy!

RC poster
    its sooo pretty!
    Whatever i just typed, it could be wrong.

Traxxas Marshal
    That looks great!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

That looks really nice! I have contemplated getting the Bigfoot #1 many times but just don't need a 2wd pede. Thanks for sharing!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by czlynx View Post
    That looks really nice! I have contemplated getting the Bigfoot #1 many times but just don't need a 2wd pede. Thanks for sharing!
    The body should bolt right up to what you have. I actually have the 4X4 pede, not the factory Bigfoot 1 truck. What I like is I used a metallic blue and the blacked out the bed and got a custom ford decal for the back to give it my own custom look.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The Bigfoot rear mounts are more narrow. Just need to be aware. I actually run those mounts on my P4de so I can run more bodies with the Proline caps.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    The Bigfoot rear mounts are more narrow. Just need to be aware. I actually run those mounts on my P4de so I can run more bodies with the Proline caps.
    The new style Bigfoot & Skully bodies have the narrower rear mounts, but not this one. The holes are pre drilled and it fit perfect on my truck.

RC poster
    Meangreen1979 it looks fantastic!

I'm new to the R/C hobby but remember seeing the Bigfoot 1 a couple years ago. At the time I said one of these days. Fast forward to this winter when I decided to finally pull the trigger on it, only to discover at the last second it was just 2 wheel drive. Doh!!!!

Knowing I wanted a Monster 4x4 I too got the Stampede VXL, and my first items of order where the Bigfoot body parts. Now in the time it took for everything to arrive I actually changed my mind how I wanted to finish it. Although I love the Bigfoot look I decided to make my truck a tribute to my late Uncle's 1979 Ford 4 x 4. I was just a kid and he used to take me out off roading and hill climbing in it. It's one of my favorite memories as a child, and having my R/C look like his truck just lights up my face a reminds me our time together.

However after seeing how nice yours looks I'm tempted to get another one and do it up like the Bigfoot. Why not have both. LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    The new style Bigfoot & Skully bodies have the narrower rear mounts, but not this one. The holes are pre drilled and it fit perfect on my truck.
    Awesome. Iím glad to hear that.

RC poster
    Great job! I don't have any RC experience but I happen to see the Bigfoot No.1 and wanted a 4x4 version as well (come on it's Bigfoot!).

I've been trying to figure out what I needed to get it done. If I needed to mod anything or what. Nice to know it all just fits. I know what I'm ordering soon

Can you point me to what mounts are needed to run the newer Bigfoot body as well? I kind of like that too and wouldn't mind having it as an alternate.

Would have been really nice, to see what steps you took to make that body.... Interesting!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Bought one of these brand new in 79 and in 82 traded it in on a 82 Ford 4x4 step-side now after seeing this I wish I had kept it, newer isn't always better.
    Nice job I'm going to grab one of these for our Stampede.

RC poster

Better late than never..

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    Ever since I saw this body a couple years ago I wanted one. I just recently got back into the RC hobby and decided I wanted to tackle this body, but didn't want a 2wd truck, so I bought a 4wd Pede and made the body. Enjoy!

Sick Truck Bro! Your Bigfoot looks more like the real Bigfoot than the Traxxas lol, if you don't mind me asking, what brand of paint and what is the color blue you used to achieve that dark blue metallic paint job? Also what did you back it with?