RC Enthusiast

GRP tires review

Hello everyone, this is a review of the GRP tires that I use on my Rustler
    Iíve been using GRP Velocity S4 tires for about a year now on my Rustler. Iíve never had any issues, blowouts, lack of traction etc...
    They perform very well. Here in Europe they are cheaper than in the US. I can get a full set for 35 bucks shipping and handling. In the first 10 months of owning these tires, I used them for 70-72 mph speedruns with my rustler. Soon I will be upgrading my Rustler to do 80+ mph on 4s lipo. I will be using the same tires. They are perfectly fine at 70 mph, though Iíve seen some (just a few) blowouts around 85-100 mph. This scares me a little haha, even though there are thousands of people using these tires.
    I do suggest that you check your tires before and after every run. Especially when doing 80+ mph. They are rated at 160 mph, but this number will decrease rapidly if you donít take good care of your tires. Just check the glue joint and make sure that the tires donít have any tears in them. You should be good to go then.
    Big shoutout to GRP! Many rc car tire brands use foam. Like jaco, exceed and bsr. These brands didnít want to go with rubber tires, because they would explode a lot easier. And GRP proved them wrong they created tires with the best quality rubber EVER. Super sticky (better grip than foam), pretty cheap and double carbon fiber bands all vulcanised together to create small pieces of art. I love GRP, and I will be using them forever. For speedruns, track racing, GRP is the way to go.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Glad you took the time to use and review the tire.

I have 2 sets of glocs. One set not taped and one set gooped with fiberglass. The goop is so tough there is no way they will balloon. I will go for 60 to 70 on the non taped. Once I reach that goal. I will go with my taped glocs and stay at 70 in the beginning. If they feel good at 70. my goal would then be 90 to 110. If I have not totaled the car by now. and am comfortable with speed runs. I will install my grp S5s. set a goal of 135 on them. hopefully everything will go smoothly, meaning no wrecks haha I do like the tire and I've also said you need to check them before and after every run. I have said this many times about all the hiccups haha. haha, they're caused by user error.

Dang you are saying mainly what I have said in a few of my posts about grps.....Looking forward to reaching my goals.... I certainly like the GRPs.
    Last edited by lektro; 03-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    I have 2 sets of glocs. One set not taped and one set gooped with fiberglass. The goop is so tough there is no way they will balloon. I will go for 60 to 70 on the non taped. Once I reach that goal. I will go with my taped glocs and stay at 70 in the beginning. If they feel good at 70. my goal would then be 90 to 110. If I have not totaled the car by now. and am comfortable with speed runs. I will install my grp S5s. set a goal of 135 on them. hopefully everything will go smoothly, meaning no wrecks haha I do like the tire and I've also said you need to check them before and after every run. I have said this many times about all the hiccups haha. haha, they're caused by user error.

Dang you are saying mainly what I have said in a few of my posts about grps.....Looking forward to reaching my goals.... I certainly like the GRPs.
    I may try a set if I can find any I actually like the looks of. See if I can improve traction

RC Enthusiast
    I use S2 for drag Racing, do a burn out and they stick like glue. Rustler build, with Bandit body. Best tires I have found for traction.

I may try a set if I can find any I actually like the looks of.
    They are not the best looking tires,that's for sure...
    Choose Life !!!