RC Enthusiast

Binding fails some times.

I just got a new truck with the bluetooth module. Bound to all my old cars that use the TQi radio. Updated software as part of the binding process.

I now have to turn on and off the TQi and car several times before i can get it to bind. This includes the new truck.

I plug the battery and esc and leave them connected for several races. I do not turn on TQi, plug in battery and then turn on ESC.

I turn on TQi and then the ESC. Usually the receiver shows a red light.

I turn off ESC and then TQi. Then back on . Have to do this several times to get the green light to come on.

I now have the same problem with the car's original TQi.

Thus I never know if I can run a car as the binding is unreliable.

Any suggestions on how to get the transmitter and car to bind the first time I turn them on?

RC poster

Bind

I have 2 different transmitters as well as 2 different models of receivers, all of which are compatible with each other. I have a nitro rustler as well as VXL Stampede. Iíve recently noticed intermittent bind issues as well as intermittent quirky behavior after binding. The receivers arenít very weatherproof and I discovered that after spraying denatured alcohol cleaner on the trucks and then using my air compressor to blow off, crud was getting inside the receiver box. After taking apart the receiver box, spraying the receiver clean with electronic parts cleaner, I no longer have any issues binding or driving. Iíve since installed my receivers inside of the traxxas waterproof box.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
    I just got a new truck with the bluetooth module. Bound to all my old cars that use the TQi radio. Updated software as part of the binding process.

I now have to turn on and off the TQi and car several times before i can get it to bind. This includes the new truck.

I plug the battery and esc and leave them connected for several races. I do not turn on TQi, plug in battery and then turn on ESC.

I turn off ESC and then TQi. Then back on . Have to do this several times to get the green light to come on.

Any suggestions on how to get the transmitter and car to bind the first time I turn them on?

RC Enthusiast
    My receivers are inside the water proof box and for the past few weeks have not be running on anything wet.
    However I do run on a lot of lose dirt and sand but when I checked the water proof box keep out the dirt.

I have just started to turn on the vehicle then the transponder and that seems to work. My tentative conclusion is that the transceiver is set to car A (just finished running) and when I turn on the transceiver and then car B they do not match since the transceiver is looking for car A. When I turn on car B and then the transiver no problem. Will have to do some more testing to see if this continues to work.

rjm,
    You could just have a receiver that went bad. I had almost the same thing happen on my fairly new TRX4 Land Rover, receiver was bone dry inside a waterproof Rx box. I took the case off of the receiver to inspect closely, everything looked brand new. I put the hair dryer on it for a short bit, put it all back together & still had to turn the transmitter on and off multiple times before I got all green from the Rx & was able to drive the truck.

I bought a new TSM Rx #6533, and the truck links up first try every time so far!

Good luck man, hope this helps.
    9.7mph 3s TRX-4 Land Rover

RC Enthusiast

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post

If I turn on the car first then the TQI and ESC communicate. Assume the TQI looks for the last car it was linked too so when I change cars the TQI has to be the last item turned.